The Reason

My Romantic Drama Life

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

27th of March. One day before your friends departure to Korea. For the whole ‘vacation’ scenario, you stil chat with Sistar’s and Infinite’s members and felt relieved because they’ve known. So you don’t have to hide anything, except from Hoya, which will be revealed soon.

You took your guitar and sat on the bed. You took the recorder and place it in front of you. You sighed.

“Okay, let’s start this now”, you said and press the ‘start recording’ button. You began to play the guitar and sang.

 

***

 

Hoya woke up and squinted his eyes. Today is his birthday. He turned his head and found an envelope beside his head. He reached it, curious, he opened it.

Good morning!!!! Rise and shine! Thank you for being you, a guy who made his dream came true and entertain people, making people happy to be around him and see him. But, let’s take a day off of being like that today. Today, I just want you to enjoy your life as a son, a brother, a best friend, and a man. No matter how bad your mood is, or a bad thing hit you in your heart, please enjoy this day.

 

Happy 23th Birthday Oppa!!! I always hope the best for you. I wish you love and laughter, happiness and cheer. I hope you’ll have fun today. Please be happy. I’m sorry, for everything. You have to believe things happen for a reason. And a reason, will come to you. See you, oppa. I’m always happy for you!

 

_____.

                               

Hoya’s eyes are now wide open. He re-read the letter and smiled, then grinned. He can’t hide how happy he is. He quickly sat up and blinked for a several times before he stood up and opened the door. When he opened it, he saw Myungsoo passing by.

“Myung”, Hoya called Myungsoo.

“Oh? Hyung, you already woke up?”, Myungsoo said.

“Hmm. So they’re already here?”, Hoya asked.

“Who?”, Myungsoo asked.

“They”, Hoya showed the letter to Myungsoo.

Hoya didn’t know that, Myungsoo, who put the letter from you there. You gave it to him before your departure and told him to put it beside Hoya’s head when he’s sleeping, so he could see it as soon as he woke up.

“Ah..”, Myungsoo said. “They are…”.

“Mwo?! Really?!”, Hoya eyes widened. “Then I’ll go see them”, Hoya said.

“Wait hyung!”, Myungsoo said.

Just then, laughter burst from the living room. Hoya then noticed another voice beside s. Then, he widened his eyes when he recognized the voice. He quickly went to the living room when he saw, s, his managers, his dad, his mom, and his brothers are gathering in front of the TV watching Infinite's performance. Hoya didn’t know how to express his feelings so he just stood there.

“By the way, happy birthday hyung!”, Myungsoo grabbed Hoya’s shoulder and joined the crowd.

Upon hearing Myungsoo, the crowd quickly turned and the attention now on Hoya.

“Oh happy birthday hyung!!!”, Sungjong ran to him and gave him a hug. Each members and managers congratulate him.

“Hyung!! Happy Birthday!!”, Hojun ran to him and gave him a hug.

“Happy birthday!”, Hojae pat Hoya’s head.

“Happy birthday, my son!!”, Hoya’s mom came to him and gave him a tight hug.

“Happy birthday, son”, Hoya’s father said to him and gave him a hug. Hoya stood there dumbfounded and hugged his dad back.

“Dad….mom, Hojun, Hyung, what are you doing?”, Hoya asked.

“We? We’re here to celebrate your birthday son!!”, Hoya’s dad said. “We were watching your performance, ho-how did you do that?! You moved your hand and head and feet just like, wush-wush!”, He imitate Hoya’s dance but, of course failed and turned out to be something funny.

“Dad….seriously…what are you…doing here? And mom? Hojun? Hojae?”, Hoya asked.

“Son, I’m sorry”, Hoya’s dad grabbed Hoya’s shoulder. “I realize now that the most important thing for me, as a father is to see his son happy. And you’re happy now, doing what you always want, living your dream.

I support you now, no matter what. As long as you happy, I will be too. I’m sorry for not believing in you, your dreams. I’m sorry about the past. From now on, please forgive me and tell me every thing you do, and I will support you”.

“Dad….”, Hoya said, speechless. “Thank you very much”, Hoya hugged his dad and he began to cry of happiness.

“You’re welcome kid”, Hoya’s dad said. “But do not thank me, first, you have to thank your little friend”.

“Little friend?”, Hoya asked.

“Oh that…..”, Woohyun tried to find the right words.

“______”, Myungsoo suddenly blurted out and Infinite’s members widened their eyes including Hoya.

“______?!”, Hoya said surprised.

“Hmm”, Myungsoo nodded.

“Yes, she told us to come here on your birthday to celebrate it”, Hoya’s mother said.

“Where is she now?!”, Hoya asked.

“Remember what she wrote on the letter, hyung? She wants you to enjoy this day, no matter what happened”, Myungsoo said.

“What? What do you mean? What happened?”, Hoya asked.

“You’ll now soon. But, for now, let’s just enjoy today hyung”, Myungsoo smiled.

 

***

 

The night has came  and it’s time for Hoya’s family to go home, Hoya’s having fun today. The members and family succeed to making him happy, and forgetting about you, for a moment.

“You sure you don’t want to stay?”, Hoya asked his dad.

“We’re sure. Besides, if we stay here, where will we sleep?”, he said.

“It’s easy. We can just sleep on the living room and you could sleep in our room”, Hoya said and the other members nodded.

“Wow, how great we are to make idols sleep on the living room while we sleep on their room”, Hoya’s dad laughed. “We’re okay, our task is done, now we want to go home”.

“But-“, Hoya said.

“No, it’s okay hyung, really. We’re really happy to see you”, Hojun said.

“Okay then, goodbye”, Hoya sighed.

“Goodbye son, take care”, Hoya’s mom hugged him then the other members.

As soon as Hoya’s family left, Hoya remembered about you.

“Ah! I have to thanks to _____!!!”, Hoya ran to his room to grab his jacket.

The others just looked at him surprised, except Myungsoo. He looked calm.

“I’ll go now!”, Hoya said and ran outside.

“Wait-!”, Dongwoo said.

“Let him, hyung. He deserves to know, now. ______ will tell him the reason”, Myungsoo said.

“But she’s not coming back here…..right?”, he asked.

“Yeah, she’ll not tell directly face to face, but still”, Myungsoo said looking at the front door while the others just stared confusedly at each other.

 

***

 

Hoya arrived in front of your house, Snowdrop house, panting. He ran from his dorm to your house. He’s grinning, expecting to see your cheerful face and he just want to hug and thank you for everything you’ve done to him. But, he didn’t know that, the reality is far from his expectations.

Hoya knock on the door, and Renee opened it. She’s surprised but managed to control his expression.

“Oh, Hoya! What’s wrong? Oh, by the way, happy birthday!”, Renee said.

“Thanks noona. Is ______ here?”, Hoya asked.

“Oh, she’s…..she’s not here”, Renee said.

“What?!”, Hoya asked.

“I’ll let you talk to Rissa, please wait”, Renee said and left him dumbfounded.

“Oppa”, Rissa greeted him with smile.

“Rissa”, he smiled back. “Where’s she?”, he asked.

“Not here”, Rissa said. “Here”, Rissa gave him a box.

“What’s this?”, Hoya asked.

“Just open it, later. When you’re alone at the dorm, it will tell you everything you want to know”, Rissa said.

“Oh?”, Hoya said and stared confusedly at the box in his arms. “Then….maybe, I should be going now?”.

“Yeah”, Rissa grinned. “Good night oppa, and happy birthday”, Rissa said.

“Good night, thanks”, Hoya smiled and turned to go.

“Oh and oppa!”, Rissa called him.

“Yeah?”, Hoya asked.

‘I’m sorry”, Rissa said. “I can’t prevent this situation, she’s stubborn. But you gotta understand”, she smiled. “Bye”, she said and closed the door.

Hoya furrowed his brows and walked to his dorm. He held the box in his arms and couldn’t help to open it right away. He wanted to know ‘what he will know soon’.

Hoya reached his dorm and walked to his room. He founded that all the members are sleeping. He decided to went to the balcony. He opened the box, and there was a recorder, plus the earphone.

He furrowed his eyebrows, and plugged the earphone. He press the play button, and waited for the sound to came out.

 

***

 

Oppa! You must be confused now, right? Kekeke, I’m sorry. But now, I just want you to listen to this song first. I know I stole your idea, but this song is just resemble my feelings so much, towards………you. You don’t know that I could play guitar, right? So….just relax and listen.

Hoya heard your voice and smiled. He missed you so much. But one thing that bothered him. The words you said. ‘Stole your idea’ and ‘resemble my feelings towards you’. But he just shrugged it off. He closed his eyes and relaxed.

The guitar instrument is playing and Hoya quickly opened his eyes when he knew what song is that. It’s ‘I’m In Love – Narsha’. It’s the other version of ‘I’m In Love – Ra.d’. The song that Hoya always wants to sing to confessed to a girl, and now, you sang it to him.

 

To be honest from the  first time we met

Saying I like you was not easy for me to do

If I don't approach you first I was afraid of losing you

I wrote letters and prepare small gifts for you

 

Hoya is really surprised. He knew this song well. Singing this song means….you like him? He questioned that a lot. But in the end, he decided to listen to the song and enjoyed it.

 

I'm in love, I’m so deep in love

I'm fall in love

There's no way around it

I can't hide my heart

You're so beautiful

 

You're too beautiful

 

The song ended and Hoya opened his eyes again. He prepared for something you will tell him.

 

Oppa, how’s it? Not bad, right? So….by the time, now. That song resemble my feelings for you. So…now, let’s just go to the main topic.

 

He heard you sighed and he listen more carefully.

 

Okay, so, oppa. I know I haven’t talk much to you lately. And if you thought I’m avoiding you…..yeah, short of. I’m sorry, and I will give you the reason through this.

There’s a lot I want to say, but let’s start with this. The main problem. I really don’t know how to start saying this but……Hoya oppa, I love you.

 

 

***

 

Hi!!!! Sunday update~~~ Oh and i just put a little lyrics of 'I'm in Love' here, but...if you want to know (or mayble you already know) just find the english translation of it on google ;p. Oh and the message is still looong, but i decided to make you wait for the rest on the next chapter which......i will update next friday or saturday.....keke forgive me! See ya!