Love at First Sight

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat at the usual spot with my haversack slung behind one of my arms. It's another school day and the start of my daily routine. I looked at my surroundings. Things didn't change at all. Adults rushing for work, students fooling and joking around while they're on their way to school, ajummas and ajussis coming out for their morning exercises... A smile crawled its way up to my cheeks. If it weren't for her, I guess I would never get to see such sight... It's a common sight for all middle-class family, but to me, this was a sight that I would never have imagined myself seeing it, let alone be involved in it.

 

It was another school year once again. The start of my Sophomore year. Not that I cared though, since my future had all been planned out for me, leaving me no choice but to follow. I walked into the school together with my close and perhaps only real friend, Youngbae as we were being welcomed by screams of cheerings and envy. Another thing on my list that I couldn't care less. You see, being one of the richmen sons earned you such treatment. Whatsmore, I'm the son of Kwon Sang Woo, the tycoon who always secures a place in the annual Top 10 best entrepreneurs in Korea and is constantly being interviewed by various press, ranging from local to even international like TIMES. In the eyes of others, he is the formidable business tycoon, Kwon Sang Woo. However, in the eyes of his son, he is just a monster. A cold-blooded monster that just want things to be done according to his wish and way.

 

My circle of friends, the school I attended, the co-curricular activities I took part in, all these were controlled by him. As for Youngbae, I had to thank god for letting him born with a silver spoon in his mouth. If not, I guessed I would never find such friend who could understand my pain and trouble. Simply because those rich spoilt brats, enjoyed being in the limelight. While us? We just want nothing more than a simple life. Enjoying a simple campus life, fooling around with a group of friends, or perhaps, getting into trouble once in a while to add on the colours of our campus life. Still, a dream is a dream.

 

Just as I was indulged in my thoughts, ignoring the continuous drone of voices behind me, I knocked onto something. Or someone to be exact. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down. Indeed, there were two girls picking up their books, with their heads hung low. Those boring etiquette lessons that I learnt from young weren't taught for nothing. I quickly bent down and gathered the books, handing back to them.

 

"K-Kamsahaminda..." The voice though sounded a little strained and worried, was nonetheless sweet.

 

"Oh. It's nothing. It's my fault anyway. I should have watched where I was going." I replied. Basic courtesy. Another thing that I had learnt before I even got familiarized with my 26 alphabetical order.

 

"S-See you..." The girl bowed and walked away quickly with her friend tagging along behind her.

 

"W-Wait!" I noticed a handkerchief on the floor and picked it up.

 

She turned back upon hearing my voice but as soon as her eyes met mine, she turned to the front again, quickening her pace, with her poor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter