Wrapping Things Up.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A penny for your thoughts?" I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in to smell his cologne.

 

"Nahs, just thinking about what umma told me just now back at the hospital..." He smiled as he my arm gently, pulling me to the front.

 

"What did you guys talk about? It seemed like you're having a fun time but Auntie seemed like she had cried," I raised my brows in curiousity as I took a seat opposite him.

 

"Yeahs, she talked to me about her love life. Her love life when she's young," he gave her smile and held my hand, giving it an affectionate squeeze. "Wanna know?"

 

"If it doesn't kill, then yes," I chuckled and wrinkled my nose playfully.

 

"Alrights then, here we go. Be sure to sit still and not get thrown off by the fact," he pinched my nose gently and smirked. "But before that, promise me that you would keep this only to yourself."

 

I pretended to lock up my lips and tossed the key away. He chuckled in response, shaking his head. "Here goes..."

 

He gave a sigh and started to tell me about everything that his mum had told him back at the hospital. True enough, I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. Indeed, God had planned it all out for us. Our parents are deeply related and their love, passed to us. It seemed as though God is trying to make up to his mum and my dad by letting us get back together.

 

"Chinjia... I knew this would happen. That's what I chose not to tell you," he pouted as he cleaned away the tears that formed in my eyes. "Everything is over now, Yoong. No one is gonna stop us. Not even appa."

 

Talking about that.

 

"After hearing this, I felt guilty..." I sighed.

 

"Mwuh? What happened?"

 

"Your dad has each and every reason to hate me I guess," I shrugged. "Today, I was a little rude to him..."

 

"Really? What happened while you were in the room with him?" He raised his brows in surprise and squeeze my hand. "It's time for you to be honest~"

 

"Araso araso, I didn't intend to hide from you anyway," I pouted and began my side of story.

 

"What is it that you want from me?" The moment Jiyong closed the door, Uncle Kwon spoke up.

 

"Are you that afraid to be left alone with me? You feared that I would take my revenge on you?" I gave a smile nontheless, taking a seat beside his bed slowly.

 

"O-Of course not!" Even though he tried to act calm, I knew he was afraid. "I'm Kwon Sang Woo!"

 

"That's true," I pursed my lips and nodded my head in agreement. "The formidable Kwon Sang Woo who forces his opinion on others. The formidable Kwon Sang Woo who indirectly kills his daughter and almost ruining his son. The formidable Kwon Sang Woo who brutally crushes a young girl's heart, leaving her all alone in a foreign land, with no one to depend on."

 

I continued on with the list of things that he had done but he just kept silent, which was weird. I thought he would rebut or something. 

 

"You really resemble your dad..." he mumbled.

 

"What? You know my dad?"

 

"No, I don't." He spat coldly. "Then, why are you still here? You could have just go. Jiyong is the chairman now. I'm of no power,"

 

"Because, I chose to forgive," I answered.

 

"Why? It's a fact that I had caused you so much harm and it's also a fact that I broke you and Jiyong apart."

 

"True, but I guess forgiving someone is not easy, but living a life filled with revenge is worse." I shrugged. "I'm letting everything go, and I think you should too."

 

"What?" He looked at me in shock, as though I was being possessed or something.

 

"Uncle Kwon, it's time for you to let go. I know you did all these for your principles and the way you show your love for Jiyong is just different. I can see all these. But maybe, it's time for you to change. Use another method and for all you know, you would get unexpected pleasant result." I put my hand on top of his, which he shuddered in respond.

 

"Why are you telling me all these?" He squinted his eyes in question, tightening his shoulders.

 

"Because, just like what you say, I'm capable of leaving with Jiyong right now. Jiyong is no longer the lifeless puppet that you can control and I'm no longer the powerless kid that will watch my beloved being taken away from me. You're right. We could leave you all alone, to die, to perish, since there's no way for you to stop us, but I didn't want other people to perceive Jiyong as an unfilial son. I know he's far from that and people shouldn't misjudge him." I leaned in and spoke firmly too. "If you chose to let things go your way again, I won't just sit back. Mr Kwon, true, you're the formidable Kwon Sang Woo, but I'm THE Im Yoona, your son's beloved. He can live without you, but he certainly can't live without me."

 

I let out an inward sigh, surprised by my own guts. I took my handbag from the chair and slung it on my shoulder. "You should get some rest. We'll visit you again."

 

I was about to walk off when he called me.

 

"Why are you doing these?"

 

"Like I say, I'm just doing what I think it's right." I had my back against him as I spoke. "Gaining another daughter or losing a son. It's all up to your decision."

 

The sentence lingered in the air and I walked off quickly, fearing that my legs would just forsake me any minute.

 

"I felt like my life had been reduced by 10 years with that conversation," I sighed as I ended my story.

 

I looked up and found Jiyong looking at me, with a look of unreadable expression and it scares me.

 

"I-I'm sor-"

 

Before I could finish my sentence, I was folded into his arms.

 

"Thank you," he whispered into my ears. "Thank you so much..."

 

"Eh?" I broke away from the hug and looked at him in curiousity. "You're not angry?"

 

"Why should I? You just spoke my heart and what you said weren't exactly rude," he knocked on my forehead. "And why didn't you tell me earlier? I could have been by your side, supporting you."

 

"Ouch!" I pouted and rubbed my forehead. "Nothing could have been done if you're there. You'll simply just end up quarrelling with him."

 

"Uhmm... True..." He pursed his lips and nodded. "But that doesn't me that you can put yourself into danger! What if he did something to you!"

 

"Oh gosh, being overly protective here aren't we?" I burst into laughters. "What could he do to me! He's a sick old man for christ sake!"

 

"Hello, still~ He's the FORMIDABLE Kwon Sang Woo. I won't allow him to separate me from my wife again."

 

"Yah yah. Who's your wife?"

 

"Come on~ Quit denying it. You must have love me so much to actually dare to stand up against my dad. Besides, my mum is dying to drink the daughter-in-law's tea already~" He smirked. "So..."

 

"FAT HOPE!" I pushed his face away as he tried to kiss me and laughed. "I need to prepare for my hearing tomorrow! Let's sleep separately tonight!"

 

"YAH! IM YOONA!"

 

******

 

"It's so nice to be back here after all these while..." I linked my arms around him and a broad grin spreaded across my face.

 

Yeahs, Jiyong and I, we're in America now.

 

After I had finished with the cases on my hand, Jiyong had speficially instructed Seungri and Seohyun (behind my back) to stop taking cases for me. He had booked the flight as well and had everthing planned nicely. The next thing I knew, I was on the flight to America.

 

"I know~ That's why I took things in my way. You need a breather, prosecutor Im~" He smiled, pulling me closer to him. "Things here doesn't seem to change much eh."

 

"Yeahs... Except for the fact that Reminisce is now back in Seoul, not here. I miss Wooyoung oppa's coffee already~" I leaned in to him, as we walked passed a café, which was used to be Wooyoung oppa and Taeyeon unnie's café.

 

"Well, we can always go back there now," he shrugged. "Macaroons?"

 

"Yes please!" I broke into a huge grin like a child does when he sees a lollipop.

 

"Alrights then! Stay here and don't run away alrights. I'm not going to let you go this time round. Never," he pinched my nose and broke away from me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter