Reason

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things seemed to return to normal after Yoona and I patched up. It was a draggy, torturous five years, but it was definitely worth the wait, worth the agony. I'm glad that I didn't give up. Well, actually I almost did. But thank god. Thank god for Sooyeon, thank god for Jay, and most importantly, though I hated to say this, thank god for Daesung.

 

You could say that things were back to normal between Yoona and I, with me moving into her house, much to Youngbae's and Yuri's relief and happiness. I was planning to move out, even if I hadn't got back with Yoona though. Well, it's Youngbae's house after all and they would need to refurnish my room into an infant room for their child, which is due in another... 6 more months? Besides, it's too glaring to be a lightbulb there already. So, I better make myself scram before they ask me to.

 

Things were great, with the exception of one thing.

 

We don't say 'I love you,' to one another.

 

Isn't that weird?

 

Alrights, maybe it's not that serious to count as a problem. I mean, I don't even mind. We're staying under one roof, blissfully and happily, since Dad has not come into the picture yet, and even though we weren't officially married and... oh wait, have I even asked her to be my girlfriend? Guess not. It's just, we got together very NATURALLY. Like, really naturally - with no questions asked, or assurance needed. We didn't even need to say 'I love you'. We had been showing it out anyway and I don't hate it. To be honest, I love it. Let's be honest here shall we? Which guys wouldn't like making love with his beloved as a sign of showing affection? Be frank guys~

 

But other than this, we're fine. We live how couples should live, love like how couples should love, and kiss like how couple should kiss.

 

Sometimes, we have our own private time too. Like last night, where we slept separately.

 

******

 

I pull up her shades, letting the sun spill over her blanket. Her face got all scrunched up as she curled herself up into a ball, pulling the blanket over her head groggily.

 

"Lazy Im~ You've gotta wake up!"

 

She made no attempt to wake up, only muffled groans and whines could be heard from underneath the blanket.

 

I laughed at her behaviour and cleared my throat, trying to give a serious tone. "Prosecutor Im! If you don't wake up now, you're going to be barred from entering the court!"

 

Finally, she rolled towards me, swiming up from the dark to focus on my face. She knelt in front of me, with her eyes half closed and saluted at me cutely.

 

"Yes, judge~"

 

I couldn't believe how did I get through the last five years. Everything seemed so fresh and clear to me. It is like a blind man regaining his sight once again.

 

"Go get wash up! I'm going to prepare breakfast~" We exchanged the usual morning kiss and as I smiled in satisfaction, she's back into the bed~

 

"Yah! Im Yoona!"

 

******

 

In a bowl, I cracked a dozen eggs and started to whip them into a frenzy. The bacon's already spitting on the stove; the griddle's heating for pancakes. Still, I heard no sounds of footsteps. Could she really have fallen asleep again? She had stayed up for almost the entire night to finish her report last night. I poured the egg into the pan and turned off the griddles, walking into her bedroom again.

 

She was still in bed, but wasn' asleep.

 

"Hey," I said, but she didn't respond.

 

It took me a moment to see that she's wearing headphones, blasting god knows what into her ears. She saw me and shut off the music, putting the headphone to rest on her neck like a choker.

 

"Heys," she smiled at me, stretching her arms out, motioning me to come closer.

 

"What are you engrossed about?" I smiled as I walked towards her, holding her hands.

 

"Hear it for yourself," she placed the headphone over my ears and replayed the music. "It seemed like it's only yesterday that I had just heard it..."

 

It was my song. Or to be exact, it was my song to her. I wrote for her during my proposal. There's just so much emotions, love, memories in this song. It had been ages since I last heard it. Five years to be exact. I hadn't hear it ever since she left. It's just too painful to hear it all by myself.

 

"You know," I removed the headphones and took both of her hands, placing them on my face. "When we're apart, I always have this impossible little hope that you'll suddenly wake up one day and realise that we're meant to be together."

 

"And now, your little hope had come true. It had come true because of your endeavouring love. Because of your undying love," she took my hand and softened her gaze on me. "Kwon Jiyong, thank you for not giving up on me."

 

"And Im Yoona, thank you for remembering me too,"

 

Our gazes were locked and I leaned in slowly, wanting to plant a kiss on her lips. There's still some time left for a quick make out session. However, as I carcassed her face and she closed her eyes, a burning smell hit us.

 

"What's that smell?" She broke away, nose scrunching up.

 

Then, it hit me.

 

"MY EGGS ARE STILL COOKING! !!" I ran out of the bedroom, losing the chance to have a short morning passionate session. Damn.

 

"That's why I never ever wanted you to lay your hands in the kitchen! My house is gonna be burn down by you!"

 

******

 

"When are you gonna say that three words to me?" I was washing up the charred pan while she happily munched on her toasted bread.

 

"Aren't you suppose to be the one saying it first?"

 

"Yah, I had waited for you for so long! It's time for you to show some appreciation~" I turned around and saw her slicing her bacon and putting it into , not planning to answer me at all. "Silence means consent."

 

"Silence does not mean consent and it cannot act as an agreement or acceptance in courts~" She gave a cheeky smile, taking a gulp of her orange juice.

 

"Gosh, this is what you get when your girlfriend is a lawyer~" I muttered under my breath.

 

"Any problem with that?"

 

"Of course not! Businessman and lawyer is the best match ever!" I chuckled nervously, turning back to focus on the dishes. "But seriously, you should be thankful. Which rich young man do you see washing dishes for their girlfriends? Even Youngbae just started recently, and that's because Yul is pregnant and is simply too heavy to move around." 

 

"That's why, I thank you~" She came from behind, wrapping her arms around my waist and kissed me on the cheek. "And by the way, you look pretty hot with the apron around you. Maybe you should consider having a change of job."

 

"Even though you're a lawyer, I'm guessing that my pay as a chairman is still much higher than yours right? Shouldn't the lower earner stay at home and be the care taker?" I turned off the tap and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me, our lips inches apart. "You know, even I remove this apron, I'm still as hot. I'm even hotter if you remove my shirt~"

 

"Oh gosh! I let a ert into my house!" She squealed but wasn't pulling herself away.

 

"Don't tell me you don't want it!" I laughed, carrying her into the bedroom.

 

"I'm having a court session this morning!"

 

"I just saw Seungri's message. That session had been scheduled to tomorrow~"

 

"OMO! YOU BRIBED HIM?!?!"

 

"Well, he isn't exactly that hard to please. With a few thousands per month and a few tips to wooing your serious-plus-strict-trainee Joohyun-sshi, he's all good to go."

 

"What? He asked you to help him woo Seohyun?" She broke apart from the kiss and gave me a puzzled look.

 

"Yes," I gave an annoyed look and folded my arms across my chest. "Now can we please get back to whatever we're doing? I'm not someone that's hard to please too, young lady~"

 

"I really hope they can get together! Seohyun really needs a cheerful guy like Seungri. And Seungri needs a strict girl like Seohyun to control him too." She ignored me, smiling to herself in satisfaction. I wondered if that's on purpose or not.

 

"I don't know about them but I certainly know that I need you now and you need me too!" I exclaimed and pounced on her, pushing her down on to the bed, devouring her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter