Confusion

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoona ah! YOONA!! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

 

I shouted in panic as the rain fell mercilessly on me. I was worried, mad worried.

 

"Daesung! Let's seek shelter first! The rain is getting heavier!" Sooyoung shouted and grabbed hold of my wrist.

 

Being so panicky and most importantly, angry at myself for not taking good care of Yoona, I shrugged off her grip forcefully, causing her to fall onto the ground, spraining her ankle.

 

"OMO! SOO!" I regretted my actions immediately and I bent down to tend to her. "I-I'm so sorry.... I-It's ju-j.."

 

"Gwenchana, l-let's just seek shelter first shall we? There's no way we can locate Yoona when the rain is so heavy. I'm sure she doesn't want you to risk your life either," instead of being angry, she just gave me a smile, an encouraging smile.

 

I nodded and helped her up. It was funny how she could be so rational and mature when it came down to serious matter. In contrast, I got fumbled really easily. Having sprain her ankle, every step became a painful experience for her and I decided to piggyback her, so that we could find somewhere to hide faster. We saw a cave nearby and went inside.

 

******

 

Despite promising her that we would hide from the rain first, I had decided to let her rest here while I continued my search. I didn't want Yoona to be alone. She must had been so afraid now.

 

"M-Must you really go? C-Can't you s-stay..."

 

An almost inaudible whisper rang and suddenly, I found myself getting angry. Her immature self was back.

 

"Of course not! Yoona needs me now! She must be so scared being all alone right now!"

 

"AND I NEED YOU TOO!" She argued back, face bathed in tears.

 

I had forgotten that Choi Sooyoung lygophobic. I had been so close with her that I had forgotten that she's a girl, a timid girl in fact.

 

I sighed in regret as I walked towards her and patted her shoulders. She ignored me and shrugged off my hands angrily. I couldn't help but smile. In a period of twenty seconds, she would speak up once again.

 

1....

 

2....

 

......

 

19....

 

20.

 

"Go away! Go ahead and find Yoona!"

 

See what I mean?

 

"Araso araso. Mianhae~ The fact that you were lygophobic slipped off my mind. I'm sorry," I smiled and took a seat beside her, taking off my jacket to wrap it around her. "Let's wait for the rain to stop before we head out."

 

A moment of silence lingered as I stared at my foot, not knowing what to do. Why did it seem so awkward all of a sudden?

 

"Daesung ah..."

 

"Eh?"

 

"I'm sorry..." She trailed off and I could hear the hiccups in between.

 

"Pabo, why are you crying again?" I turned her around to face me and true enough, she was crying again.

 

"Just go... Yoona needs you..."

 

"Anniyo, you're lygophobic. I won't leave you alone here. I'm sure the others are also doing their best to look for Yoona. She would be fine," I cleaned away her tears, giving her a smile.

 

She fell silent and for a moment, our gazes were locked. I didn't know her eyes were that big and charming... Strangely, I found myself gulped down my saliva.

 

"Daesung ah, j-just... just stop being so good to me..." She looked away and cleaned the tears up herself.

 

"Mwuh? I don't get what you mean... It's only right that I treat you good. You're Seunghyun hyung's sister and Seunghyun hyung is like my brother, so I..."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter