Status Quo.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoona? Yoona..."

 

I opened my eyes slowly seeing Tiffany unnie's face becoming clearer.

 

"Thank god you're awake!" She heaved a sigh of relief as she helped me up. "Are you feeling uncomfortable at anywhere?"

 

"What happened unnie?" I sat up and took the glass of water that she poured for me.

 

"You couldn't remember? You got involved in an car accident at a nearby café..."

 

Right. Car accident.

 

Jiyong...

 

Daesung.

 

"Whe-Where's Daesung now?"

 

I saw Tiffany unnie's expression turned into a worried and solemn one as she remained silent.

 

"Unnie? He's fine, right?" I could feel my body shivering all of a sudden.

 

"Look Yoong, you got to calm down first alrights? You got some superficial wounds too."

 

"Unnie, just tell me. I would be fine..." I clenched my fist tight, trying to stop them from trembling.

 

"Dae happened to see you on the road and before the car could knock you down, he pushed you away. But he wasn't able to dodge it himself. So..."

 

"So?"

 

"So he got hit... And t-"

 

"HE GOT HIT?! IS HE ALRIGHT?!!" I got agitated and worried all over again.

 

"Relax Yoona! He's fine!" She held me down, trying to calm me. "But..."

 

I always hated this word.

 

"The doctor said that his head has a slight concussion and the blood clot is covering one of his nerves and..."

 

There was a dead silent while I waited for her to continue.

 

"His eyesight is being affected..."

 

"That means..."

 

"That means he's bl-"

 

I ran out of the ward before she could even finish her sentence.

 

******

 

"Daesung!"

 

"Yoona,"

 

I pushed open the door just to find Daesung lying unconciously on the bed while Seunghyun oppa was sitting beside her, a look of worry. I walked towards him slowly and Seunghyun oppa stood aside, letting me hold his hands.

 

I placed his warm hands on my cheeks and seconds later, my tears trickled down. I had caused him so much harm.

 

He definitely don't deserve all these. He deserves so much more.

 

"He would be fine. He's always strong and optimistic," Seunghyun oppa patted my shoulders lightly and I couldn't help but bury my face into his chest, crying my hearts out. It's definitely going to be a tough one - breaking the news to him later.

 

******

 

"Da-Daesung..." I touched his face gently as his eyelids twitched.

 

"Y-Yoona... A-Are you alrights?!" He opened his eyes and the first thing he did was to touch my face.

 

"N-Neh, of course I'm fine. Pabo, why did you ran out? It's so dangerous!" I fought back another wave of tears as I tried to sound cheerful, feeling the warmth of his palm against my cheeks.

 

"As long as you're fine," he gave a wide smile. "It's night already? Why didn't you on the lights?"

 

There was a dead silence as Seunghyun oppa, Tiffany unnie and I exchanged worried glances.

 

"Dae, actually, the lights are on..." After a while, Seunghyun oppa let out an almost inaudible whisper.

 

Another dead silence was met as we waited for his response.

 

"Ha! You're joking right! Quit the joke hyung!" Daesung let out a hearty chuckle, not believing Seunghyun oppa's words at all.

 

Another dead silence.

 

"Daesung, the doctor says that this is only temporarily. You'll ge-" I tried to speak up, biting my lips hard to prevent myself from choking up.

 

"I need some time alone," he cut me off.

 

"Daesung ah..."

 

"Please," his tone was cold and monotonous.

 

"We'll be outside if you need us," Seunghyun oppa pulled me away and answered solemnly.

 

The door closed slowly behind us, and I saw his dejected backview...

 

******

 

A week had passed and I wouldn't say that things are bad. In fact, it's better than I had imagined. Initially, Daesung was dejected. He was in a slump and he was always in a fiery temper. I didn't blame him and continued to care for him even though he tried to push me away for million of times. However, I couldn't take it anymore and I shouted back at him. I hated to see him in a slump. This was only temporary and I didn't want him to give up on his life just like that. Simply enough, all the argument and sadness ended with my tears and his strong pair of arms that wrapped around me tightly, apologising profusely to me.

 

I had been taking care of him, applying leave from my work. Somehow, I felt that this is the best way. I know it's avoidance, but, meeting Jiyong oppa just isn't the best timing now. I visited Dr. Robinson regarding my issue and it was confirmed that my memories are back. It would be overwhelming at first, he said, but I would learn to cope with it. I guess that I would still be under the coping stage; I still couldn't believe that all these while, Jiyong oppa is the love of my life. It's amus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter