The Fear

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things just couldn't get any better.

 

After we confessed our feelings for each other, we spent the entire night in the office, not feeling tired at all. He sent me home to get a change of clothes before sending me to the High Court where my exam awaited me.

 

"Goodluck to you, even though I know you most probably won't need it. You'll definitely pass, Prosecutor Im~" He gave a peck on my cheek. "I'll wait for your good news here."

 

"Let's hope BARRISTER Kang's words are accurate." I laughed and gave a quick peck on his cheek.

 

"Shouldn't it be on the lips instead?" He pouted his lips, signaling for a kiss.

 

"Yah! This is the High Court! Please behave yourself Barrister Kang! If not, I can sue you for misconduct!" I laughed and hit his chest. "Why didn't I realise that you're that cheesy eh?"

 

"Well, I only leave my cheesiness for that special someone~ So, be thankful for that." He smirked proudly. "I shall take it that I would receive a kiss on the lips after you're out."

 

"Dream on!" I stuck my tongue out at him and gave him a slap on the shoulder. "I'm going in now~!"

 

"Araso araso~ I'm just trying to ease your anxiety." He smiled and adjusted my suit for me. "Hwaiting!"

 

******

 

Just as he had expected, things went smoothly for me. I was nervous at first but when it was my turn, I calmed myself down and was able to perform at my best. The examiners were really impressed by my performance and granted me an immediate pass with no hesitation. I was over the moon. Looks like prosecutor exam isn't that hard after all~ I half-skipped out of the high court after leaving the exam hall and saw Daesung pacing to and fro at the entrance, glancing at his Armani watch every two to three seconds, with a look of worry on his face. I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. So much for acting so calm and casual in front of me just now. He's definitely worrying for me. My playful self appeared from deep within and I decided to play a prank on him. I cleared my throat and put on a frown, dragging my feet towards him.

 

"Mwuh? How did it go?" He caught hold of my arms immediately. "Ahh... G-Gwenchana... There's always a next time. It's their loss for not seeing your merits. You would make the best prosecutor in my opinion." He chuckled nervously and patted my shoulder when I didn't reply and continued to put on a poker face.

 

"Come on! Im Yoona is not so easily defeated right?" He was getting more panicky when he saw my eyes began to well with tears.

 

"I'm just vexed over how much should I request for my pay increment now that I'm an official prosecutor." I pouted and tried to sound genuinely troubled.

 

"M-Mwuh?"

 

"Aishh~ You're so dumb! To think that you're the formidable Barrister Kang!" Finally, I could control myself no more and burst into laughters. "Aigoo~ Innocent Kang Daesung~" I shook my head and wiped off the mirth formed at the corner of my eyes.

 

"E-Eh?" I stopped laughing when I noticed that he wasn't laughing along with me. He appeared to be seething with anger. "Mwuh... I'm just playing! You-You can't be that petty right? I know you're worried about me and I'm sor... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" 

 

Before I could finish my sentence, he had throw his arms around me, spinning me around. Can you believe it? We were actually fooling around right outside the High Court. If we were to get caught, I guess there goes my prosecutor license.

 

"Didn't Soo tell you that I'm famous for my poker face?" He finally let me down after hearing my high decibel squeals.

 

"Liar~" I stuck out my tongue cheekily at him. "Mwuh? What's this?" Instead of replying me, he closed his eyes and pouted his lips at me.

 

"My kiss~" He spoke through his pouted lips, showing me his comical self again.

 

I let out a fruity laugh again and though I wanted to prank him again, I just couldn't do it. Hence, I obliged and pouted my lips too, giving him the kiss that he deserved~ 

 

******

 

Time just zoomed pass us like that. After being a prosecutor, I had my own files to follow up and Daesung was busy with his cases as well. We were both working towards our goals. Of course, that didn't mean we didn't have time for ourselves. Despite our busy schedules, we made time out for each other. Catching a short movie, having a quick dinner or even having our usual Sunday catch-up session with Seunghyun Oppa. The fact that we were still working in the same office helped to sustain our relationship as well. We announced our relationship over at my congratulatory dinner. Seunghyun Oppa and Tiffany Unnie were elated and congratulated us. Sooyoung was there too, but she didn't seem that all that happy though. She didn't show it out of course. She too, congratulated and teased us. But still, I could sense that she wasn't really feeling that great. Call that woman's instinct.

 

Three months since I had become a prosecutor and I met a slight accident. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter