Depends On You

My Romantic Drama Life

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

“So where’s her house again?”, Myungsoo said to his manager.

“About 2 hours from here, it’s in a different city with the airport”, his manager said.

“Aish……I’m going to sleep again then”, Myungsoo said. “Wait, have you call her parents?”.

“I’ve called her mom, but she still doesn’t know”, his manager said.

“Good then. Wake me up if we’ve arrived”, Myungsoo said and closed his eyes.

 

***

 

A woman in the middle of 40’s walked to her front door. She opened it and found two men smiled to her.

“Oh Annyeon- hello Mam”, Infinite’s manager said.

“Annyeonghaseyo”, the woman answered. “Little did I know Korean. Because of my daughter”, she smiled.

“You’re ________’s mom?”, Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah, why?”, your mom asked back.

“You’re just as beautiful as her”, Myungsoo smiled.

“Aahhh”, your mom smiled. “Thank you handsome man”.

“Where’s she?”, Myungsoo asked.

“She’s in the backyard. Should I call her?”, your mom asked.

“No, let me approach her first”, he smiled. “Oh, can I…..go to her room? I need to check on something before I meet her”.

“Oh? Sure, this way”, your mom let the two men inside. She let the manager sit and she led Myungsoo to your room.

“Here’s her room”, your mom said. “If you’ve finished, tell me and I’ll take you to the backyard”.

“Sure, thank you very much mam”, Myungsoo said and entered your room.

Myungsoo smiled as he looked around your room. Purple. Your wall, your bed, your carpet….almost everything.

“If Hoya hyung have a personal room, it will looked like this room”, Myungsoo mumbled.

Myungsoo smiled. She’s not that broke, he thought. I always knew she’s a strong one. Myungsoo walked and sat on your bed. Then, he found a scrapbook beside the pillow. Curious he opened it.

He smiled throughout reading the scrapbook. The book is full of your journey in Korea. There’s a lot of Infinite’s photo, prank moments, performing, and others. His smile faded when he turned the next page.

Then I found my first love…

Myungsoo’s face became serious as he turned the pages. This is what he’s looking for. What’s inside your heart so he can think of the conversation he will do. After reading the scrapbook, he thought for a moment and put the book inside his bag. He then walked out from your room.

“Mam, I’m done. Can I see her now?”, Myungsoo asked and your mom nodded. She led Myungsoo to the backyard.

You were sitting on the swing with your back facing him. Actually, you’re sleeping there with your earphone plugged to your ears. Myungsoo walked and sat on the other swing beside yours. He examined your face for a moment before pulled the earphone and press your nose so you can wake up.

“Wha-OPPA?!”, you said surprised when you turned and saw Myungsoo.

“Wait a minute, this is….not a dream right?”, you poke Myugsoo’s cheeks, nose, and forehead. “Wow….cool”.

“What’s cool?”, Myungsoo asked with a blank expression.

“You. Here. What brings you here?”, you asked.

“Just wanna visit my little girl”, Myungsoo ruffled your hair.

“We just have 4 years difference”, you glared at him.

“What?! Okay okay!”, he chuckled.

“it’s comfortable here….”, you mumbled.

“You can always read minds”, Myungsoo smiled. “But can not read those with a same type as yours”.

“What do you mean?”, you asked.

“Nah, nothing”, he smiled. “So, how are you?”.

“Good. But I’ve been better”, you smiled.

“I know”, Myungsoo smiled. “But I now I know something……no matter how sad or stressed you are, you never lose your apetite”.

“Of course!”, you laughed.

“He’s fine. But not that fine”, Myungsoo said. You two have that connections so you can read each other minds sometimes.

“What..?”, you said.

“You have to find out yourself. If I told it to you now, it won’t become a good story”, Myungsoo said.

“I’ve had enough living this drama-like life”, you scoffed.

“But the drama is not over yet………..if you decided to come back”, Myungsoo said.

“Can you speak a little clearly?”, you said.

Myungsoo chuckled. “The ending of your drama……you decide it. Whether the audience will like it or not, it’s depends on you”.

“Uhm, sorry Mr. Kim, but I still don’t understand”, you said.

“Just one thing you should now”, Myungsoo grabbed your shoulder. “He needs you more than you need him”.

You stared at Myungsoo confused. You just stayed silent didn’t know what to say.

“Tomorrow I’ll be back to Korea”, Myungsoo said. “I know this is crazy. I’m really tired”, he yawned.

“What….?”, you said.

“Enough saying ‘what’. I’ll be going now, take care”,Myungsoo hugged you and left you dumbfounded.

You sat again on the swing and thought of what Myungsoo said. But no matter how much you try, you still don’t understand.

 

***

 

“Rissa-ah, promise me one thing”, Myungsoo asked over the phone.

“What’s that oppa? As long as it’s not a weird one”

“Promise me, if I had a chance to come to your home country again, make sure you’re here. Then, you have to accompany me to visit interesting places. It’s a date”, Myungsoo smiled.

 

***

 

 

“I’m back”, Myungsoo said from the hallway.

“Mwo? What kind of product did you endorsed?”, Woohyun asked.

“I’ve got to tell you all something”, Myungsoo’s voice turned to be serious.

“Why so serious?”, Dongwoo said while laughing while Hoya had eyed him suspiciously.

“I lied”, Myungsoo said. “I went to _____’s home country to meet her”.

Hoya was burning in anger but he tried to calmed himself. “What?! You always tell me not to meet her, and what did you just do?”.

“I came to look after her. Make sure she’s still happy and not buried in sadness. If you want to go, what will you do? If she see you, she’ll become hurt again. She’s putting her heart’s pieces back again, and now if you want to go, go on. But her heart will be break again and she’ll never be able to heal”, Myungsoo said stared at Hoya.

Hoya was unable to speak because he knew Myungsoo was right, so he just turned his face and closed his eyes.

“How is she?”, Sungjong asked.

“She’s good. She’s still a happy and crazy girl we know, but the lights on her eyes are dimmed. Don’t worry, I told them that all of us miss her so much. She misses all of us too, especially you”, Myungsoo paused and looked at Hoya, who looked back at Myungsoo with sad eyes.

“But she didn’t plan to come back soon. She still don’t know”, Myungsoo said. “Oh and…this”, he took your scrapbook and gave it to Hoya.

“I stole it from her. It’s a kind of journal, about her life here, about us, about other groups, about you”, Myungsoo said.

 

***

 

Hoya can’t sleep, still think about you. He blamed himself for everything. He held your book tight and finally decided to open it.  He grinned and smiled when he saw the pictures of your journey in Korea. It contains the funny moments with Infinite. Just like Myungsoo, his smile faded when he saw the title about your first love. But, the difference, Hoya expression is sad and hurt.

Hoya kept looking on the journey of your love, about him. He just know that you realized you liked him since the first text he sent you. There’s so much thing about your feelings for him. About Eunji, about he act on drama, about everything. He read all of the mission you did to make him happy, include making his father’s heart change. Until, he read the last mission you wrote, forget him.

 

‘I wonder if your mind is the same as mine. I wonder if you’re hurting alone. I must still be worrying about you. I wonder if I’ve been erased from your mind, erased forever. Should I just go and be erased forever? Honestly, I think that’s what I’m afraid of more than saying goodbye…’   Infinite – Fixed Star.

 

***

 

“I’m tired, Rissa. For being so selfish. I’m tired to build this wall all over again, to put my heart’s pieces back again.  This is no use. See him or not, it’s just the same now. I’m tired of running away from all of this. I can never heal though”.

“So what are you going to do now?”

‘I’ve booked a flight. I’m coming back”

 

 

***

 

 

 

Hiii!!! I've promised and on my timezone.....it's about 30 minutes to Sunday so......hahahah! Enjoy!!!