Worry

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fortunately, bell rang just in time, cutting off the short but uncomfortable conversation I had with Youngbae. To say the truth, part of me knew that he had hit the right spot, but another part told me to not dwell on it, telling me that everything would be fine. I decided to believe in the latter. It's always easier to believe in something positive right?

 

Youngbae decided to drop the sensitive topic too as we made our way towards the Sophomores' classrooms, talking casually along the way. By the time we reached there, we saw the two familiar faces, already standing outside of the classroom, waiting for us. We looked at each other and smirked. Looks like a huge fight had occured between them during one of their lessons. Yuri was pouting away, arms folded across her chest, while Yoona? She was in her moodless mode, staring blankly at the plastered white walls.

 

"Hey. How's today so far?" I slid my hand around her waist as I pulled her in to take in her scent. It always acted like a tranquilizer to me, calming my haywired brain.

 

"Heys~" She snapped out of her own world and gave me a forced smile. "The usual~" We looked over to the side and saw Youngbae trying to pacify Yuri but instead got elbowed by her as she threw her tantrums. We couldn't help but laughed.

 

We walked to the school caféteria in a comfortable silence. I held her hand tightly as I took a quick peek at her. She had once again went into her moodless mode, her eyes seemed to be filled with worry and troubles. I was getting worried as minutes ticked by but knew better not to push her further.

 

"So... Care to tell us what happened?" We got ourselves comfortable in our usual spot and as the atmosphere began to turn frosty, Youngbae spoke up.

 

"Ask her." Yuri pouted and shot Yoona a glare.

 

"Babe?" I shook her arm a little, alerting her.

 

"E-Eh?" She blinked and gave us a tired smile. "It's nothing~ We just argued a little on our... erm... History project." She stuttered a little and I assumed that it was an utter lie.

 

"Yah! We didn't..."

 

"We did Yul ! You wanted to do on history of North Korea, but I wanted to do on China. That's why we argued. REMEMBER?" Yoona cut Yuri off and I caught her kicking her legs underneath the table.

 

"Aishhh~ Whatever. We did then." Yuri sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

 

"But we're fine now~ Right? We don't quarrel for more than an hour." Yoona gave us a wide grin as she wrapped her arms around Yuri's shoulder, leaning on her playfully.

 

"Yeah yeahs~" Yuri could only nod unconvincingly while rubbing her legs secretly. This confirmed my assumption.

 

"Oh... So, case closed I guess?" Me and Youngbae nodded at each other, believing in their words. Or at least we tried to.

 

After the clarification, Youngbae and Yuri went to buy our food while me and Yoona stayed behind. I saw Youngbae pulling Yuri into a corner instead of heading over to the food stalls. I figured out that the time is ripe now.

 

It was as though she could read my mind, because before I even opened my mouth to ask her what really happened, she beat me to it instead.

 

"Today you would stay behind in school for the tryouts of DJ-ing right?" She spoke up, diverting me from my thoughts.

 

"Yeahs... You would be there to cheer me on right?" I asked. Yupps. I had once again defied Dad's order and decided to join the school's DJ Club, to which he claimed it as irrelevant and ambition less. Ever since young, I felt that I was strongly attached to music and was musically-inclined. I have a deep passion for music and dance and that also explained why me and Youngbae are buddies. We have the same interest and whenever we got together, there's endless things we could talk about.

 

"Er... Just the opposite... I was thinking of heading back home after school..." She had her head down, refusing to meet my eyes.

 

"Mwuh? Are you not feeling well?" I frowned as I touched her forehead.

 

"Yeahs... I feel a little under the weather today. I want to go home earlier to take a rest..." She sighed.

 

"Ahhh. I'll send you home then." With absolutely no hesitation, I suggested on sending her home after school.

 

"Anniyo... You had been waiting for this opportunity for so long already. I don't want to see you giving it up because of me."

 

"Nothing matters more than you." I carcassed her face and looked her into the eye.

 

"Still, no~" She stucked her tongue out at me. "I'll be fine. I'm just a little lethargic. I'll be fine after a nap. At the very most, I promise you to take a cab instead of walking home? And, I'll meet you later at night, provided if..." Before she could finish her sentence, I shuddered. No. It couldn't be that...

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter