Reminiscence.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Neh~ I'll wait for you in the café then," I answered over the phone and hung up.

 

It was a typical Saturday - a day where I had my leave, a day for my date.

 

After the camping trip, everything went on pretty smoothly. Jiyong oppa was admitted into the hospital and stayed for a day before he decided to sneak out. Nothing too serious about his wound but it could be fatal if he received treatment a few days later. He didn't seem to be bothered by it though. Daesung on the other hand was still the usual sweetheart and our relationship had been stronger than ever. In fact, I had been having dinner with his father pretty frequently now and he's always urging us to settle down soon. But oh well, we both think that we're still young and want to accomplish our wishes first before settling down to set up a family. However, recently, especially after Sooyoung had returned to America without a word, Daesung had been deep in his own thoughts. I didn't pursue further about this and neither was I bothered about this. I always knew that they shared an amazing bond anyway.

 

I stepped into the café that Daesung and I had planned to meet. Daesung said that he found a nice café recently. It serves mouth savouring pastries and the coffee is superb. Hence, we decided to have our date here but he was late due to a meeting with a client.

 

Reminiscence. The moment I stepped into the café, I was immediately hit by the aroma of vanilla essence and coffee beans. The familiar buzz of the coffee machines whirring was heard and the dim lighting provided a warm and welcoming feeling.

 

"Welcome to Reminiscence! Table for..."

 

A petite girl with her hair tied up neatly into a ponytail called out cheerfully but suddenly trailed off when she looked up, making eye contact with me.

 

"Table for two," I flattened the hem of my skirt nervously with her stares but greeted politely nonetheless.

 

"S-Sorry! Th-This way please..." The girl blinked and returned with a smile too, being embarrassed by her actions.

 

I followed her and I realised that the barista behind the counter was staring at me too. She brought me to the table at corner of the café and took out her notebook and pen.

 

"A Caramel Macchiato and a... Mushroom pie please," puzzling as it might be, even without looking at the menu, I knew exactly what to order. "Miss?"

 

"N-Neh! A caramel macchiato and a mushroom pie would be right up!" She snapped out of her thoughts again, scribbling down my order before scrambling away.

 

Why was she acting so weird? And... Reminiscence. Had I seen this café somewhere? Why did I find it so familiar? And most importantly, why did the order come so easily to me?

 

******

 

"Erm... Excuse me, but do we happen to know each other?" I couldn't contain my curiousity and decided to ask the girl when she returned with my orders. "I'm sorry if I couldn't recognise you. I suffered from amnesia you see..." 

 

The girl looked at me for a long while, her eyes beginning to well up.

 

"Yoona ah, don't you remember me at all? I'm Taeyeon unnie..."

 

******

 

I dragged my body out of the café, my mind in a whirl. There's just too much to take in. Way too much...

 

"Yoona ah, don't you remember me at all? I'm Taeyeon unnie..."

 

Her eyes leaked with sadness and I could tell that she was trying to stop her tears from falling.

 

"I'm sorry... I have no impression of you at all. Did we know each other after I turned 15?" I felt sorry about my amnesia once again.

 

"It's alrights, it's not your fault at all. Pardon me," she gave a smile, wiping away the tears formed at the corner of her eyes and took a seat besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter