Last Gift Plan

My Romantic Drama Life

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

“Just let her go…”, L said.

“Yeah”, Hyorin said.

“She indeed need those times”, L said.

“But what if, she decide not to come back?”, Hyorin asked.

“Then she won’t come back”, Rissa shrugged.

“Can I tell the others?”, L asked.

“Only those who knows….for now”, Rissa said. Both L and Hyorin nodded.

“My dongsaengie….”, Hyorin sighed. “Wait, what time is this?”, Hyorin asked.

“It’s…..1.30, why?”, Rissa asked.

“WHAT?! OMO!! I’m late!! I have a schedule!!! I have to go!!! Uh, bye!! Contact me if there’s something!!”, she said and ran.

“Wha….”, L stared at her in confusion.

“O-okay!”, Rissa shouted at Hyorin.

“Wow”, L said and drank his tea. “Rissa-ah”, he said suddenly.

“Hmm?”, Rissa looked at him.

“I want to buy some clothes at the mall, do you want to accompany me?”, he asked.

“S-sure”, Rissa said. “Why all of the sudden?”, she asked.

“Nothing, I just realized that we should hang out more”, he forced not to laugh and stood up to pay the food. He laughed silently because he was embarrassed. His face turning red and the same goes with Rissa.

 

***

 

“Oppa!!”, Woohyun heard someone called his name. He smiled when he knew who it is.

“Ah, Zara-ah! What’s wrong?”, he asked.

“Do you know about _____?”, Zara asked.

“Yeah”, Woohyun nodded.

“Then what should we do?”, Zara asked.

“Nothing”, Woohyun said.

“N-nothing?”, Zara said with a confusion.

“Zara-ah…..instead of approaching me because of ____, why don’t we eat lunch together?”, he asked.

“H-huh?”, Zara said.

“I’m hungry”, Woohyun pouted and rubbed his stomach.

“O-okay then…”, Zara said.

“Really?! Then let’s go!!!”, Woohyun unconsciously put his arms around Zara’s shoulder.

Zara looked at him shocked. “Oh! Sorry!”, Woohyun said and pulled his arms. The both of them then turned their face to another directions to hide their red face.

 

***

 

(YOUR POV)

Why times went so fast? It’s already February. I have a little time to do this. The last thing I do for Hoya. The last gift I’ll give him before I left, if this success.

I walked around the Busan neighborhood trying to find the address the boss-nim gave me. It’s Hoya’s address. After about 30 minutes, I finally found his house. My heart beating fast. Shoul I really do this? But….____!! You swore to make him happy!! Just do this!!!

I rang the bell and waited nervously. I heard footsteps coming closer and my hearts beats faster. The door was opened and Hoya’s mother looked at me surprised.

“Annyeong, ahjumma”, I bowed to her.

“A-annyeong, ______?”, she said. “Oh! Come in!!”, she said.

“What bring you here?”, she asked as she served a tea.

“Is Ahjussi home?”, I asked her.

“Ahjussi? You mean my husband? Hoya’s father?”, she asked.

“Yes”, I said to her.

“He’s in our room, reading. You want to meet him?”, she asked.

“If you allow me and if he willing to”, I said.

“What’s wrong?”, she asked. “Why..?”, she asked.

“I’ve got something to talk to him”, I smiled.

“W-wait a minute, I’ll ask him first”, she said.

“Oh, and…ahjumma, can we talk at somewhere more…..private?”, I asked her.

“What?”, she asked.

“This is an important thing…”, I said.

“O-okay, I’ll ask him”, she then left me alone. I can’t help but feel more nervous.

 

***

 

“______, come with me to his study room”, Mrs. Lee said.

“He’s willing to talk to me?”, I asked her.

“Yes, come with me”, she smiled. She then led me to the study room.

“This is it”, she said.

“Oh, thank you so much, ahjumma”, I bowed to her.

“What exactly, you want to talk to him about?”, she asked again.

“This is something important…you’ll know it soon”, I smiled at her and opened the door.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Lee”, I bowed.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo”, he bowed back. “You’re ______, right?”, he asked.

“That’s right. I’m ______, Hoya oppa’s friend”, I smiled.

“Have a sit please”, he said.

“Thank you”, I said before sat down.

“So, what do you want to talk about?”, he asked.

“Mr. Lee….about Hoya oppa”, I began.

“What’s about him?”, he asked.

“He….is really happy to be like now. Become an idol. It’s his dream. He loves to show his dancing and voice to entertain people”, I said.

“Okay, so what’s about that?”, he asked.

“It must be…..he must be really happy if…his father support him and proud of him”, I said.

“Aaah I see, about that”, he said. “You know, from the beginning, I want him to work like a normal people. What’s the point of being an idol?! After you get old, people will forget you. Being an idol doesn’t guarantee your future!”, he said.

“I understand. What you want is for his own good. But….can’t you see that he’s so happy when he performed?”, I said. “What he’s doing now, is from his heart. He does all of this because he followed his heart”, I said.

“But following a heart, doesn’t guarantee anything!”, he said.

“It is. Happiness”, I said.

“That’s nonsense!!”, he said.

“Mr. Lee, Hoya is 22 now, he’s becoming 23 next month. He’s all grown up now. This is his decision, Mr. Lee, and he’s happy about it. He doesn’t regret a single thing”, I said.

“He will, later. Besides, who are you to talk about this to me?!”, he said.

“I’m his friend, Mr. Lee. Someone who cares about him”, I said. “This”, I pulled out some CD’s from my bag and gave it to him.

“What’s this?!”, he asked.

“Your son’s performance”, I said. “There are some performance, variety shows, and drama of him. Just take a look at that. I’m not asking you to change your mind, but, just please, take a look at it”, I said.

“I’ll come back here on the next two weeks to get it back”, you said. “That’s all what I want to say”, I said.

“You know, you’re wasting your time to come here and to made all of this”, he grab the CD’s.

“Actually, no. Because I’m doing this to someone I care”, you said. “Thank you for your time, Mr. Lee”, I stood up.

“Good Afternoon”, I bowed and left the room.

When I opened the room, I found Mrs. Lee was crying and I was surprised.

“What happened, ahjumma?!”, I asked her.

“You….you don’t have to do this”, she said and covered .

“It’s okay, I do this because I care for Hoya oppa”, I smiled at her.

“Thank you very much”, she hugged me and sobbed in my shoulder.

“That’s okay, ahjumma. No need to thank me”, I said.

“Call me mom”, she said.

“What?”, I asked in surprise.

“Call me mom”, she said. “From now, I consider you as my daughter”, she said.

“Ah, thank you ah-mom, but that’s too much”, I said to her.

“No”, she wiped her tears. “I know that you really care for my son, I should be the one who thank you. Besides, you….love him don’t you?”, she asked.

“W-what?!”, I surprised.

“Don’t deny it, I can see it”, she smiled.

“Yeah, but your son doesn’t”, I smiled.

“Don’t say that. We don’t know someone’s heart”, she said.

“Yeah..but…”, I didn’t know what to say.

“Please stay for lunch”, she smiled.

“I want to, but I can’t”, I smiled. “I have to do something”, I lied.

“You really can’t?”, she asked and I shook my head.

“Okay then….but next time, you have to”, she smiled. “Let me walk you outside then”, she smiled.

 

***

 

Love is in the air~~~ but ironically, not for the main characters, not yet.