Fate has its Way.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks passed and I'm beginning to adapt to life in Korea. Daesung respected my decision of staying in Korea and together, we made the necessary arrangements for our permanent stay. I didn't know he would actually agree and even offered to stay put with me. Thank god for Kang Daesung. He's such a sweetheart.

 

We contacted Seohyun and Seungri, informing them about our decision and well, Seungri agreed almost immediately. Seohyun on the other hand, was a little tricky. She confessed about her parents' situation and we had a three-hour long overseas call. She told me that she was convinced by me, but I think Seungri's words were the one who encouraged her in reality. Daesung had told me about his conversation with Seungri, talking about him comforting Seohyun. These two trainees... They're cute in their own ways. One thing for sure, they're definitely going to develop feelings with each other someday. Just like me and Daesung. The more you bicker with each other, the stronger the bond would be.

 

Daesung returned to States for a week to finalise everything while I stayed in Korea. By now, I don't know why, but I had been having blurry flashbacks and my headaches had been becoming more frequent. There would be times when I woke up in the middle of the night, breaking into cold sweats, only to realise that I was just having a nightmare. I had been dreaming about me getting knocked down by a car and someone was screaming my name. I couldn't make out the voice though.

 

If you're wondering if I'm still keeping in contact with Yuri, then yes, we're still in contact. After knowing that I would be returning to Korea for long, Yuri was over the moon. Even Sooyeon. Well, Sooyeon is a bright and cheerful girl and we hit off pretty well. Though she has the typical spoilt princess attitude, she's a kind and sweet girl by nature and I never fail to crack into laughters with her around. In no time, me, Yuri and Sooyeon became best of friends. I like this feeling; the feeling of friends and family around you.

 

One day, after the meetup with Yuri and Sooyeon, I decided to pay a visit to the hospital. I didn't want them to worry for me and hence I made up an excuse, saying that I would have to help Daesung arrange the documents while he was in States. They teased and joked around for a bit, but left me alone nonetheless. I took a cab to the hospital that Mum had stayed and went straight for the neurology department.

 

"Yoona?"

 

"Dr. Robinson?" I turned upon hearing my name. "Dr. Robinson! Why are you here!"

 

It was Dr. Robinson - my doctor in America. But, why was he doing here in Korea?

 

"Wow. Yoona! I thought I had mistaken you for someone else!" He hurried towards me and pulled me into a hug. "You had gotten prettier, my dear~"

 

"Ahh. You flattered me Robinson!" I laughed. Truth was, Dr. Robinson was like my dad. He treated me with utmost care ever since the day I knew I had amnesia. Not only did he cure me physically, he was my listening ear. Whenever I had troubles, I would turn to him and he would forever be there. "So, what brings you here?"

 

"For once, I want to change a taste of preference from potatoes to kimchi." He let out a heart laugh. "Come on, let's talk inside." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we went to his office.

 

******

 

"I'm so sorry about this, Yoona~"

 

It turned out that he was on a research trip and would be staying here for a couple of months. We updated on each other's life and I told him about Mum's death.

 

"You're just as clueless as me, Robinson." I gave him a warm smile.

 

"Ahhh. Come here, let me give you a hug." He opened his arms and folded me into his embrace. This is why I said that he's like a father to me. He's always there, be it on joyous or sad occasions.

 

We had a little catchup moment on our own before I settled down in the seat, telling him about my situation and the headaches I had been experiencing.

 

"Hmmm. You're still having snapshots of the past?" He peered through his glasses as he examined my report.

 

"Yeahs... It had become more frequent since I returned to Korea. For example, I would go to a certain place and suddenly, snapshots flew across my eyes. It was as though I had been to that place before, when the fact was that, I had no recollection at all." I shrugged and sighed. "This is so baffling seriously!"

 

"Of course not! Didn't I tell you before that you would be remembering about your past sooner or later?"

 

"I know... But, all I see was just shadows! And some unknown voices. It was like there's someone who kept calling my name and there was a force that pull us so close, but yet, I couldn't see him. Or her. This is just so irritating." I rolled my eyes.

 

"Ahhh. All you need is patience, my dear." He smiled and patted my hands gently. "You would get back your memory, if your willpower is strong enough. Sometimes, there would be instances whereby we're pushed or guided by our subconscious mind and we're unaware of it. Perhaps, before your accident, you met some traumatising accident and now, subconsciously, you didn't want to face your past."

 

"What else could be worse than me being abused by that monster, Robinson?" I cooed and ran my fingers through my hair.

 

"Yoona." He frowned and furrowed his brows at me. He detested when I talked about my ual abuse so casually.

 

"Okay okay. I'm at fault." I let loose a chuckle, trying to clear away the frosty atmosphere. "So, when are you going to let me know?"

 

"Pardon?" True enough, it managed to divert his attention. His frustrated face was twisted into a puzzling one.

 

"My blood donor." I folded my arms across my chest and pursed my lips. "I had been asking you for the past five years!"

 

"A-Ahh..." All of a sudden, he became really nervous. He had an uneasy gaze and avoided making eye contact with me. "You know yourself. I have the right to protect my patients' privacy."

 

"And I have the right to know too." I frowned. "Is the person a guy or a girl?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter