Fated or Unfated?

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Y-Y-Yoona..." Yuri let out an almost inaudible stammer and her trembling finger pointed out to a direction.

 

I looked at where she was pointing and was just as stunned as she was. Or more rather, I was speechless. Was this a hallucination? A hallucination that signalled that we miss her too much?

 

"O-Omo! YURI?!!!" Guess not.

 

She walked towards us and with absolutely no promptings, she threw her arms around Yuri. It took her awhile to actually react back and when she did, tears fell from her face. Be it due to joy or shock. Yoona too, cried as she tightened her hug. I just stood there with my hands in my pocket, not knowing what to do. Why does it feel so awkward now?

 

They hugged for awhile and finally settled down in our table. That was when I caught sight of the guy. The guy that had been beside Yoona for the entire time. But before I could think and infer deeper, I was interrupted by their conversation.

 

"I suppose this is your... boyfriend?"

 

What?

 

"M-Mwuh? Yo-You don't remember HIM?" We were met with yet another shock.

 

"Omo. Am I suppose to know you?" We thought that she was just joking, but she sounded genuinely guilty. "Oh gosh. You must have appeared when I'm 16 years old right?" She sighed.

 

I could only nod.

 

"Oh gosh. I'm sorry!" She cried. "I guess, Umma didn't tell you guys anything?" 

 

Me and Yuri looked at each other and shook our heads.

 

"Right." She let out another sigh once again. "I lost my memory... I woke up from my three months sleep and realised that I'm 18 instead of 15. Apparently, I met a car accident in America and lost all the memories that I have. To be exact, my memory stopped at 15, and the subsequent two years were a total mystery to me." She continued her explainations. "Umma wanted me to continue my studies there and so, I graduated with a law degree and started working under a law firm."

 

We looked at each other once again and could only gaped. We didn't know how to respond.

 

Okays. So let's set a few facts straight.

 

One, Yoona had lost her memory. More specifically, her memories after she hits 15.

Two, Yoona had totally no clues about who I am, since I appeared in her life after 15.

Three, Yoona had forgotten about Jiyong too. Oh, and of course, their relationship.

Four, Yoona is a certified prosecutor now, working in a law firm.

Five, Yoona is with a guy.

Six, that guy is her boyfriend.

 

Great. Just great.

 

"So... Mind doing a little introduction for this amnesia patient?" Yoona cleared awkwardly and tried to crack a joke.

 

"O-Oh. Dong Youngbae immida. I'm your senior by a year and yeahs, I'm Yul's boyfriend." I tried to sound as friendly as possible, trying my best not to freak out in front of her. There is just too much for me to take in right now.

 

"Oh I see... Yul, you're lucky. He's a nice guy." She smiled. "Hmmm... So, it's a 8 years relationship already I suppose?"

 

"Wow. How do you know that he's a nice guy?" Yuri was instead amazed by her answers.

 

"Hmmm. Not too sure. He just gave me a comfortable feeling. Maybe it's because we had met before? Even after so many years, I still couldn't quite get this whole memory-loss thing. Sometimes, flashbacks just appear in my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter