Flower

The Hidden Love
2NE1 was already there when he arrived at Lotte. After rehearsing for a while on stage, they lounged at the backstage. Then, he took a little time for himself. Then, as he was heading back to the backstage, a figure of a girl caught his eyes. He froze, unsure of what to do. Then, as he blinked, the girl was no longer in sight. After a while, he decided it was just a figment of his imagination.

At the backstage.

As Dara was fiddling through her things, a rose fell out of the chaos caused by her scattered possessions. She frowned as she stoop and picked the flower. The girls saw it and started questioning her.

GD’s head snapped up as his eyes flew to where she was. ‘Someone gave her a rose?’ he thought.

“Is there a card? What does it say?” Bom asked. He saw Dara looked for the card and opened it. Her eyes grew wide as she read what was in the card. Then, a smile curved her lips, that was quickly replaced by a frown.

“Nothing. . It just says ‘To Sandara Park’ “

Then, her head snapped up to him as she gave him a bright smile.

‘Is she trying to piss me off?’ he asked himself as he finds it irritating for her to smile at him like that. ‘Yeah, enjoy that flower while it last’ he thought grimly as he saw her sniffing the flower and how she seemed to can’t take that stupid bright smile off her face.

Then, the show started. Since they will be appearing in the second part of the show, they stayed at the backstage. She was goofing around again. She was imitating YB’s dancesteps in his Where U At MV, there’s this ‘where u at hand dancestep’ and the ‘chest-hitting dancestep’. She added her own style and making funny faces that it looked darn hilarious making everyone laugh, including him, inspite his “little” grudge against her. But he still kept his distance though, contemplating about the recent events.

FIRST: he kept seeing “her” everywhere ever since he learned that she dropped by his dorm. See her, but never got the chance to talk to her. Then, it was always a glimpse, he had never seen her face upfront yet. It was always a glimpse of her back, of her side, of her physique so it was making him confuse if he could actually see her or he was just imagining that she’s everywhere he was.

SECOND: looks like someone’s starting to make a move on Dara. At this point, he was actually a bit thankful that they’re not allowed to have boyfriends yet.

As the performances ended, a series of fireworks lit up the sky as part of the celebration. The people gasped and cheered, in awe of the sky’s beauty. He stole a glance at her. Her face illuminates different colors and he loved how the colors play beautifully on her face. He sarcastically smirked. He can’t quite understand why the people where in awe of the sky’s beauty when perfection was at his side.

“Beautiful” he said. She chuckled.

“Yeah, it is. Feels weird”

“Eh?”

“It’s weird to stand here when not long time ago, we were mere trainees working for our dreams. Weird how not long time ago, Hyun Seung was still with us, in this very place and working his way to be a part of Bigbang and now he’s. . .” she stopped then sighed. “So many things has changed. Ahh, I missed the others”

“Past is past. You can never go back once you took a step forward” he said, mostly to himself, mentally preparing himself.

Dara froze as she sensed a deeper meaning to it. But she ignored the fears she suddenly felt and chuckled.

“You’re talking in riddles again”

Later. . .

As she lay in bed, she looked at the flower again. She smiled despite the guilt gnawing inside her for lying about the card’s content. Her smile grew even wider as she remembered the card’s full content. It said: “To Sandara Park”, then at the bottom of it, a cute letter “J” was scribbled

--------->

His head was aching a bit. Probably from lack of sleep. But he had to get up to go to the YG building and prepare for his upcoming Inkigayo performance.

Dara: Ya! Did u sleep well?

He hesitated as he remembered he still have a “little” grudge against her, but then, he responded anyway.
GD: Not really
Dara: Ur overworked
GD: I’m fine. Ur d one who’s overworking
Dara: I can manage. What’s wrong?
GD: I told u it’s nothing.
Dara: -.- I don’t believe u
GD: Ur bro’s going to debut, isn’t he? R u excited?
Dara: Oh, yep, of course I’m excited for him. And Hyun Seung, too! Say hi to him for me ifever u bumped into him, okay?
GD: Sure. . .
Dara: Back 2 u. What’s wrong dongsaeng-ah?
GD: Don’t call me that
Dara: I won’t if u tell me what’s wrong
GD: I’m just tired.
Dara: U want a massage? I can send CL there or maybe u want the model u were with in the beach?
GD: That model thing is so long time ago
Dara: I just found out recently. So, which do u prefer?
GD: Hmmm. . . I’ll pick the model (winking smiley)
Dara:
GD: hahaha

A minute passed. . .

Another one, making it two minutes. . .

Until it turned into an hour. . .

Then, hours. . .

She never sent another message again.

He sighed. He was just hanging around back then; never expected it to come out. Besides, it was really the boys who invited those ladies. And now it’s out in the open. He felt guilty. Most of the people know Dara has some “trust” issues when it comes to men, especially after what happened to her father and that guy. But that particular girl reminds him so much of her, especially the eyes.

Then, when he remembered her stint in Strong Heart, he had a change of heart. He shouldn’t feel guilty, there’s nothing going on between them anyway.


Later. . .

He dropped by the practice room where 2NE1 was, bringing foods with him. The three girls greeted him while she merely bowed to him.

‘How dare she act like this towards me?’ he asked himself as he smiled at the girls.

“Oppa’s always good to us” Minzy said that was seconded by CL. They then thanked him.

He watched them for a while, waiting for any sign of recognition from her. When he didn’t get any, he bid goodbye to resume his rehearsal. He was already a few meters away from the practice room when someone called him. He turned around and saw her jogging her way towards him. She then reached out for his hand and opened it, placing a chocolate bar in his palm.

“Energy” she said, then turned around. He quickly grabbed his wrist and was about to hug her, but he changed his mind.

“Thanks” he said. She smiled then bowed to him and went away.

He looked at the chocolate in his hand as a grin spread across his face, the unknown sender of the flower and the incident in the Strong Heart episode all forgotten.

--------------->

Dara: Ya! U won DMA’s! Congratulations!
GD: Thank u

His phone was now bombarded with congratulatory messages but he replied to Dara first. He was on his way home already.

Dara: U should treat us!
GD: Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
Dara: kekeke. YG family fighting!

He arrived at the dorm.

As he entered, he stopped halfway through the living room.

“Hey, it’s been a long time” she greeted, smiling at him.