Her Lowest Low

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After arranging my schedule with Bom, I left for the hospital. By the time I reached there, it was already around noon. Glancing down one hallway after another, all I see were weary doctors, paramedics, small scatterings of dazed people sipping coffee and hoping for the best. Then, someone caught my eye. I walked towards her.

 

"A-Annyeonghaesaeyo..."

 

"E-Eh? Annyeonghaesaeyo. You're the guy that dropped by yesterday right?" She looked up and wiped away the tears in her eyes with the back of her hand quickly. When did we become so formal? I don't know and don't wish to know...

 

"Y-Yeahs... Sorry for leaving so abruptly yesterday. I-I have something to see to..." Yeahs. Something to see to. To find out what on earth is going on here.

 

"I-It's alrights..." With one look, I could tell that it was a forced smile. That was the smile she always wears whenever she is trying to act strong. "Er... You are..."

 

"Oh. My bad. I forgot to introduce myself. Kwon Jiyong." My heart wrenched as I extended my hand out. "You are..."

 

"Im Yoona." She took my hand and gave it a firm handshake. Her hand felt as smooth and soft as before... "Er..."

 

"Op-Opps! S-Sorry!" She cleared while darting her gaze on our hands. I withdrew my hand immediately. Damn it. Kwon Jiyong. You guys are just strangers now. Strangers.

 

"So... You know my mum?"

 

Duh. She was supposed to be my mother-in-law. "Yeahs. She's... She is... She is my mum's good friend. My mum is not feeling really well, so she asked me to pay her a visit on her behalf. My mum is Kim Hee Sun." 

 

"Oh. Sorry that I couldn't remember anything... I-I lost part of my memory when I was 18 you see." Though I had already knew about this, hearing it from her own mouth still made my heart bleed.

 

"It's fine... I heard from your mum yesterday. It must be hard for you too, living in a foreign country all by yourself."

 

"Yeahs... It was hard at first but I guess humans have a strong sense of adaptability? Or at least I have." She let out a soft chuckle but faded off as  abruptly as it had started.

 

"What's wrong? Why are you sitting here instead of going inside?" I noticed her solemn and worried expression.

 

"The doctor is inside... Umma coughed out blood once again..." Tears were threatening out from her eyes once again.

 

Before I could reply, the door was flung open and the doctor stepped out with a look of dejection on his face. We rushed towards him.  

 

"How's my mum?"

 

"I'm sorry... We did our best..." The doctor sighed. "You should go see her for the last time..."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter