My Sister

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was being dragged to the classroom, sitting on my chair now as I tried to listen to the chantings of Mr Kim's lecture. History wasn't exactly my cup of tea so I was trying my best to perk up and listen, but only to find myself staring at his mouth, which was moving at fast speed, but didn't produce any sound. Before I burst out laughing at his hilarious mouth movements, I looked over to my side and found Yoona sitting up straight, her gaze fixed on that old man if not, looking down at her book, taking down notes furiously. A smile fought its way up to my lips...

 

I was born in a middle-class family. We were not a rich family but nor were we underprivileged. Like most working-class families, we were not accustomed to luxuries, but were comfortable enough and never went short. I had a lovely clean home and we always had delicious home-cooked food. Dad was a combat engineer and went off to work every morning while Mum stayed home and worked hard too. I was the only child in the family and naturally, I was the apple of my parents' eyes and I never experienced any troubles nor hardships. Perhaps, due to this fact, I was a little self-centered and edgy. I didn't have a lot of friends since I didn't like to make them. I prefered to play by myself. It was only when I turned six, did I realise how much a friend meant to me.

 

I first met Yoona when I was six. She was my classmate, but was the exact opposite of me, She was quiet and even though she was only six, it seemed as though she had lots of troubles on her mind. Her brows were always furrowed and , curved down. It didn't bother me at first but when I happened to meet her in the garden during our playtime one day, it changed my impression of her.

 

I would never forget the time when I stood up for her. I was playing by my own in the garden when I witnessed two of my classmates walking towards Yoona who was sitting by the river, staring into space as usual. At first, I thought they were friends and continued to play, but was disturbed by shouts later on. I turned around and saw the two girls, now standing in front of Yoona, a hand on their hips and another pointing fingers at her.

 

"You! Why are you acting like that! Are you trying to attract attention?!!" A girl shouted at her.

 

"Yeahs! Hyun Joong Oppa likes you! He doesn't like me! Why!" Her friend backed her up. I smirked. How could a girl of six years of age knows about love and affection? I didn't know what is love at that time, and I assumed that they didn't either.

 

I stood there, trying to see more of it, wanting to know how Yoona would react. Unfortunately, instead of standing up for herself, she stood up and bowed, apologising to them. The girls did not accept it, claiming that she was still pretending and began to push her. I was furious. I knew it wasn't my business, but how could they treat a classmate in such a manner?! Though I was only six at that time, I was a righteous girl. I would stand up for what I think is right. I ran towards the three of them. Without a second thought, I pushed the two girls and stood beside Yoona. Yoona looked at me with her wide doe eyes. That was the first time that I actually looked her right in the face. At that time, she was already a young beauty... No wonder guys in our class liked her even if she didn't interact with them. I gave a smile and turned towards the other two girls.

 

"I saw what you girls did just now, and it's wrong! Apologise to Yoona now!" I demanded.

 

"Anniyo! Kwon Yuri! Go away! You're just another bad girl! Many boys in our class like you too!" The girl retorted.

 

"That's because, our hearts are red and pretty, like Snow White. Unlike yours, ugly old queen!" Due to my age at that time, I guessed that was the best analogy I could come up with.

 

"You say that again!!?" The girl pushed me hard, causing me to stumble a few steps back.

 

"Mwuh?!! You pushed me?!!" I was getting angrier as the time ticked by and I pushed her back. The firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter