Only Tears

My Romantic Drama Life

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

27th October 2013

 

“Yah Myungsoo, hurry up take a shower! The CEO wants to talk to you!”, Infinite’s manager shouted to Myungsoo.

“Eh? Only me?”, he asked.

“Yeah, only you”, his manager said.

“What’s wrong?”,Myungsoo asked again.

“I don’t know, just hurry!”, his manager shouted and Myungsoo got into the bathroom.

 

***

 

“Good Afternoon, boss-nim, you want to talk to me?”, Myungsoo asked as he sat in front of the CEO.

“Yes”, the CEO said. He sense the tense atmosphere and chuckled.

“Why…what’s wrong?”, Myungsoo asked him.

“Don’t be so tense! Just relax”, the CEO said.

“Uh-oh about that…uhm okay”, Myungsoo said as he fixed his sit position.

“You must be wondering why I called you this early”, the CEO said.

“Yeah, and only me?”, Myungsoo said.

“Yes, only you. Because I want you to do something”, the CEO said.

“Do..what…..?”, Myungsoo asked.

“So”, the CEO cleared his throat. “I want you to go to ______, ______’s home country. You go to her house and talk to her”.

“What?!”, Myungsoo surprised. “Oh! Sorry! Excuse me?”, he said in a polite way.

“Yeah so, I want you to go to her and talk”, the CEO said.

“Talk about what?”, Myungsoo asked.

“You have to….kind of persuade her to come back here”, the CEO said.

“Mwo? How?”, Myungsoo asked.

“I don’t know! That’s your job! So you have to persuade her to come back, but don’t directly ask her to come back”, the CEO said.

“What…….what do you mean?”, Myungsoo asked.

“Aish, you have to tell her something that make her come back, but do not, DO NOT directly ask her to come here”, the CEO said.

Myungsoo stayed silent for a moment, “Aaaah!”, he nodded.

“What?”, the CEO asked.

“I just understand what you meant!”, Myungsoo said.

“Aish…”, the CEO facepalmed himself.

“But……you sure this will be success?”, Myungsoo asked.

“I’m sure. But it depends on you”, the CEO said. “I won’t let her go to her home country if I know she won’t come back”.

“Mwo?”, Myungsoo said.

“I know, she will come back. She just need a little push to come back”, the CEO said.

“Okay…”, Myungsoo said.

“Just tell the others that you’ll have to do a commercial abroad, you’ll go on the 1st of November”, the CEO said.

“Okay, but manager hyung?”, Myungsoo asked.

“He will go with you, I’ll talk to him after this”, the CEO said and Myungsoo nodded.

 

***

 

“Hyung, we just have ramyun for lunch?!”, Sungjong asked the manager.

“Oh? We only have that left? Aish I forgot to buy foods…”, the manager scratched his head.

“Hyuuung…..!”, Sungjong whined.

“Aish if only _______ is still here, we can easily ask her to make us lunch”, Dongwoo asked and all the members glared at him.

Dongwoo didn’t realize for a moment, but a second later he widened his eyes and covered his mouth. He looked at Hoya and grinned.

“Sorry”, he said.                             

Hoya only smiled, “It’s okay hyung”, he said. “It’s been a very long time, eh?”.

“Yeah…”, Woohyun said and Hoya suddenly chuckled.

“Seems like we got a wrong strategy”, Hoya said.

“Mwo?”, the others said.

“We suppose to promote ‘The Chaser’ now”, Hoya said. “Because I know exactly what am I chasing now, and who’s the person I sing the song to”.

“Ahhh”, Sungjong said.

“By the way, where’s Myungsoo?”, Sunggyu said trying to change the subject.

“I don’t know….hyung?”, Dongwoo asked the manager.

“The CEO called him early this morning”, he said.

“Mwo? What happened?”, Sungyeol asked.

“I don’t know”, the manager shrugged.

“I’m home!!!!”, Myungsoo shouted from the hallway.

“That’s him”, Woohyun said.

“What happened? What did the CEO said?”, Sunggyu asked.

“Mwo? He just told me that I have to do a commercial for a product abroad”, he shrugged.

“Oh? Where?”, Sungyeol asked.

 

“I don’t know”, Myungsoo said. “He said that…..he’ll tell me later”, he grinned.

“Hyung, have you eat lunch? We just have ramyun…”, Sungjong mumbled.

“What?! Really?!”, Myungsoo grinned and the others nooded.

“Wae? Why are you grinning?”, Woohyun asked.

“I just ate chicken with manager hyung”, Myungsoo laughed.

“What?! You don’t bring anything for us?!”, Sunggyu said.

“No”, Myungsoo continue laughing.

“Hyung! That’s unfair!”, Sungjong said.

“Yah! You…!”, Woohyun and Dongwoo tackled him down. “Stop laughing!”.

“Sorry, hyung! I don’t know there’s only ramyun here! Stop!”, Myungsoo said while still laughing.

 

***

 

You’ve been unsure whether you should go back to Korea or not. Half of your heart wanted to continue your career in Korea and meet Hoya, but the other half wanted to stay in your home country and living a relaxed life.

Your friends in Korea have been practicing about Snowdrop’s debut. With or without you. Since you’re unsure, the practice has 2 version of dancing and singing. The one with you and the other one without you.

Starship and Woollim have sent a trainer to you home country so you can practice dancing and singing, so if you decided to come back to Korea, Snowdrop can debut with you.

The debut is scheduled on January. So you still have times to think.

Today is your birthday, you’ve been busy doing a video call through skype with your best friends, Boyfriend members, Sistar members, some other idols like Suzy, Sulli, IU, Krystal, Hyuna, Sohyun, Baro and Zelo. You even do the video call with Infinite members, except Hoya.

You were about to sign out from Skype when you found out that Hoya has just signed in. You bit your lip and you’re surprised by the sound of a new chat. And it was from Hoya.

 

***

 

(HOYA’s POV)                                                                                        

Today…..is her birthday. What am I going to do? She left me with a such wonderful gift about my parents and now, there’s nothing I could do?

I can’t even contact her?! The others were having a conversation with her and me?

But what am I going to say? What am I going to do? What am I going to give?

It’s not like she will be happy to talk to me or see me. She’ll get more hurt….but….

Let’s just try this one. At least I gave this to her with my heart.

 

I signed in to Skype and found out that she was still signed in. I felt relieved but nervous at the same time. Should I do this? But there’s nothing wrong with trying.

 

***

 

(Narrator’s POV)

You hesitantly clicked on the new chats.

Hello ______-ah.

You traced your fingers on the keyboard. You typed a word but then erased it. You finally just stayed silent and stared at the screen sadly.

 

Hoya sighed. He knew you won’t reply, but he won’t give up.

How you’ve been doing? You don’t have to reply, just listen to me.

 

You on the other side felt relieved. He understand, you thought. You sighed, you wanted to reply but you just can’t…there’s something prevented you from replying his message.

I….at least I have to give a present for you today? Since you’ve gave me a beautiful present that can not be replace with anything. Even with the most expensive things.

Please, just, please click the video call button or pick up my call. You…don’t have to turn on your webcam….just see me. You just have to see me. That way I can give my present for you.

You bit your lips and laid your back on the chair. What should I do?. Even though it’s just only one-sided video call, but still. You miss him too much to see him. You were afraid to fall, you were afraid that the wall that you’ve been built will destroy by just seeing him.

But then, you don’t want to be so selfish. After a few minutes debating with your heart, you clicked the video call button, and wait for him to pick up. You close your eyes and put on the headset.

 

Hoya looked at the screen when he realized you called him. He felt relieved. He quickly pick up your calls and let the camera record his face.

Thank you, _____-ah.

 

Upon hearing his voice, you cringed a bit. You brave yourself and opened your eyes. And yeah, that wall destroyed by seeing him.

You’re there….right? Even though you’re not, I can only hope that you’re there. So….happy birthday, _____-ah. There’s so much things and wishes that I want to tell you. But, like you want me to, you have to know that………me too, want you to be happy, and all the best things happened to you.

Wherever you are now, even though I can’t directly talk to you, I can’t see you face, you have to know that this is my present, for you. The only thing I could do right now. You don’t know that I can play piano very well now, do you? This time, I learned from Sunggyu hyung and Sungjong, who were finally willing to teach me.

So….this is it.

Oh, and….._____-ah? I….miss you. I miss you…….so much.

With that Hoya played the piano, and as soon as the instrumental started, you can’t held your tears anymore. You were holding it when Hoya talked, but now, it flowed slowly on your cheeks as you stared at Hoya who was playing your favorite song, Only Tears.

Hoya sang Only Tears with all of his heart. He really felt it now, what the song is about. He understands now. He then remembered things when he was with you, when you left, and when he lived without you. He listened to Infinite’s sad song and threw the earphone away when he listened to Fixed Stars and Can You Smile. He can’t stand the lyrics. He only understand those feelings now. 

 

On the other side, you were staring at him quietly while the tears still falling down. Then….the song came to it ends, your eyes and tears getting heavy. When the song really end, you quickly hung up the calls and you threw you earphone. You covered your face and sobbed for the rest of the night.

 

***

 

There's nothing i could say other than thank you, for all of you, my readers, subsribers, and all. See you soon! I promise to update the next chapter before Sunday! :)