The Turning Point

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After lazing around in the park for quite some time, we decided to head to the café that we usually frequent. It is a nice and cosy café that offers really delicious coffee and cakes. Most importantly, there was a macaroon specialty shop located at the opposite street. Hence, we would always have a cup of coffee at the café first and Jiyong would head over to the opposite street to get me a box of macaroons before we leave.

 

We stepped into the café with our fingers intertwined and was immediately hit by the aroma of vanilla essence and coffee beans. The familiar buzz of the coffee machines whirring was heard and the dim lighting provided a warm and welcoming feeling. We sat at our usual spot and a petite girl with her hair tied up neatly into a ponytail came walking towards us with a broad grin on her face.

 

"I thought you guys aren't dropping by today~" She smiled at us.

 

"How could we not! I miss Wooyoung Oppa's coffee and your mushroom pie of course~" I laughed as I waved to the barista behind the counter. 

 

Coincidentally, this café was owned by a pair of young Korean couple. They were born in Korea but lived in America for more than half of their life. Jung Wooyoung is the barista while his wife, Kim Taeyeon, tends the counter and also makes the shop's cakes and pastries. Both of them are friendly and nice people and me and Jiyong were glad to have met them in this foreign land.

 

"So, let me guess... The usuals I suppose?" Taeyeon Unnie smiled as she took out her notebook and pen, scribbling our orders down.

 

"No doubt." Ji Yong chuckled. "Taeyeonnie knows me the best~" He teased and that of course, earned him a gentle slap on his arm by Taeyeon Unnie. 

 

"Woo! He's hitting on me again!" Taeyeon Unnie laughed and pretended to whine to her husband.

 

In a minute, Wooyoung Oppa had came out from behind the counter, wrapping his arm around his wife's slender waist naturally. He punched his fist with Jiyong instinctively.

 

"You should seriously stop hitting on her before I missed this punch and it ended up on your face." Wooyoung Oppa joked.

 

"Says the person who only uses cups as weights for bodybuilding." Jiyong let out an amused laughter. Their friendship was special. They preferred to tease and mock at each other, instead of being all so polite and sweet. 

 

"Okays! Cease fire! Caramel Macchiato, Latte Macchiato and a mushroom pie would be right up!" Taeyeon Unnie laughed and pushed Wooyoung Oppa back into the counter.

 

Shortly, our orders were brought up and I took in the redolent of garlics in the mushroom pie.

 

"Tae, I have something to tell you guys~"

 

"What is it?"

 

"Well, look at this~" Jiyong held up my hand, revealing the ring that was sparkling brightly on my ring finger.

 

"O-Omo!! You guys are getting MARRIED?!!" Taeyeon Unnie squealed in disbelief as she looked at the ring on my finger. I nodded shyly and she pulled me in for a tight embrace. "Omo! CONGRATULATIONS!! WOO! COME HERE!! THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED!" She exclaimed excitedly, calling out for her husband.

 

"Wow. Congrats bro. You're the man~" Wooyoung Oppa pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter