Satisfaction

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This was the ring that I used for my wedding proposal..." He closed his fingers around the ring.

 

"W-Was? Why..." For no apparent reason, I found myself stuttering. I began to regret my decision and wanted to ask him to stop talking but I couldn't. Words couldn't find their way to my lips.

 

"Before I became the chairman of Kwon Enterprise, before I became a puppet of Kwon Sang Woo and way before I even met you, I met the most amazing girl on earth..." A tired smile fought its way up his face as his story began to unfold in front of me...

 

It was a tired one, but it was a smile that I had never seen before when I was with him...

 

******

 

"Tell me... Is that girl Yoo..." It was only till then, did I realise that my face was covered in tears.

 

"Yes. It's her." He interrupted and clenched his fist around the ring once again, eyes going dull as gold. "But she doesn't even remember me now..."

 

I always thought that I'm a blessed girl, and now, still do. I was born with a golden spoon in my mouth - Money, hardships, hungers and poverty were never in my dictionary. I had the mentality that I was geniunely happy. Until I met Jiyong Oppa and gang. That was when I found out what true happiness really is. It has nothing to do with money, nor has it got to do with fame and status. Yuri and Youngbae Oppa; the couple that I envious the most. Yuri, though being born in a middle-income family, was never a lose out compared to me. She is beautiful, smart and most importantly, independent. Youngbae Oppa loves her for who she is and she loves him just for the way he behaves. There's no monetary terms between them.

 

As for my relationship, to be honest with you, I knew it wasn't a normal one from the beginning. Jiyong Oppa, unlike Youngbae Oppa, totally treated me like a parasite. He couldn't wait to get rid of me, couldn't wait to shake me off his feet. That's why I found interest in him. No one had ever dared to do that to me. From the three of them, I found out something - I'm not Princess Jung, I'm just me, Jung Sooyeon. Because of that, I clung onto Jiyong Oppa more, fearing that he would leave me one day. Hence, even if I know that he doesn't have the feeling I have for him, it's fine. As long as he stayed near me, let me depend on him.

 

"Sooyeon?" Jiyong Oppa's voice rang.

 

Now, I realise, how selfish I had been.

 

"Oppa, you're an idiot."

 

"Pardon?"

 

"I say, you're an idiot."

 

"I heard that loud and clear. But why are you saying that?"

 

"Because you shouldn't even have let her go in the first place."

 

Im Yoona. This name doesn't ring a bell to me, nor does it sound pleasing to me. However, I found this name remotely comforting and seeing the owner, makes me feel jealous for no reason. When I met her just now, I was immediately struck by her beauty. Her large doe-eyes, her long, slim legs, her wavy, silky brown hair, everything about her, from head to toe, made me feel inferior. And well, seeing how Jiyong Oppa acted around her, gave an adverse effect too.

 

"If you were me, I'm sure you would have done the same thing." He reasoned out.

 

"Nopes. If I were you, I would have fought for it. Even if it involves taking away my life."

 

"What if it was her life being taken away instead?"

 

Being a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter