The Tiff

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed and I had long forgotten about the America learning trip that Mr Kim discussed with us the other day. Neither Yuri nor the Oppas brought this up as well. Probably because Yuri told them about it. Hence, it took me by surprise when Mr Kim announced the result for the trip.

 

"As you all have known, the competition for this America History Trip is very competitive. After much discussion among the teachers and the board of directors, we had finally made a decision. For our  class, we're honoured to have one lucky student being chosen for this trip. The person is none other than..."

 

Initially, I wasn't paying attention because I knew it would definitely not be me. Hence, I was reading my own book and suddenly, I felt all eyes were on me. I looked up and tilted my head in confusion.

 

"Yoona! Chukahae!" Everyone started applausing for me.

 

I looked over at Yuri who stuck out her tongue at me and finally, the truth dawned on me. She had submitted my particulars and results without my consent, and Jiyong and Youngbae Oppa were in cahoots with her. I flashed a glare at her before standing up, forcing a smile as I walked towards Mr Kim and shook his hand, taking over the air ticket from him. Great. I'm leaving for America in just 3 days time.

 

"Yah. Are you trying to kill me?!" I shouted in exasperation the moment we were alone in the toilet.

 

"I'm just listening to your heart instead of your mind. Your heart told me that she wants to go." She spoke as a matter-of-fact tone.

 

"No, she didn't. Look Yul, I'm going to find Mr Kim now and explain the truth to him. This is not going to happen. I really can't leave my mum alone here with that monster."

 

"But Yoong, have you thought of Jiyong Oppa? I received a text from Youngbae. Jiyong Oppa was selected to join this trip as well..." Her sentence caused me to freeze right at the door.

 

"He will understand..." I sighed as I made my way out, heading towards the staff office.

 

"YOONA AH! WAIT!" Yuri chased me from behind and bumped onto me because I had once again, froze in my step. "Mwuh?" She ruffled her hair and looked at my direction. She too, froze.

 

There were two men standing in front of us, wearing a pair of shades and a stoic expression on their faces. They were dressed in black suits and their well-built muscles intimidated us. Both of us knew who these two men were. Kwon's bodyguards.

 

"Im Yoona-sshi, Mr Kwon would like to have a word with you." One of them spoke up, extending his arms towards me. Mr Kwon... He couldn't be refering to Ji Yong. This meant....

 

"O-Okays... I'll leave with you..." My voice came out taut, as I plastered on a smile. "Yul, I'll see you afterwards okays? I'll be fine. Don't worry. And, don't alert Jiyong." I patted her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

 

Her face by now had turned pale. She must have known that it was Jiyong's dad who was looking for me. Guess like the time that we had been waiting for anxiously, came after all... I gave her a hug and patted her back, reassuring her that I would be fine. She nodded and broke away from me, before watching me leave with the bodyguards.

 

******

 

I couldn't really remember what happened throughout the entire conversation because I was in too much fear. Once I had left Yuri and went with the bodyguards, I was brought to a seluded area and there, sat a middle-aged man.

 

"An-Annyeonghaesaeyo..." I bowed and greeted him immediately. The press had been right after all. Kwon Sang Woo is an intimidating man. 

 

"Oh. Relax a little, Miss Im. I'm not that scary, am I?" He put down his cup of coffee and looked me straight into the eyes. His smile sent chills down my spine. "Do take a seat."

 

I obliged and sat down.

 

"I should not waste your precious time and go straight to the point." He continued as I nodded my head. "I've heard that you were selected for your school history trip?"

 

"Yes, Sir..." I replied softly, fearing that even my slight comment would spark him off.

 

"And I suppose my son would be going along with you?" He asked politely, but through the words seeped a concentrated darkness that frightened me.

 

"Yes, sir..." I stopped briefly before continuing. "But don't you worry sir, I would not be going..."

 

"I expected so. You see, I did a little check up on your family..." So here comes the main point.

 

"Neh.. So don't worry. I don't think Jiyong would be going already..."

 

"And the reason is?"

 

I shuddered upon his question. Did that mean that he is still clueless about my relationship with Ji Yong?

 

"Pardon me, sir. I-I don't quite get what you mean..." To prevent any misunderstandings, I decided to act ignorant.

 

"Oh, you should know what I'm talking about. Of course it's about your relationship with my son! I believe you're a smart young lady, Miss Im." He stifled a laugh and shook his head in disbelief.

 

"Yes... I'm with Jiyong..." I admitted, tears threatening to fall down. I knew this day was going to come. He's going to tear us apart.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter