The New Life

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't even know how on earth did I get here.

 

Here I am, sitting in the eatery that I had just mentioned about visiting it, not knowing whether did I pass my interview or not. Oh wait. Did I even finish the interview?

 

After he said that he was going to have lunch, he just ditched me in his office and went off, informing his secretary to call some unknown person. I mean, even if he didn't want to employ me, he should at least just tell me right? Why did he leave me hanging like this! Then, his secretary came into his room and asked me to follow her. I questioned her about the interview but just like her boss, she kept mum about it, just bringing me to a carpark and asked me to get on her car. Come to think of it, why did I even follow her here?!

 

After an hour long ride, the city was well behind us and we were welcomed by a suburban town. I wouldn't say that it's seluded and deserted. In fact, the atmosphere seemed to be quite uplifted and cheerful. We got off the car and I followed closely behind her as she walked into the eatery. I took a glimpse of the signboard, in case if I needed to make a police report if they were a bunch of kidnappers or con artists. Maybe I had watched too much dramas. To my surprise, the word 'Seoulz Beat' was written funkily across the signboard. I took out the flyer that was stuffed into my bag carelessly. Yupps. It was the exact eatery.

 

I was once again surprised when I stepped into the eatery and found him sitting by the bar, joking with someone, whom I assumed was the worker there, while munching on his burger. I felt like storming towards him and scold him right in the face for playing on me. If he didn't want to employ me, he could have just tell me straight in the face back at the firm right? Why did he go such a big round to ask his secretary to bring me here? Did he just want to humiliate me in front of everyone here? So much for having a good impression of him when I first saw him.

 

Given that I wasn't a good emotional controller, I did storm towards him and slammed my hand on the table, alerting both the worker and him. Both of them looked at each other before looking at me in shock. I bit my lips a little at their stares but nonetheless, showed the anger and frustration on my face. Slowly, the worker broke into a wide grin and burst into laughters.

 

"Oh gosh. Damn. You finally got yourself some real hot pepper." The worker continued to laugh as he wiped away the mirth that formed in the corner of his eyes.

 

"I know right? I had been like waiting for ages~" He remarked and shrugged his shoulders, totally ignoring my presence.

 

"Am I really that hilarious?" I could feel the anger boiling within me and I found myself scolding him. "If you don't intend on employing me, then don't! Why do you have to humiliate me like this?!"

 

Upon seeing my expression, both of them looked at each other and started bursting into another fit of laughters again. This caused me to feel even angrier and well, embarrassed. Am I really that hilarious? Why are they laughing at me in such a way! Just then, the secretary stepped in and stopped the commotion.

 

"Yah. Stop it you two! If not, you're really going to scare her away!" She elbowed his arm, earning a groan from him. She cleared and turned towards me, giving me a smile. "Do take a seat first Miss Im. I promise you that this is not a prank."

 

I nodded and finally took a seat beside him. Afterwhich, a menu was brought to me by the worker. He shone me a smile, which made me realise that this guy was actually rather or really handsome. He had his hair straight and dyed in a unique mint green colour. His frinch was kept short and styled up nicely. His face was stubble-free, given him a clean look. But most importantly, it was his pair of eyes that was charming. He had a pair of smoky eyes that seemed to be really mysterious and cool. If eyes could kill, his eyes would definitely be a lethal weapon.

 

"Oppa, I told you to stop flashing your killer gazes at people!" A shriek was heard and I immediately snapped out of my trance, feeling totally embarrassed by my reaction.

 

"Blame Appa and Umma for giving me a pair of smoky eyes. And besides, that's one pretty lady here. Your Oppa is straight here in case you don't know." He spoke up, letting out a deep chuckle. His voice was husky and y and his remarks made me blushed harder.

 

"Wait till Unnie hear this~" She rolled her eyes and pursed her lips.

 

That ended the conversation and I ordered my food. The food was brought to me rather quickly and I buried my face down to the food, hoping to finish it quickly and end this awkwardness. The three of them however, seemed to be in no hurry of leaving. They were chatting among themselves, giggling and laughing along the way, as though I wasn't there at all. When they didn't pay attention to me, I caught a quick glance at him and though I hated to admit, he actually looked appealing. Behind the thick clown make up, revealed a friendly and approachable face. I wouldn't say he's handsome compared to the worker, but there was something about him that attracted me more than that worker. I didn't know how to put it in words, but it's just, he gave off the comfortable vibe. If the worker's eyes could kill, then for him, it would be his smile. Whenever he smiles, I found my lips twitched up involuntary too. It was as though he had the ability to control my smiles. Oh, and his lips... It seemed so... Kissable. GOSH. WHAT AM I THINKING?!!

 

I shook my head to clear away the dirty thoughts on my min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter