Childhood Memories

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow. I still can't believe this." I shook my head and chuckled as I darted my gaze from Yoona to Jiyong and back to Yoona again.

 

Jiyong and I are childhood friends, I knew Yoona through Daesung and Jiyong, Yoona were actually schoolmates so he knew her much before me and now, Yoona is working for Jiyong. No matter how vast the Earth is, it is still a globe. It's like... all linked.

 

I knew both Jiyong and Youngbae when I was fourteen, before I went to America. How did we meet? Well, just like him and Youngbae, we met due to our fathers. Well, my dad is also a businessman. Choi Dong Joon. Does this name ring a bell to you? Yupps. He was crowned the 'King of F&B industry' in Korea, and now, still is. In every little corner of Korea, there would be an eatery or foodcourt opened by Choi Enterprise.

 

Unlike him and Youngbae, me and Jiyong hit off the moment we met. We had the same interest - Rap and Hip-Hop Music. Of course, this was enhanced by the fact that I weren't the normal rich kids. I was just like them; I wanted nothing more than a peaceful and humble life. Hence, whenever the three of us are out on the streets, you can't really tell that we're actually the heirs to the top 3 enterprises in Korea.

 

Actually, I weren't exactly the rightful heir. Just like Jiyong, I had an elder sibling. Had. Choi Dongwook - A handsome, charismatic young man who held high aspiration. Whenever I stand beside him, I felt inferior. He's better at everything compared to me. Looks, brains, charisma, personalities, you name it, he has it. However, when he was twenty, he was kidnapped. Dad used to be a prideful man, not fearing to show off his wealth and status to all and hence, this brought us dangers. The kidnappers demanded a ransom, but they still decided to kill Dongwook Hyung even after receiving the ransom. Investigations eventually took place and it turned out that they weren't after money at all. They were after his life. They were the former employees of Choi Enterprise, being fired after they had committed only a slight mistake. Brutal wasn't it?

 

Anyway, Dongwook Hyung's death affected Dad badly. You see, Dongwook Hyung was his beloved son. He doted him the most and strongly believed that he would make a good successor for his business. The thought of losing him was just too... unbearable. It went the same for me. I lost a good brother, a good pal. Mum even fell gravely ill because of this news and was bed-ridden for months. Things only became better when Tiffany came into the picture.

 

Tiffany Hwang. I met Tiffany when I was fifteen, after Dongwook Hyung's death. She was the new transfer student in my school and happened to be in the same club that I was in. Well, not really the same but in my school, Symphony Band and DJ-Club was known to be associates and friends. I first met her when she was in the midst of practicing for the concert. Though she was two years younger than me, she did not seem so. The way she acted, the way she played the flute, it was... Mesmerizing. Looking at her, I felt my heart fluttered and the pain of losing my beloved brother was lessened by her soothing music.

 

From then on, I would sneak into the band room, taking a peek at her and also to enjoy her music. I was there so often that even the teacher-in-charge asked and teased me, stating that she was going to poach me over from DJ-Club soon. But one point to note, even though I was there often, we had never once interact before. If our eyes met, she would only give a slight nod of acknowledgement and resumed with her practice. She was that quiet, that reserved.

 

Then one day, just like the usual, I went into the band room. However, she was not in. I was disappointed and depressed. Looking at her and listening to her music had became a part of my life already. I had fallen for this stranger.

 

"Looking for someone?" Just when I was about to give up and leave the band room in despair, someone called out.

 

There she stood, arms folded and giving me a smile. I didn't know that she had such a sweet voice and most importantly, I didn't know that someone's smile could be that alluring, that beautiful.

 

"Ohs," A smile immediately spreaded across my face as I put both my hands in my pocket and shrugged. "I was just looking for my girlfriend."

 

"Is this so?" A playful smile threatened its way up her face but she kept her composure. "May I know what section she is from?"

 

"Woodwind," I smirked. "Someone by the name of Tiffany Hwang."

 

"Oh, she's looking for you as well."

 

It turned out that she too, had the mutual feeling for me. Since I wasn't making any move, she figured out that she should try her luck and guess what?

 

It's a jackpot.

 

******

 

We started seeing each other from then on. I got to know more about her and this made me fell deeper in love with her. She wasn't the quiet, reserved girl that I had thought of. In fact, she was the exact opposite. She was a cheerful, open-minded and outspoken girl. It was only a few weeks after we had officially started going out, but I had decided to bring her home to see Dad and Mum. Even though I was only fifteen, I was certain that she was the one. Jiyong and Youngbae had met her too, and they were all for my idea. They were happy and yet at the same time, jealous of me.

 

Luckily for me, after the accident, Dad was no longer as controlling and demanding. Tiffany's cheerful personalities had brightened up Mum's life, causing her to make a speedy recovery and her understanding personality made her a good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter