You're Back.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat in front of my desk, looking at the different piles of documents. Bom had arranged my messages the way I preferred - urgent ones written on green post-its, less pressing matters on yellow ones, lined up in neat columns like a double game of solitaire. One phone number caught my eye and I frowned, moving the green post-it to the yellow side instead. 'Your dad called 5 times!!!' Bom had written. On second thought, I ripped the post-it in half and sent it sailing into the trash.

 

I leaned back against the chair and pressed my thumbs into the balls of my eyes. Clearly I hadn't been getting enough sleep. How am I supposed to sleep when I'm wondering whether Yoona has ever woken up in someone's arms and for just a moment, before the sleep cleared from her mind, thought that maybe it was me?

 

Not even the slightest possibility. She had totally forgotten about who the hell I was, not to mention the past that we once shared. The last time we had contacted each other was when she needed help in arranging her mum's funeral. Perhaps, just like what I did, she had already sent the post-it that I had written for her into the trash. Yuri and Sooyeon did keep in contact with her though, but I would always miss the chance of seeing her. It's either I was too early, or that by the time I could join them for a meal, she had already left. Could we have used up all our fate? I don't even want to think about it.

 

"Wow. You look like ." Bom spat.

 

"Thanks and I beckoned that my ears are working so well that I couldn't hear the knock on the door."

 

"Oh please. Spare me that~" She gave me a huff of annoyance and rolled her eyes. "There would be a lawyer coming for an interview later. She has an interesting name."

 

"What? Mary Jane? Or Park Bom?" I mocked. "Come on. Cut the suspense and tell me already. I think I need a good laugh now."

 

"Her name is Im..."

 

"Kwon Jiyong."

 

. Out of all times, he must appear now.

 

******

 

We are all, I suppose, beholden to our parents - the question is, how much? This was what ran through my mind while Dad jabbered on. 

 

"Kwon Jiyong, are you listening to what I am saying?" 

 

"Yes Dad." I answered for the sake for answering.

 

"I'll take that as a no. Seriously, you really need to..." I shut off once again as he continued his speech. Ahhh. That Bom. A few moments after Dad stepped into the office, she had slipped out of the room already. So much for saying that she values loyalty.

 

Come to think of it, I wondered what could be so amusing about the interviewee's name. Hmmm. Bom had only said that her surname is Im. Such a coincidence. She actually bears the same surname as Yoona...

 

"Mr Kwon, the interviewee is here." Bom knocked on the door and informed me politely.

 

I threw a victorious smirk at her. This would be the only time that she's being polite to me. Other than that, screw it. "Dad, I got a interview to conduct now. Let's talk some other time." I stood up and adjusted my suit, signaling for him to leave. The interviewee came just in time. I couldn't wait to send him off. 

 

"Bring her in. I would like to see what's our future law consultant made of." Instead of leaving, he made himself comfortable on the couch and instructed Bom. 

 

Bom bit her lips and looked at me for help. I knew he wouldn't leave until he got what he wanted and hence, I gave her a nod of approval, asking her to bring the interviewee in.

 

"Yoona-sshi, you may come in now." Bom stood by the door and called out. 

 

Im Yoona? You're ing kidding me.

 

******

 

I swore the atmosphere could never be so cold. If you put a glass of water on the table, maybe you could get a block of ice in a record time of seconds. Yes, not five foot away, sat Im Yoona. The girl that I had been thinking and dreaming about. So this was why Bom said that the interviewee had an interesting name. Yeahs, interesting. Astounding in fact.

 

Dad looked Yoona over from head to toe, rating her on a general scale

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter