The Bargain

The Hidden Love

GD knew he should concentrate and practice nonstop for his concert and for the upcoming awards show, but it wouldn’t hurt to take a break for a while and give the “girls” a visit and see how they’ve been doing in their preparation for the same upcoming awards show. So, there he was, making his way towards the practice room where the girls were. He can’t help but feel excited. He entered the room and walked silently in a corner, sat then his eyes automatically flew to her like it’s the most natural thing in the world, like she was a human magnet. Upon seeing her, he frowned a bit. There were dark circle under her eyes again. She must be working hard late at night or early in the morning all by herself again. He scolded himself for not checking on her regularly like before. He was preoccupied with work for the past days. He hasn’t got the chance to talk that much to her during her birthday celebration then the last time they talked, they argued about the ramen. Looks like he got some issues to clear up. He sighed. She’s probably feeling pressured, not to mention that she does not want the “in-the-club-farewell-stage” to happen again that’s why she’s been working her head off hard again.

Then, he sneaked slowly beside her as she took a break. He secretly applauded himself. He’s becoming an expert when it comes to sneaking-to-be-beside-her kind of thing. She was drinking water when he finally reached her side.

“Hey” he greeted.

No answer. Instead, she took out her phone and busied herself with it.

“I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to stay long on your birthday celebration, J-ah asked me to accompany her home.

No answer.

“I’m sorry if I haven’t talked to you that much in the restaurant, either”

Still, no answer.

“I was supposed to arrive in the restaurant early, but J-ah called me and asked me to wait for her and keep her company for the whole event since she doesn’t know everyone there”

There was still no answer. So, he suddenly grabbed her phone and kept it out of her reach.

“Ya! What are you doing?”

“You’re ignoring me; you’re being disrespectful to your sunbae”

He smiled when he finally looked into her eyes.

“What do you want, anyway?” she asked.

“I said I’m sorry. I just wanted to explain-“

“No need. I understand how you feel for her, so no need to do that”

“Listen, you-“

“I said it’s okay” she said, then gave him a small smile. “Don’t you have rehearsal? You should concentrate on your work.”

Then, his phone rang. He answered it.

After a while. . .

“The President’s looking for me. I’ll be back later” he said.

“Take your time” she answered sarcastically.

GD can’t help but think that this is probably about Dara again. He can’t help but remember the “Dara talks” he had with the boss. The first talk he had with YG was about Dara’s dreams, her family, what will happen to her career if he will pursue her while she was still being a rookie; about him not allowed to confess to her or to let other people know about his feelings for her. The boss surely made him feel guilty about what will happen to her if he decided to pursue her.

Then, the second talk he had was about the request he made. The request of making Dara’s wishes comes true. He also made a bargain with the boss. He said in return of making her wishes come true, he’s willing to sacrifice his feelings for her, to set it aside, to stay away from her. The other wish wasn’t granted yet, but almost. After 2NE1’s concert in the Philippines, that’ll be the time that he’s gonna stay away from her.

“You still remember the request you had, right?” Mr. YG asked the moment he was settled in the chair in front of the President.

“Yes” he answered. Of course he can, he was just thinking of it a while ago.

“I’m sorry to say this, but I’m afraid I can’t accept the bargain or rather the sacrifice you’re offering”

GD straightened in his chair. What could be worst than staying away from her? From giving up his love for her? If the boss is going to ask him to stop loving her, he can’t do that! He will never do that!

“What do you mean?”

“I thought about your requests, and it turned out that you were right that the company will benefit from it, not to mention will also gain Dara and the girls more popularity. So, I’m afraid that our bargain will be no longer needed.”

GD remained silent as he waited for the President to continue.

“But I’m afraid you have to wait for three years before you can go out to the public together. And before you confess to her. So for the meantime, be very careful with your actions in public”

Did the boss turned gold? Because he can definitely see him shining brightly that he can now worship the President with all his heart.

----------->

A wide smile was on his face as he make his way towards the girls’ practice room. Then, he heard a phone ring. He frowned a bit. It wasn’t his ringtone. Then, he suddenly remembered that he didn’t return Dara’s phone to her. He looked at the caller ID. It was Bom. He answered.

“Hello?”

“Ya! Why did you bring mah phone with you?” the girl on the line shouted.

“I’m sorry, I forgot” he laughed.

“What’s so funny? I’m on my way to your practice room, so you’d better be there”

He smiled. “No, I’m on my way to your place, stay there”

“No, I’m already far from our practice room”

He run when he saw a glimpse of a girl on the way with arms full of bag of foods.

“Hey, Ji!” the girl greeted.

“Hey” he answered, not looking who it was as he continued talking on the phone and making his way to the room. He turned in a corner and saw Dara at the far end of the hallway. He saw her stopped upon seeing him, eyes squinting into tiny slits.

“Ya!” she shouted. He run slowly to her, laughing. Upon reaching her, he hugged her tightly and turned in circles. His laughter was bouncing of the walls of the empty hallway. Then, he put her down again.

“Ya! Are you out of your mind already?”

“Here’s your phone” he answered instead and gave her the phone. Then, he gave her another tight hug.

“Ya! You should be practicing right now”

GD was so immersed in his own happiness that he didn’t notice the two eyes watching them carefully.