The Snake

The Hidden Love

Then, a smile lit up her face again. “Ah, it seemed like yesterday when I told Daesung we should be in a variety show together. I must have a secret fairy godmother!” she exclaimed dramatically. He chuckled.

 

“A secret fairy godmother?”

 

“Yep, coz  my wishes are coming true one by one”

 

“You deserve it, after all the hardwork and all the efforts you put to reach your goal”

 

She smiled again. “You never fail to make me feel-“

 

“Ya!”

 

Both their heads turned up to him. “Jae-ah wants me to give this to you” GD said, reaching a sandwich to her.

 

“Oh. Thank you”

 

GD nodded.

 

YB was off space as he listened toDara’s rants again. First, TOP hyung in I’m Sorry MV, then GD’s Hello, now Dae’s FO. He sighed. At this point, this is actually one of those rare moments that he envied GD. See, GD writes and composes songs, which give him the power on who to work with and how to make it sound. Of course, Hello was made to like a “conversation” song and the beat suited her voice perfectly. It was obvious that GD was exercising his freewill and rights well, being too involved in making his album, unlike him. He, Dong Youngbae, usually just sits down and listen to what the others says and suggests, and just give his best. Of course, he had secretly wished before to include her in his first album, but it seemed impossible at that time. But now, things had change. Slowly, he was beginning to exercise his “rights” and “freewill” ever since he heard that HE will include her in his first solo album. At that thought, for the first time, a smirk unlikely seen in his face appeared. He was just bidding his time, one step at a time.

 

They finished early today because they’ll be attending to an event later, just one of those moments where the artists of YG would go out and hangout or watch some shows. He waved goodbye to her as they headed to their respective dorms to prepare themselves for the concert they’re going to watch later.

 

 

At the concert. . .

 

“Where’s Jingyo?” CL asked.

 

“He said he’s just waiting for Ja-“ YB stopped then glanced at Dara, then added hesitantly, “for someone”

 

But Dara just smiled at him. “This will be a fun night” she said. Well, as of this moment, she doesn’t really care if he’s waiting for HER and that they’ll be coming together. She was with her friends that she considers her family, and besides, this one hella concert to watch. But she should admit that it gave her an unease feeling in her stomach.

 

Later. . .

 

She knows someone was texting for a while now, but she ignored it first, rather enjoying the concert and having fun watching it, cheering and shouting at the same time, with a few claps here and there.

 

YB stole a glance at her and he was glad that she was enjoying herself. Then, he catch Minzy looking at him, he smiled at her then looked down immediately, after he saw the look on her Minzy’s eyes

 

On the other hand, GD looked at his phone for the nth time, only to find himself disappointed again. He sighed then took a glance at her, craning his neck a bit. He saw that she was enjoying herself and laughing with YB.

 

“Is there something wrong?” his companion asked.

 

“No, nothing.” He said, then smiled.

 

Later. . .

 

A phone was ringing.

 

“Hello?”

 

“You’re at the dorm already?”

 

“Yes, why?”

 

“You didn’t response to any of my messages”

 

“Sorry. I enjoyed watching the concert. And I thought you were busy showing how manly you are”

 

“If I was busy, do you think I’d be able to text you? And F-Y-I, we’re not doing what you think we are doing”

 

“Fine. But I was really busy myself, too”

 

“Yeah, I noticed”

 

“Besides, your messages were nonsense anyway”

 

“Ya! Is that the way of talking to your senior?”

 

“Ah, sunbae-nim. I’m sorry. I really forget that you’re my senior seeing how unprofessional you are for coming in late to the concert”

 

“I was waiti-”

 

“Yeah, I know you waited for her. Still, it was unprofessional”

 

“Look who’s talking. You came late on my birthday celebration, too”

 

“Well, it was not a major event anyway”

 

That hit home. He opened his mouth but no sound came out, his throat constricting, disabling him to speak.

 

“That was. . . .mean”  he whispered.

 

“Oh, so you’re telling me that you’re the one who’s in pain now? Well, can you just imagine what I felt the whole night when I-“ she stopped, then continued. “You’re meaner than me! She bursted out, ending the call.

 

--------->

 

“Oh, look at him, isn’t he so adorably cute?” Jae crooned at Gaho. GD chuckled, and looked at Gaho adoringly. Dara felt an unease feeling crept to her stomach as she saw the scene, they were at one of the lounge area of YG building.

 

“Ah, anyone who will see this pup will totally fall in love with him” Jae continued. This made GD sniggered. The girl looked at her with a confuse look.

 

“Dara doesn’t think so”

 

“Really?”

 

“She’s afraid of dogs”

 

“Oh. But he’s so cute, just like his owner” Dara heard her say, twinkling her eyes at GD.

 

Dara felt like she was going to throw up, so she covered with her hand, while she clutched her tummy with the other. ‘Weird’ she thought.

 

“Are you alright unnie?” Minzy asked.

 

“Oh, yes” she answered blankly, her ears were still trying to catch the conversation between the two.

 

“I thought you were going to vomit”

 

“Aniyo”

 

Jae then scooped Gaho up.

 

“He’s heavy” she heard GD warned the girl.

 

‘Kyaa! What’s with that soft voice?’ she thought.

 

 

GD watched Jae crooning over Gaho. He chuckled. The pup can really attract attention to himself. But then, he frowned as he saw Gaho trying to wiggle out of Jae’s hands. Gaho usually LOVED being pampered and adored, especially by girls. But he’s not saying that it’s unusual for Gaho to wiggle out of a person’s hands, but from what he was seeing, the pup was frantic to get out. Then, he finally succeeded escaping from Jae’s hands.

 

“Omo!” she exclaimed. He watched as Gaho went running, then, when he saw where Gaho was heading, a boyish smile curved his lips. He then stopped Jae from chasing Gaho.

 

“Let him be. He loves chasing Dara around” he sad matter-of-factly. And he was right when he saw the pup stopped in front of Dara”

 

He let out an amused chuckle. And to his astonishment, he saw her poke the pup’s nose and he thought he heard her say “good boy”. She stopped as she realized what she did. He heard her surprise gasp, then, she suddenly pulled back and lifted her feet, the surprised look was still on her face. He looked at the others, it seemed like no one notice. He glanced at Jae, and it seemed like she didn’t notice what Dara did either. Was it just him then? He looked at Dara’s face again. The surprised look was gone, instead, there’s that look of fear again.

 

‘Did I just imagine it?’ he asked himself, confused.

 

“Really?”

 

That brought him back to his senses. “Yep. I told Dara before that I think Gaho sees her as a bone-food” He laughed.

 

“Yeah, she’s really thin. Maybe I should cook food more often for her”

 

“That won’t help. That girl can eat an elephant without even gaining weight”

 

She let out a tinkling laugh. “That’s impossible”

 

“You haven’t seen her eat a whole dish of crab dipped in soysauce. You’d be amaze”

 

There was a momenr of silence as he recalled the days back when they were still trainees, a dreamy look on his face. She decided to break him from his dazed state.

 

“Where did Goldilocks go?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“The curls”

 

“Oh. Ssantokki chased her away” he laughed.

 

Then, he saw her confused look.

 

“Oh, sorry about that. Dara said I looked stupid, so I-”

 

She let out a light laugh. “Is she your stylist now? And since when did you mind other people’s opinions about you?” He wasn’t sure if heard her right, but he thinks there’s a hint of sarcasm there. He frowned a bit, not used to her tone. But then, he smiled.

 

“She’s not just another-“ he stopped, then smiled charmingly again. “Are you jealous?”

 

“It’s just you’re too comfortable with her and well, everything she does and say  makes you laugh even if it’s not funny”

 

“I just find her funny, like Bom noona. And besides, Sandara is my. . . she’s like my little sister even if she’s older than me. You don’t know how childish she could get. So whatever you’re thinking, it’s wrong, not true at all”

 

She gave him a sweet smile. “So, are WE going to visit Bom-ssi’s filming, too? I heard the girls are going”

 

--------->

 

She saw him in one of YG building’s mini offices with his usual accomplice, Gaho. But she found it weird that SHE’s not with them that moment. For the past days, it’s been a common sight to see him, Gaho and J-ah. Everytime Dara sees the three of them together; she would always feel something creepy in her stomach, gnawing her insides. And she finds that feeling EXZTREMELY weird.

 

Then, his head turned to her unexpectedly.

 

“Hey, what are you doing there? Staring at me too much?”

 

‘Flirt’ she thought. “I wouldn’t waste my time on you” she fired, hiding her embarrassment from being caught.

 

He raised his eyebrows at her. “Then, what are you doing over there?”

 

“I’m just thinking”

 

“Of me?”

“Nope. I would just put damage to my brain if I do that”

 

“You’re brain’s already damage” he answered, chuckling. She stuck out her tongue to him.

 

“Why don’t you come in here?” he asked.

 

She shook her head frantically, giving Gaho a frightened look. GD followed her gaze.

 

“Ya! Don’t be like that”

 

“What?”

 

“He adores you, I think it’s a bit mean if you’re giving him that kind of treatment”

 

“Gaho chasing me around is a sign of admiration?” she asked in disbelief.

 

His phone suddenly rang.

 

“J-ah!” he greeted enthusiastically.

 

Dara’s eyes squinted. ‘Now what does she wants? It’s like they’re separated for more than 5 hours’ she thought, getting more irritated when she heard his flirty laugh. She then shook her head, clearing her thoughts, realizing that she was indeed being mean. The girl didn’t do nor showed anything bad to her anyway. She should not think and act like this.

 

“Gaho? Yeah, he’s here with me” she heard GD answered. She stood there, not even daring to blink.

 

“You’re looking for Gaho and not for me? Ugh! You’re hurting me! I envy Gaho for your attention; this is a first time I envied a dog”

 

‘Gaho deserves more attention than you’ her mind remarked.

 

“Okay, okay. Of course” GD said as the call ended, but he didn’t put the phone down and pretended that he’s still talking with her as he finds Dara’s expression at the moment very cute and funny.

 

“Gaho’s umma?” he exclaimed and let out a flirtatious laugh. Ooh, he was loving what he’s seeing now.