Stop Saying 'Dongsaeng'!

My Romantic Drama Life

 

(Narrator’s POV)

 

“Hyung, do you like ____?”, L asked Hoya.

“Mmm? Yes, of course, who doesn’t like her?”, Hoya said.

“Not that way. You know what I mean, so do you like her?”, L asked again.

Hoya thought hard about it. The only thing he knows that he always feel comfortable around you and he always happy to see you.

“I don’t know, I think….I consider her as my dongsaeng”, Hoya said. ‘That was it! I don’t have any younger sister, so those feelings came because of that! I like her as my dongsaeng’, he thought happily, because he finally find the answer to all the questions about his feelings towards you.

“You sure?”, L asked unsure. Even though Hoya said that, L doesn’t believe him. There’s something different when Hoya looked at you, and L sees it. And it’s not a brotherly love, it’s something different.

“Yeah”, Hoya said shrugged. “Why did you ask? You like her?”, he asked L.

“No, it’s not that I like her. I just want to know, since you’re very close with her”, L said.

“Well, I told you. She’s my dongsaeng, and I feel very comfortable with her”, Hoya said again.

“Okay then”, L said and left. ‘He really have no clue about his feelings, I know that. Don’t tell me that all of this because age difference.  ___ will be sad if she know this, but she deserve to know’, L thought as he took his phone and texted you.

 

***

 

(YOUR POV)

 

I was ready to go home, but suddenly my phone beeping. I quickly pulled it out from my pocket, and I saw there’s a text from L. I furrowed my brows. What’s happened?

From : LLLLLL

____, I have something to tell you, about Hoya hyung. Please dooon’t be mad, okay? I asked him about how’s his feeling towards you, and he said that….he just consider you as his dongsaeng..

I stared at the screen with a blank face. I felt a slight pang on my chest. But then I smiled and I sent a reply to him.

To : LLLLLL

Oh…it’s okaaay, I’m not thinking that he’ll like me back though. By the way, why did you ask him that? You want to get killed? =_=

I chuckled, and was about to put my phone back on my pocket, but It's beeping again. Wow that’s fast. I unlocked my phone then I surprised that it was not a text from L, but from Hoya. I hesitated a bit but opened it anyway.

From : hoyaaa~

Hi ____! Did you planned to go somewhere after school? You better not. Let’s go eat lunch somewhere, I’ll pick you up In 5 minutes, okay?

What’s up with this guy? I guess he just want to hang out with his ‘dongsaeng’. I rolled my eyes then replied his text by telling I’ll go with him. But after the message was sent, my phone died. CRAP! I forgot to bring the charger! I sighed then headed outside while thinking. Actually, it will be a bit awkward for me to meet him….well…..you know better ____, you told that he’ll never like you back right?

“But I want to think that at least I have a chance even it’s just as tiny as the atom!”, I said as I ruffled my hair, I didn’t watch my step and causing me to bumped into someone.

“_____?”, a boy said.

“Kwangmin oppa?!”, I looked up at him surprised. “Oh!!! Sorry!! I didn’t watch my step!!”, I quickly apologize to him.

“Nah, it’s okay”, he chuckled. “What are you up to by the way? You sounded depressed. What chance?”, he asked. I gulped. He heard that?

“Ah! It’s nothing….I was just stressing out about….about….the schedule! Yeah the schedule, what I mean by chance is, I barely had a chance to sleep, yeah to sleep”, I said.

“Mwo? The schedules are getting stricter right? You just have to sleep when you can, take any break to sleep, don’t do anything else. I was also like that on my debut days”, he said.

We then walked out together while talking some things about his debut days, and the other random stuffs. We then reached the front field.

“So are you going somewhere after this?”, he asked.

“Yeah, I’ll….”, I stopped talking. OH SHOOT! I have to meet Hoya!!! Where is he by the way? I quickly scanned the place and I looked at a man with glasses and hat, crossed his arms, and was staring at me. That was definitely Hoya.

“Uh…I..have to go!! Bye oppa!!”, I said to Kwangmin and ran to Hoya.

“Where have you been?”, Hoya asked.

“So-sorry oppa”, I said while panting.

“I called you for over than 10 times! Why didn’t you pick it up? And who’s that? You were having fun with him and forgetting about me, here, waiting for you? I told you 5 minutes, don’t you get it?”, he said. I stared at him with a blank face.

“First, my phone is died. Ran out of battery and I didn’t bring charger”, I said. “Second, are you really an Idol?”, I asked him.

“What?", he asked confused.

“If you really an idol, you should know him, oppa. He is Kwangmin, a Boyfriend’s member, also under Starship entertainment with Sistar”, I said crossed my arms. “Besides, why are you so mad? It’s just 7 minutes, which I just late for  2 minutes! You sounded like a jealous boyfriend”, I said. Did I just said the last part? AISH!! Why did I have to say it?!

“Of course I know him!! We often meet at those shows, it just, I can’t see him clearly from here! And I’m wearing glasses!!”, he said.

“Yeah, nice excuses oppa”, I rolled my eyes.

“And I was just worried about you, because you are my favorite dongsaeng”, he said.

I don’t know if I should be happy or sad to hear that. He just told me that I’m his favorite person, but it’s just for dongsaeng. I sighed, really I don’t know how to react.

“You’re my favorite oppa too then, let’s go now, I’m hungry”, I said as I walked away from him.

“You’re always hungry, aren't you?”, he said and he tried to catch up with me.

 

***

 

(Narrator’s POV)

 

You and Hoya are now at a small café near your school. You ordered spaghetti, bitterballen, and a cream soup. Yes. You were that hungry. After knowing that he just sees you as his dongsaeng you feel really hungry.

“Y-you really going to eat all of that?”, Hoya asked with a food on his mouth.

“Yehhsvhahjvd”, you said.

“What? Just chew it first, the swallow it, then talk”, he said. He just looked at you with jaws dropped. He knew that you really like to eat, but he was not expecting that you’ll eat this much.

“I’m really hungry. Don’t worry, I’ll pay for what I eat”, you told him after swallowed the food in your mouth.

“Dongsaeng, really. You’ll get fat if you keep eat that much”, he said.

“I’ve been eating like this for years, and look at me. I haven't been fat before”, you shrugged then continue to eat. Hoya gulped then continue to eat too.

“Yeah, Infinite is a good group too. But the handsome members are just Woohyun and L”, a girl said. You squinted your eyes and saw two girls near your table gossiping about Infinite.

“The others are ugly”, she said again.

You raised your brows, and looked at that girl from head to toe. She’s just….ewwww, you thought. She was wearing a super short skirt, and her face is covered with a heavy make up on. You chuckled, then just continue to eat. You didn’t notice but Hoya stopped from eating and prepare his ears, dead curious what those girls will talk about Infinite next.

“But Hoya oppa is a cool one too”, the other girl said. Probably her friends. She was just the same with the other one. Hearing Hoya’s name, you looked at them again.

“Hoya? Tsk no no! Maybe he has a fine body, but he’s ugly”, the girl said.

What?! You thought. You put the are-you-kidding-me look at them, even though they didn’t look at you. You shook your head and chuckled again. Those are nonsense for you. You just continue to eat again.

“Yah, are you just going to keep eating after hearing that?”, Hoya said.

“What?”, you turned your gaze from the plate to him.

“I know you heard what those girls talked about Infinite, and me”, he said.

“You asking me? You’re Infinite’s member, so, if there anyone who’ll react to those words it’s you”, you said.

“But you are my dongsaeng, aren’t you going to do something?”, he asked again.

'Aish!! Dongsaeng, dongsaeng, and dongsaeng again! I know you just sees me as your dongsaeng, just please stop saying that!!', you thought.

“So what?”, you stabbed the bitterballen with the fork angrily.

“Do something! Don’t just keep eating like that! Seems like those foods were more important than me”, he said.

“Of course these are more important to me”, you said without looking at him. “Without this…”, you pointed to the food, “I’ll die, but without you, I won’t”, you shrugged and continue eating.

“Aish really…”, he said frustrated.

You finally finish your lunch, and you heard those conversation between the two girls about Infinite became worse. You noticed Hoya’s ears had became red. You smirked. Hoya had paid for the bill, so it means that you can leave whenever you want.

“Yeah, Hoya even doesn’t have any aegyo!! He’s soo eww, he has no cute side!”, the girl said again.

Enough, you tought. You finished your drink, grabbed your bag, and walked towards them. Hoya who was staring at you, surprised when you suddenly stood up and left your table. His gaze followed your step. He looked at you confused as you approached those two girls.

“Hi”, you said with a smile.

“Hi….?”, the girl said to you with her brows raised.

“I heard your conversation about Infinite, and I think that you’re very up-to-date and seems like you follows the trend so much”, you said to her.

“Oh….of course I am”, she said smirked. Tch…this girl, you thought. “I read all of the latest Kpop news, on those sites, like allkpop”, she added.

“Woah really???”, you pretend to be amazed. “Do you read every articles? Including those who’s still a trainee?”, you asked her.

“Yeah! I read every single articles. I’ve never missed one, I know all of those faces in the sites, including the coordi”, she said arrogantly.

“Really?! You’re really cool”, you said. Meanwhile, Hoya just stared at you confused. He didn’t know what you mean.

“Of course”, she said chuckled.

“Can I see your phone? I want to see your browser’s history, I want to prove it myself that you are that awesome”, you said.

“Sure, here”, she gave you her phone.

You quickly went to her browser, and go to allkpop. Last two days, you just performed a solo stage on Music Bank as a guest, and you read the news on allkpop yesterday. You quickly searched through the articles on allkpop, when you found what you mean, you smirked and opened that article. It has your photo on it and your face was showed clearly, along with your names, your group name, your friends photo and how’s your relationship with Infinite and Sistar.

What you meant by borrowing her phone that, if she really did memorize all of the face on allkpop, then why didn’t she recognize you? You signaled Hoya to stood up and joined you. You whispered something to him, and then smirked to the girls who were staring at you confused.

“Do you know who I am? Or, who WE are?”, you asked her.

“What do you mean? Of course I don’t know the two of you! I wouldn’t know such a strange people like the two of you”, she said.

“You sure?”, you smirked at her. She nodded arrogantly.

“Next time….make sure you looked at those photos carefully”, you put her phone to her arm. “Know all the face you said? Never missed one single article? Are you kidding me?”, you said then got out from the café. Hoya took off his glasses and hat, then he smirked to the girls before left.

Those girls eyes widened when they saw Hoya in front of them. After Hoya left, they quickly looked at their phone and their jaws dropped when they saw your photos along with your relationship with Infinite and etc.

“We’re so dead…”, the girl said.

 

***

 

“Yah!!! ___ wait for me!!”, Hoya said from behind you. You stopped and turned to him. “You said that you’ll not going to do anything about that”, he said.

“I said that when I was still hungry. Now that I’m full so I can think clearly”, you said to him. “Besides, how can I just reminded silent when they’re insulting my oppa? Insulting you?”, you said to him.

He grinned and ruffled your hair, “That’s my dongsaeng”, he chuckled and put his arm around you. Your moods dropped when you heard him saying ‘dongsaeng’ word again. Hoya was so happy that he found the answer of all his questions that he keep calling you his dongsaeng.

‘AGAIN?! I know Hoya, I know!!! Just shut up!! I have a name!! And it’s not ‘dongsaeng’!!! Enough dongsaeng words  for today, if you said it again, I’ll leave’, you thought.

“So….dongsaeng, where you want to go now?”, Hoya asked you.

You exploded inside. You took his arm off your shoulder and walk away.

“Yah! Dongsaengie! Where are you going?!?!”, Hoya shouted as you getting farther from him.

“Go home! Eat! I’m hungry”, you shouted back without looking back to him.

“B-but we just ate lunch…”, he shouted again.

“I’m hungry again, bye!”, you shouted and turned to the left. ‘Aish!!! That guy!!!! I’ll just go to sleep as soon as I got home! Food didn’t help at all', you thought.

 

****