The Decision

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Omo... Why are you crying?" I cupped his face as I wiped his tears away.

 

"Aren't you doing the same too?" He smiled as he did the same to me. "I'm sorry. I really am. I'm the biggest in the entire world by quarrelling with you just now. I-I really can't afford to lose you, Yoong..." He pulled me into a hug again.

 

"I'm sorry too... I should have been more understanding..." I rested my cheek on his back, closing my eyes. It hadn't been long after we argued, but to me, it felt like eternity. I realised that he really meant alot to me. Much more than I had imagined. "Why are you all drenched?"

 

"I was looking all around for you... I tried calling you millionth of times but it had all been diverted to voicemails... Your mum said that you're not home yet and Yul said that you weren't with her too. I went to our usual hang out places and still couldn't find you. I was going crazy..." He sat me down and pulled a chair to sit beside me.

 

"Oh... My battery is dead..." I fished out my phone and realised that it was flat already. "You should have brought along an umbrella at least before you rushed out! You could have caught a cold." I pouted at how impulsive he would be when it came down to issues regarding me.

 

"For your information, you're drenched too, Miss Im." He smirked. "Anyway, matters aside. I quarrelled with Dad right after our argument. I went home and lashed it out on him." He paused and looked at my reaction. Seeing that I was pouting away, he continued on. "I know I'm implusive and rude but before you give your verdict, you need to hear me out okays! At least give the defendant a chance to speak for himself."

 

"Defendant please speak then." I chuckled at his panicky actions.

 

"Well, as usual, he told me that you weren't the right one for me and I told him that I would never give you up. Neither would I let him harm you. After which, I stormed out of the room. I calmed myself down and I recalled what happen to BoA Noona and Yunho Hyung... BoA Noona once told me to be brave when I met the person I truly love. I realised that you're the one, Yoona. I couldn't and wouldn't let you end up like Yunho Hyung. I know it was foolish and demanding for me to ask you to make a choice between me and your mum. If I love you, I would respect your decision. So, I ran all the way here, to let you know my decision... I..."

 

"Stop." I listened intently to each and every word as my tears welled up. He had been thinking as much as I had within the past few hours. "After quarrelling with you, my mood was really bad... Even the weather wasn't helping much. Rain began to fall, intensifying into a heavy downpour. I stood under the rain for quite a while, hoping to clear up my thoughts. I was angry at you. Angry at you for forcing me to make such a decision. But as I stood longer and realised that you didn't come back for me like you always did in the past when we quarrelled, I began to panic. All the memories that we shared, came pouring into my mind. At that instant, everything became clear to me. You're right. Nothing else matters when we're in love... You mean so much to me... W-Without you, I would never be able to walk out of the past... You are part of the little light in my dark world. No, in fact, you play a huge part of it. I felt so foolish quarrelling with you over such a matter... I know deep in my heart, I can never afford to lose you.. It's just that I had been so stubborn and acting so strong when I'm nothing of those sorts..." My tears began to fall, like the raindrops on the windowpanes.

 

"Oh god. Don't cry! You're killing me on the insides." He pouted as he wiped away my tears with his thumb. "You're not foolish, Yoong. I should understand how much your mum means to you and..."

 

"No. Listen to me first..." I continued on as tears rained. "I love you, Ji. You're always the brave one in our relationship, fighting on to keep our relationship going. You even stood up against your dad. Just for me. So, this time, I want to be courageous too... For our future, for our love. I'm willing to give it a try. Let's..Let's go to America..."

 

"R-Really?" He seemed to be taken aback by my sudden decision. "You know I'm fine right? It's really alrights if we don't go to America."

 

"No. I had thought about it. Yul is right. This is going to be beneficial to my studies as well. Perhaps, changing the environment for awhile will help in calming me down, letting me forget about the haunting past. Besides, it's only for two years. It's not as if we're going to stay there forever." I smiled at him.

 

"Ahhh. How could someone be crying and smiling at the same time? You look ugly, girl." He chuckled as he continued to wipe my tears away. "So,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter