Being Fooled.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I returned, Seunghyun was at the balcony, a glass of red wine in his hand as he stared out at the night scenery.

 

"Heys~" I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my chin on his broad shoulders.

 

"Heys," he replied and put down the wine glass that he was holding and pulled me into his embrace as we enjoyed the tranquil night together. "Beautiful night, isn't it?"

 

"Something happened during the day?" It wasn't a question. I knew there must be something wrong with him. It wasn't Seunghyun's style to be staring blank into the scenery. The lights weren't even on. "How did your meetup with Jiyong went?"

 

"That's precisely why I'm vexed..." He let out a deep sigh and broke away from the hug, heading for the bed. "You're not going to believe what I'm going to tell you."

 

"Try me then." I smirked and took his hands into mine as he poured out his thoughts and feelings...

 

"Omo! It's such a coincidence! You know him, he knows you and I know the both of you!" Yoona laughed as she pointed her finger at Seunghyun then at Jiyong and from Jiyong, back to Seunghyun.

 

"Wow. I still can't believe this." Seunghyun chuckled.

 

"You know what? I think we should have lunch together! We should talk about how we know each other. This is fate!" Yoona exclaimed excitedly. "Oppa, you're free right? Is Fany unnie back with you?"

 

"Yeahs. She is." Seunghyun took a glance at Jiyong and smirked. "Well, I'm pretty free. How about you, boss?"

 

"No matter how busy I am, I have to eat right? It's lunch time now." Jiyong shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Great! Consider it done! I would go make a reservation and we'll head there together. Sounds good?" Yoona gave the two guys a smile.

 

"Sure~" They nodded in agreement, watching Yoona leave the office in excitement and happiness.

 

******

 

"Jiyong ah," Seunghyun paused for a brief moment. "Is... Is that girl that you had been talking about for the past years... Her? Is the Im Yoona, this Im Yoona?"

 

Jiyong's expression turned from a joyous to a solemn and shocked one as he remained silent.

 

"I wish I had told you about her earlier..." After a long while, he let out a deep sigh. "Screw that mystery."

 

Both of them fell silent, each wrestling with their own thoughts.

 

"Let's go!" It wasn't until Yoona returned, did they break the silence.

 

"Come on, let's leave this to later." Seunghyun perked up as he wrapped his arms around Jiyong's shoulder. "It's been long since we catch up."

 

******

 

Even if there was a layer of awkward atmosphere lingering on the air, Yoona didn't realise it at all. She was enjoying lunch with two of her favourite guys, well, apart from her boyfriend of course. She was laughing and enjoying the food at the same time, totally oblivious that both Seunghyun and Jiyong were trying to keep their cool the whole time.

 

"So Oppa, when did you arrive?"

 

"Hmmm. A day ago. We wanted to give you guys a surprise, but you gave me a bigger one instead." Seunghyun smirked, trying to keep up with her energy level.

 

"Oh gosh! Did Soo come back too?! I bet Dae would be so happy to see you! He had been grumbling that Seungri alone is a bad company for him. He misses you." Yoona talked casually about Daesung, not caring about the presence of Jiyong.

 

"I know~" Seunghyun controlled his laughter upon seeing Jiyong's soured face. "I was planning to look for him after this. And yes, that wilful girl told me that she is going to let my eatery go bust. She's coming here to visit you." He tapped his watch. "I think she should be on the plane by now..."

 

"CHINJIA?!! OMO!! YES!!" Yoona's eyes went wide with happiness. "I MISS HER SO MUCH TOO!!"

 

"Mwuh? Hyung, why would your eatery go bust? Your dad is the king of F&...." Jiyong spoke up innocently.

 

"EH!?" Seunghyun gave him a kick on his shin to shut him up.

 

"The king of?" Yoona tilted her head in confusion at his remarks.

 

"Nahs. He's just exaggerating. I'm just a SMALL boss." Seunghyun chuckled nervously. "Didn't you say you want to visit the restroom just now? We're leaving you know."

 

"Chinjia?" Yoona seemed a little unconvinced but didn't pursue on. "Right! Give me a minute!" She excused herself from the two guys.

 

"A small boss? I didn't know the ENTIRE F&B industry is small to you~" Upon knowing that Yoona was out of hearing distance, Jiyong folded his arms across his chest and smirked at Seunghyun. 

 

"What?" Seunghyun gave him an annoyed glare.

 

Jiyong continued to stare at him, making him feel guilty and eventually, gave in.

 

"Alrights alrights! I just haven't let her know..." Seunghyun sighed and ruffled his hair. "I'm afraid of how she would perceive me. You know, rich kids like us aren't really fancied by those normal and pretty girls~"

 

"Are you trying to say that Fany and Yul are abnormal and aren't pretty?"

 

"Yah! Don't put words into my mouth!" Seunghyun hissed. "Man, you didn't change at all these years. Still the irritating Kwon Jiyong."

 

"You bet." Jiyong laughed. "Matters aside. So, judging from the conversation, her boyfriend, Kang Daesung, is...."

 

"Yes. He's the son of Kang Ji Hwan, the guy who went to America with me and Soo. Oh, he also happens to be the missing son of the top property tycoon in Korea." Seunghyun answered.

 

"Knew it." Jiyong nodded, not at all surprised or shocked. "He looked so familiar..."

 

"You met him already?!" Seunghyun almost spit out the water that he had drank.

 

"Apparently, he's a 24-hour devoted boyfriend too." Jiyong remarked with jealousy. "He would pick Yoona at 6.30pm sharp. Every single day."

 

"Wow. Is someone jealous here?" Seunghyun laughed. "Man, you missed your chance. You have no one to be blamed for."

 

"Hyung, in case you didn't notice, I'm hurt. Really hurt." Jiyong frowned and put his hand over his heart. "Talking about change. You're still that crude with your words."

 

"Just wanted you to face up to the reality." Seunghyun shrugged. "Because, up till now, using my years of experience in dating, Yoona and Daesung are in love."

 

"You only dated two girls in your entire life - Park Bom and Tiffany Hwang. Where did you gain all your experience from?" Jiyong stretched two of his fingers up and mocked at him.

 

"Yah!" Seunghyun gave a punch to his arm. "Anyway, both of you are like my brothers and you're both great guys. I don't want to see Yoona being torn apart because of this. Or any one of you. It pains me."

 

"Awww. Finally you're saying some human words~" Jiyong snickered but Seunghyun gave him a glare. "I know... That's why, I didn't plan on telling her anything. If you realise it by now that is." He sighed. "I'm taking everything slow. Her mum asked me to take good care of her. I ain't going to force her. It isn't going to work."

 

"Though I'm not really sure what had happened between you and her, it must be something that you can't control. Just take it easy." Seunghyun patted his friend's shoulder. "I got your back man."

 

"I know... I'll fill you in some other day. The story is way too long..." Jiyong nodded. "So, I beckoned that she is still clueless about her boyfriend's identity?"

 

"Yeahs..."

 

"Hmmm. Maybe I can use this to break them apart. This is my chance~"

 

"WHAT?!!"

 

"I was just joking!" Jiyong burst into laughters and held his hands up in defeat. "But then again, I think you shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter