How Could This Be?

My Romantic Drama Life

 

Play!

 

(Narrator’s POV)

You hugged your legs as you sat on the corner of  the bed. You’ve been crying without a sound for a couple of minutes. Your brain automatically repeated what Hoya said just before you started crying. Just then your phone ringing and it’s L.

“Hello…”

“______-ah!!! Are you okay??? Do you know about this??”, L asked you worriedly.

“I’m okay oppa, I knew about this. Hoya oppa told me everything”, you answer him.

“You...knew all of this from the start?! Why don't you tell me?? And don’t lie to me, you’re crying now right?”, he asked.

“I’m not lying oppa. Yes I’m crying and it’s because I’m sad and I’m hurt. But really, this is not something I can’t handle”, you answered him.

“You sure?”, he asked.

“Yeah…and by the way, where are you? Don’t tell me you’re at the dorm because you said those things loudly”, you said.

“I’m not at the dorm, I’m not stupid! As soon as I heard that, I excused myself to go out”, he said.

“Hmm okay oppa, thank you”, you said.

“Your welcome, tell me if things get complicated, I’ll always here to help you”, he said.

“Alright, thank you again oppa, bye”, you hung up the phone.

Just right when you hung up L’s call, your phone rang again, and this time, your one and only beloved unnie, Hyorin.

“____, are you okay?”, she asked.

“Unnie, I’m okay!”, you told her and chuckled.

“Why are you laughing?”, she asked.

“Both you and Myungsoo oppa are asking the same thing!”, you said.

“Aigoo ____, of course! We care for you that’s why! I bet your friends will ask the same thing too when they heard this”, she said.

“Yeah I know, so please don’t treat me like someone who can’t stand still because of broken heart case”, you said.

“Aigoo fine, but we have to meet. We need to talk about this”, she said.

“Okay, when?”, you asked.

“Saturday, I’ll come visit to your house”, she said.

“Saturday? That’s good cause I’ll be alone, the others will having a schedule that day”, you said.

“Okay good, see you honey”, she said.

As you hung up, your bedroom door swung opened and there they are, your friends. All of them. They hurriedly came to your side and asking the same thing. Like ‘are you okay’ and ‘how do you feel’. You told them that you’re okay, and you’re ready for this, because you know that this will come soon. For a couple of minutes they stayed at your room and tried to comfort you. But each word from them made you feel worse even though you didn’t say it. You did appreciate your friends company, and the fact that they’re all care for you. Your friends left, and now you’re all alone again now.

“____-ah!!! Guess what!! I’ve confessed to Eunji today after the shoot ended, and she accept me!! I have a girlfriend now!!! Thanks to you!! You are the best dongsaeng everrr!!! I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier that I’m going to do this, but, that’s just happened! I don’t even have a plan to do that so that’s why I didn’t tell you before. Thank youuuu very much _____-ah!!”.

Yeah, that’s what Hoya said to you through the phone. It was just a couple of days before that he told you he like Eunji, and today he just told you that he confessed to Eunji. And the worst thing, she accept his confession. It’s not like you don’t want him to be with her, but more like you’re not ready yet. Since the day that he told you he like Eunji, you’ve been spending days with an uneasy feeling. Now, what I have to do? You thought over and over again.

Indeed you don’t want them to be together, but you removed your selfishness. After all, you only want him to be happy. Even though it’s not with you. And with that thought, you stopped yourself from crying and you’ll try to lean on that thought to stand through the hard days on the next few days.

 

***

 

(Kwangmin’s POV)

I heard the news yesterday, and today, I have to meet ____. I have to make sure that she’s okay. I tried to found her since morning, but I haven’t find her yet. This lunch break, she isn’t on the cafeteria or her class, so where exactly is she?

Just when I was about to searched her on the library, I saw her figure at the park. I felt relieved and quickly approached her.

“Hey”, I said and sat beside her.

“Hello”, she said without looking at me.

“So, how are you?”, I asked her.

“You must have known it”, she chuckled.

“Yeah…”, I rubbed the back of my neck. “How do you know?”.

“Because everyone asked the same thing to me after they knew it”, she smiled.

“So….are you okay?”, I asked.

“Do I looked like I’m not?”, she turned to look at me. For someone who don’t know the problem, she looked fine like there’s nothing wrong. But for me, or for who knows what’s wrong, she’s not fine at all.

“For me..no”, I said to her.

“Fine”, she sighed. “Don’t talk anything about that please?”, she said.

“But..”.

“Please just don’t. If you keep quiet, I will be fine. But if you start to comforting me, I might cry again in front of you, and that’s bad”, she said.

“But it’s good to let out your emotions”, I said.

“Yeah, but in this case, no. Because maybe I’ll start to think about them again and make me feel worse, and i don't want to feel that until the schoold end”, she said.

“Fine. What do you want me to do then?”, I asked her.

“Buy me a large portion of Spaghetti Aglio Olio on the café near the school, it’s so damn delicious!!”, she said.

“Okay, okay! Let’s go after the school end”, I said.

“Really?! You bring some money?”, she asked me.

“You underestimate me? I saved some money in my pocket for some unexpected things like this!”, I said to her.

After the lunch break ended, I walked her to her class. When she entered her class, her cheerful and 4D side back again. But I can see what she’s hiding. Her eyes told me everything.

 

***

 

(Your POV)

It’s Saturday already. The others will leave me alone today. But it’s good. I have a time to clear my mind, plus, unnie will come today, and I’ll be able to tell her everything about what I’m felling.

“_____, take a good care of house! Don’t lock yourself on your bedroom and abandon the house!”, Rissa said.

“Remember you’re alone now, be careful”, Darcia said.

“Okay okay, I get it! Beside I have another life! Hyorin unnie will come too later, so I won’t be alone for so long. And I have to eat and I promise to clean the house, okay?”, I said.

“Fine, and don’t forget to eat!! Eat a lot of food!! Don’t let the stress make your appetite gone”, Renee said.

“Are you seriously asking her that?! You know she wouldn’t lose her appetite for any reason!”, Mandy said.

“Hear that? Don’t worry about that, now just go”, I told them.

“Fine, bye!! We’ll be back at 6 okay?”, Renee said and I nodded.

I closed the door and sighed. What I have to do now? There’s no dish to wash, or dirty floor to mop. The bedrooms are tidy…..oh! The clothes!! I better wash those clothes!!

 

***

 

“Hello!”, I said as I picked up my phone.

“____-ah, I’ll arrive in seconds so you better open the door for me from now”, Hyorin unnie said.

“Huh? Okaaaay! Bye!”, I said as I hung up the phone and walked outside to open the gate.

When I reached there, Sistar’s van arrived and unnie got out from the car.

“Hi baby”, she said as she entered the house.

“Unnie!”, I said as I hugged her. “Come one, let’s go inside”, I said.

“So, what’s today menu?”, she asked as she sat on the pantry chair.

“Huh?”, I asked her confused.

“Meal. Look, it’s 1 already”, she pointed to the clock.

“Oh?”, I looked at the clock. “I didn’t plan to cook anything…”, I mumbled as I open the fridge. “So there’s nothing here to be cooked”.

“Just cook anything”, unnie shrugged. “You haven’t cook anything for me!”, she pouted.

“Okay okay, what do you want? Korean, or…?”, I asked.

“Anything”, she said again.

“Okay then, help me here”, I said as I prepared the ingredients.

“It’s weird..”, she mumbled as she sliced the tomatoes.

“What?”, I asked her.

“Seeing you cook this well, since you’re younger than me”, she said. “But, I like to see you cook! You looked pretty”, she giggled.

“It’s been awhile…….since-“, I stopped talking. “Forget it”, I said quickly.

“Since the last time you cooked for Hoya on his sitcom filming?”, she said.

“Yeah…”, I can’t help but feel sad.

“Aigoo, don’t be sad!!! You still can cook for him though. If he has a girlfriend, doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything for him”, she patted my back.

“Yeah thanks unnie”, I said. But that’ll be hard.

“I know that’ll be hard, but you have to try first”, she said. I looked at her surprised and she chuckled.

“I can read your mind, we’re sister”, she poke my nose. “My job is done, I’ll just wait for you to finish okay”, she grinned and left.

 

***

 

“Where do we have to talk?”, I asked her.

“Wherever you feel comfortable”, she said.

“Let’s go to the backyard…”, I said as I opened the glass door to the backyard from the kitchen.

“Wow, seems like you have a lot of swings..”, she said.

“We just have two”, I said. “You’ve known the one on my room, and this is the 2nd”, I said.

This one is just a simple wooden swing chair on the corner of the yard, but the atmosphere is good.

"Thank you for a super delicious food!!!", she said.

"It's fine unnie", i said.

“So….tell me”, she said.

“Tell you what?”, I asked.

“The full story”, she said. “I know that you’ve known this from the beginning, so tell me”, she said.

“Okay”.

I told her from the agreement between me and Hoya. Even though she knew this, but she haven’t know the details. I told her about Eunji, and about how stupid I was when I asked her to play the piano. And I told her about our meeting at Han River. I didn’t notice but tears suddenly fell on my cheeks and I quickly wipe it.

“It’s okay to cry”, she said. “So now….let me ask some things”, she asked and I nodded.

“What do you feel right now? Do you feel sad and wanted him to be with you? How can you passed these days without being so sad? Well maybe you sad, but that doesn’t appear much. You looked healthy and still cheerfull”, she said.

“Well….right now? I feel sad, and hurt. I feel so fragile and I hate it. But no, I don’t want him to be with me. What’s the point of making him with me but he doesn’t feel happy at all? For now, I just want him to be happy. I like to see him happy unnie, it feels like, I could be happy too. That made me passed these days without being so pathetic. I don’t want the others feel bad about me unnie, besides, I’m originally like this. I can’t show my negative feelings to the others. For him now, I don’t want anything else, than seeing him happy”, I said to her.

“Not wanting anything else than seeing the one happy”, she repeated my words and I nodded.

“You know something”, she asked me.

“What?”, I asked back.

“I felt that too”, she said.

“W-what? When?”, I asked.

“It was a long time ago, when I found my first love”, she said.

“F-first love?”, I asked.

“Yeah, love. That time, I just wanted him to be happy no matter what. No matter how much I have to hurt, but seeing him happy, that’s more than enough. Then I realized, it’s what called Love”, she said.

“L-love?”, I said confused.

“You liked him, but that feeling developed becomes love”, she said.

“So….you mean I love him?”, I asked.

“Yeah, there’s no other words can explain but love”.

 

***