I'll Always Here

My Romantic Drama Life

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

Finally, today is the Music Bank special. You felt awkward at rehearsal actually, since you have to act all lovey-dovey with Hoya. But you felt relieved because Hoya didn’t realize it. You heard a knock on the door.

“____-ah?”, Eunji popped her face.

“Oh? Unnie? Come in!!”, you said.

“Wow, you look sooo pretty!!”, she looked at you.

“Thanks unnie”, you smiled at her. “Oh! By the way, I’m sorry again! I have to act all lovey-dovey with Hoya oppa later”, you said to her.

“Nah, it’s okay!! The song is like that and it will be strange if you don’t act that way”, she pinched your cheeks.

“Sorry unnie”, you mumbled.

“Oh! I gotta go!! APink is the opening act!! Good luck!!”, Eunji said and left the room.

Before you could sit, you heard a knock on the door again, this time you opened the door and there was Hoya.

“______-ah, whoa!! You look beautiful!!!”, he said.

“You said that because I’m wearing a purple dress right?”, you raised your eyebrow.

“That’s the bonus”, he grinned. “But really, you’re pretty”, he said.

“Thank you”, you let Hoya in.

“Okay, ready for today?”, he asked.

“Yeah”, you shrugged.

“We will be after APink which means, 2nd performer”, he said.

“O…kay?”, you said.

“Remember the stage is ‘T’ shape so-“, Hoya hasn’t finish his sentence but cut off by you, laughing.

“Why are you laughing?”, he asked.

“You’re so funny!!”, you said. “Are you really that nervous?!”, you asked him.

“I’m not- well! This is the first time I perform a special stage without my members!!”, he said.

“Okay, okay! Just calm down oppa!", you laughed again.

“_____-ah, actually, how you’ve been doing?”, he asked.

“Huh? I’ve been good”, you shrugged.

“Yeah…but what are you doing these months? You seems so busy, you even rarely film ‘The Groups’”, he said.

“Oh…that. I’ve been so busy with school, practices, and schedules..”, you said.

“Yeah but your friends seems normal”, he started arguing.

“We have a different schedules oppa…”, you sighed.

“But-“, he got cut off by the knock on the door. Both of you turned and looked at the door.

“Uhm….it’s the time”, the staff said. You sighed in relief and stood up.

“Let’s go oppa!”, you said.

 

***

 

The intro music started and you were getting ready on the stage. You were waiting for your turns and the lights spotted you. The crowd cheering loudly. You were standing beside Hoya’s poster and caressed it's cheek. You began to sing. There’s a back dancer who demonstrate every things you mention on the song. You moved along with the lyrics with the lyrics. You walked to the mini gazebo on stage while you sang the chorus. You stopped in the centre of the gazebo when your turn is over and now it was Hoya’s turn.

The lights spotted him as he stared on your photo on the screen. He does the same with you moving around the stage while the back dancer demonstrate the lyrics. Finally, when he sang the chorus, he walked to the mini gazebo to approach you. He took your hand and both of you walked to the centre of the stage while singing.

When it’s time for both of you to sing at the same time, Hoya took your hand again and both of you walked until the front line of the stage. When you finished singing, both of you stared at each other’s eyes for a moment before bow to the audience.

After you got out from the stage, you hugged Hoya and he hugged you back.

“We made it!!!”, Hoya said happily.

“Yess oppa!!!”, you said.

“Congratulatuons!!!! It was so good!!! Both of you got the chemistry”, you heard Eunji talked.

“Oh unnie!!! I’m sorry again!!”, you bowed to her.

“What are you talking about? You did a great job!!”, she said ruffled your hair.

“Weren’t you jealous?”, you asked her.

“Of course I am!! But what kind of girlfriend and Unnie I am if I don’t support my boyfriend and dongsaeng!!”, she smiled.

“Thank you Eunji-ah”, Hoya smiled at her.

“Yeah, thank you so much unnie”, you smiled at her too.

 

***

 

It’s been months since you did the special stage on Music Bank with Hoya. Since then, netizen started shipping you and Hoya. And that made you felt awkward and sorry for Eunji. But she’s understand. You were very grateful with her. You were getting busier, since your exam will be in 2 months and you have to catch up with the lessons. There’s still many lessons you haven’t learn so there’s still long way to go.

Hoya always questioned what are you doing these months but you keep avoiding it. Actually he was worried and suspicious about what you do.

You were studying in your bedroom and it was raining. It was midnight and all your friends including Renee had slept. You were surprised when your phone suddenly vibrating. You frowned and checked it. There was a text from Hoya.

‘_____-ah, have you sleep yet? If you haven’t can you come outside?’

You blinked and ran downstairs. You peeked through the window beside the front door and you surprised to see Hoya in front of the gate. He was drenched in rain and had his head lowered. You quickly took the umbrella and stepped outside.

“Oppa, what are you doing?!”, you said as you opened the gate for him.

“I-“, he looked at you and he fell. Luckily you caught him and supported him to walk.

You quickly led him to the guest room. You gave him towel and clothes to change. When he stepped inside the bathroom, you quickly went downstairs to tell Renee.

“What?”, Renee said when she opened the door.

“Hoya just came and he drenched in rain. I think he has some problems. Can you let him stay here for tonight?”, you asked her.

“What?! Where is he now?”, she asked surprised.

“Taking a bath on the guest bathroom”, you said.

“Okay, but I have to tell his manager first. You can take care of him right?”, Renee asked.

“I can, thank you Renee”, you said. After getting Renee’s permission, you quickly made a hot tea for Hoya.

You knocked the door and Hoya opened it.

“Here’s a tea for you. You can stay here for tonight”, you said.

“Thank you….______-ah”, he said. He kept lowered his head.

“No problem”, you smiled. “Actually, what’s wrong?”, you asked but he kept silent. “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me”, you smiled. “Just, rest, okay?”, you said and ready to left the room but Hoya grabbed your arm.

“Wait. Don’t go”, he looked at you now. You were taken aback. His eyes is dark and you can see that he’s frustrated. You just stared at him.

“I mean, please stay, for a moment. Can you….accompany me here? Just for a moment?”, he asked.

“Okay”, you finally said.

He sat on the couch and you can see his body is shivering. You quickly took the blanket and gave it to him. You took the tea and gave him before you sit beside him. You just looked at him as he drank the tea and hold the cup with his trembled arms. You quickly took it from him and put it on the table. Both of you stayed like that for a couple of minutes.

“I…”, Hoya began talking. “I just fought with my dad….over the phone”, he whispered. “And I messed up in practice today…”, he said again. “Even though the others didn’t blame me, but i was being a burden for them…the manager keep yelling at me..”, he said.

“I practiced until late at night but it didn’t work…”, he said and his voice cracked. Your eyes widened when he started sobbing. You quickly patted his back.

“I was so lost and I don’t know where to go….I just walked and walked and I got here…”, he said burying his face into his arms.

“I’m sorry _____-ah for being a burden to you…”, he said. “You actually don’t have to do this..”, he said.

“What are you talking about?”, you said. “You’re not a burden to me, you know I’ll always here for you and you can always talk to me”, you said.

He looked at you and you hurt to see him like this. You smiled and wiped his tears. “It’s okay oppa, I’m here”, you hugged him and he put his head on yours.

“Thank you _____-ah, really. For everything”, he said.

“No problem, I’m always here”, you said.

“Please don’t tell anyone about this…..anyone”, he said. “You’re the only one who knows about this”, he said.

“I get it, I won’t tell”, you said and released him. “Now, just go to sleep”, you smiled at him and he nodded.

“Thank you again….____-ah”, he said.

“Goodnight”, you smiled at him and closed the door.

 

***

I might update the next chapter about.........in the next 3 hours?