The Forgotten Love

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I heard a constant beeping sound that was disturbing my peaceful sleep. I thought it was my alarm and wanted to off it. I attempted to stretch my arms out, only to find that my muscles were aching and even my face felt sore and stiff. I felt like I couldn't control my limbs too, but I could hear and feel my heart beating in my ears. I slowly lifted my heavy eyelids as the strong smell of anti-bacterial cleaner filled my nose. I was lying down, in a bed it seemed, and the room was bright. Light from the window was reflecting off the white walls, making me want to close my eyes again. I felt like I had slept for years, but I was still tired. I slowly turned my head towards the source of the beeping sounds and saw Mum sitting in a chair by the window, soundly asleep.

 

"M-Mum..." My mouth was dry and I struggled to speak up.

 

Immediately, her eyes flung open and she was in total shock. Seeing me staring back at her, her tears began to stream down her face as she shouted, "DOCTOR!! SHE'S AWAKE!!!"

 

I felt really tired and decided to close my eyes once again. Just a few more hours of sleep and I would be fine~

 

******

 

After a while, the rushing of footsteps could be heard. I had no choice but to wake up again, giving a groggy and grumpy face. There was a man wearing a white robe, whom I later presumed as the doctor, examining me. He shone a torch on my eyes and instructed me to move my eyes according to the direction he was pointing. I did what I was told and repeated that a few more times.

 

"Do you know who you are, Miss?" He spoke up and began to scribble on a board.

 

I found the question to be ridiculous and couldn't help but chuckled. Why is everyone acting so weird? "Im Yoona."

 

"Sweet. Now, do you know where you're now?" He gave a warm smile as he nodded and continued to scribble on his paper.

 

"Seeing the nurses and facilities, I inferred that I'm in the hospital?" I tilted my head and asked in curiousity. "Aren't I suppose to be in school now? Did I meet an accident?"

 

"Do you not recall anything that had happened to you? The reason why you're here?" His expression was now solemn and his brows furrowed in dissatisfaction.

 

"No? Is there something that I'm suppose to know?" I was horrified by his reaction. Even Mum wore a worried expression on her face. What's exactly wrong with me?

 

******

 

After the short conversation with the doctor, he assured me that I was all well and fine but asked Mum to step aside so that they could talk. I obliged and was left alone in the ward. I looked around the ward and realised that I wasn't in a local hospital. Everything was written in English and I was dumbfounded when I caught a glimpse of the calendar that was hanging on the white-washed wall. It stated, '2012'. Did I travel to the future?

 

I was so overwhelmed that I started to scream. This alerted Mum and the doctor as they came rushing in. Mum pulled me into a hug, trying to soothe me as I wailed like a lost child. This is not happening to me...

 

After calming myself down, the doctor began to explain things to me. So apparently, I wasn't in some time travel machine, teleporting to the future. I was in fact in the year 2012. I ain't 15, I am 18 now. I had met an accident and had been in coma for a full three months already. The doctor assured me once more, telling me that it is common for coma patients to experience temporary memory loss after they are awake from their deep sleep. My memory will slowly get back to me after some time. After a series of tests, it was concluded that my memory had stopped at the age of 15, thus explaining my ignorance to whatever things that had happened after that.

 

It took me awhile to adjust to this fact but I guessed I coped it rather well. I continued to recuperate in the hospital and Mum accompanied me every single day. I missed Yuri so much but Mum had told me that we're in America now while Yuri is still in Korea. She told me that she had sent me to America to further my studies but had received a news about my accident shortly after. I took it in my stride and believed whatever she had told me. She was the only person that I could trust now. I wanted to contact Yuri but Mum said that Yuri is now a busy girl in Korea and wouldn't have time for me. I doubted that because me and Yuri had been best of friends ever since young. We couldn't be losing contact, even if we are in different countries now. However, I didn't push further because I thought she was spea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter