Great Plan.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yubbosaeyo?"

 

"Kwon young master!" A panic voice rang from the other end and immediately, I knew it belonged to Jung's butler.

 

"Calm down Butler Lee, what happen? Did something happen to Sooyeon?"

 

Come to think of it, I hadn't heard from her for a few days already. I had been too busy with work and preoccupied in thinking about Yoona whenever I have the time.

 

"N-Neh! Sh-She isn't eating and she had been coping in her room! I-I'm worried that something would happen to her if this goes on!"

 

So this explained her absence for the past few days. This also explained why Dad had insisted the engagement party to be the end of this month.

 

"I'll be there in a minute. Wait for me,"

 

******

 

"Young mistress! Kwon young master is here! Please open the door!" Butler Lee brought me to her room and continued to pound on the door repeatedly, only to receive a piece of silence.

 

"Sooyeon ah, it's me, Jiyong oppa. Open up, we can talk." I tried this time, giving my authoritative tone.

 

Still, it was a dead silence.

 

"Yah Jung Sooyeon! If you're not going to open up, I'm going to knock the door down!" I pounded harder on the door this time round, getting worried that she would end up like Boa.

 

"Yah! Jung S-"

 

Before I could finish my sentence, the sound of the door unlocking was heard. Butler Lee and I looked at each other and heaved a sigh of relief. With a nod from me, Butler Lee went down the stairs and disappeared into the kitchen. I adjusted my jacket and went into the room.

 

It broke my heart to see her in such a state.

 

The room was dimly lit and I could see that her upper body kept spasming and I wondered what went wrong. As I came closer, I barely heard soft whimpering sounds. She buried her face in her knees and when she looked up, her face was glistening with freshly shed tears.

 

"O-Oppa..." She spoke up, barely a whisper.

 

I sighed and pulled her into my chest. She cried harder, wetting my shirt. I her hair gently, trying to whisper some comforting words to her.

 

"Now, tell me what happen," I rested my hands on her shoulders, eyes fixated on her.

 

"I ignored Jay's calls and texts for the past two days..." Sooyeon sniffed as she explained to me. I took a glance at the phone on the table and realised that it was vibrating again.

 

"Don-Don't pick up!" She cried as I reached out for the phone.

 

"Jay, this is Jiyong. Sooyeon is currently busy now. I'll call you back later," I picked up the call and started to blurt out the sentence before I hung up again. "Now, tell me what on earth happen? Why is our engagement party brought forward all of a sudden? And why are you rejecting Jay's calls? Aren't you guys together now?"

 

"Oppa, I'm going to leave Jay... He would die if I don't, Dad will crush him..."

 

I couldn't help but smirk at her remarks. Just this simple sentence from her and I've got my questions all answered.

 

"Yah oppa! What's with that smirk!" She hit my arms hard.

 

"Tsk, who was the one who said that she wouldn't be like me? Now, whose the idiot?" I chuckled and rubbed the bruised part.

 

"Alrights! You can snigger at me for all I care! My life is already ruined anyway!" She pouted. "Why do I have such oppa really."

 

"Haha! Araso araso! I'm just being a bastard okays? But why are you torturing yourself? You don't deserve all these, Jung Sooyeon. You acting in such a manner is just going to let our dads succeed."

 

She was silent for a moment before she chose to ask me a question.

 

"Oppa," she took a breath in. "How did you overcome it..."

 

It took me a moment to realise what she meant. I took a glance at her and looked towards the window.

 

"I don't know that either," a weak smile appeared on my face as I recalled the last five years of painful experience. "Everyday was like a torture. Even breathing was a chore to me. And when I met her again, it was light a blind man seeing the sun for the very first time in his life..."

 

I turned back to find her looking at me with a pair of sympathetic eyes.

 

"Now now, I don't need all these. I'm fine as it is right now," I smiled and her face gently. "You don't need to become like me, Sooyeon. You're an optimistic and cheerful girl. You deserve someone that would cherish you, that would love you with all his heart."

 

"Oppa, you think too highly of me. I understand how you feel now..." She smiled for the first time since I came in. "And I've found my answer too. If I'm in your shoes, I would have done exactly the same thing..."

 

"Are you serious? You don't deserve this, Sooyeon,"

 

"And neither does Jay," She cut me off. "I want the best for him. And the best for him, isn't like this. I ain't going to force him to put on some tuxedo, working in a mundane 9-5 job. It will kill him. I just want to see the carefree, the wild Park Jaebom. I love him that way and I'm not going to be the one to take that away from him." She looked away and took out the photo that was hidden beneath her pillow.

 

"It's better this way... Pardon me for being selfish, oppa. I just want the best for him..." It was their first photo as a couple. Jay had his arms wrapped around her and they made silly faces at the camera. The love between them was so pure, so innocent.

 

A smile appeared on her face as a lone tear fell onto the photo...

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Y-Yes... But that means that you and Yoona would never be together..." 

 

"It doesn't matter to me anymore. I love her, and I want to see that smile of her. She has that when she's with Daesung. And Daesung was blind. Because of her. Even if he had regained his sight now, Yoona would forever be indebted to him. There's no way we could be together already... In the next life maybe, like what I had promised her before..."

 

"In the next life, I promise I wouldn't want to be a rich girl anymore. I just want to be with the one I love..."

 

We looked out at the window in a solemn silence as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

 

It was such a heartbreaking scene. To see the cheerful Jung Sooyeon becoming the next Kwon Jiyong...

 

******

 

Just like what our dads had wished, we busied ourselves with the engagement party. Sooyeon bega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter