Unspeakable, Unbreakable.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's for someone that I really love..." I saw his fingers trailed up and rested on his necklace. At a closer look, the necklace hooked a ring. "We were once madly in love, but I had to leave her... It's for the best."

 

I saw a tired smile on his face. That ring, was our engagement ring.

 

He loved me unconditionally. And now, he still does...

 

"But I'm happy that she had found someone that she loves and is capable of protecting her," he gave a contented sigh and looked at me. "I failed to protect her, so, I hope that guy can. And I want to see her smiling. Forever and ever."

 

Our gazes locked and from that very moment, I knew I hadn't forget about him. The part that was meant for him was in hiding, and now, it has awaken.

 

"Alrights, it's getting late and chilly. Get inside now! I'll see you tomorrow," he smiled and pinched my nose gently.

 

I can't. Im Yoona, you can't do this. You can't hurt Daesung and you can't hurt Jiyong again. The history is going to repeat itself. The problem is never solved. It was just in hiding.

 

"Ji-Jiyong!" My heart wasn't listening to my mind and I called out, alerting him.

 

He turned and raised his brows in confusion.

 

"Op-oppa..." I added, because I'm an idiot. "S-See you t-tomorrow!"

 

"Oh," he was clearly disappointed but kept a smiling face, waving his hand at me. "See you~"

 

I could only sigh as I watched him got into his car, started the engine and drove off.

 

I just miss the chance again and again.

 

I'm going to lose him again and again.

 

******

 

Work started as per normal for me and somehow, I was rather relieved, but yet at the same time, depressed that I didn't get to meet Jiyong these few days. He wasn't in his office these few days and Bom had to deliever the necessary documents to his house and report to him about the day's operation. I bet he was too caught up handling his dad. After all, he had caused a huge commotion on his engagement party and thank god that Mr Jung didn't pursue the matter. If not, Jiyong would be in deep trouble. Much worse that whatever he's experiencing now.

 

"Yoona, Yoona?" I snapped out of my thoughts as Uncle Kang patted my hands gently.

 

"A-Ah neh!" I was startled and gave an awkward smile.

 

"Are you not feeling well my dear? Is Kwon Enterprise giving you too much work?" Uncle Kang asked concerningly.

 

"An-Anniyo~ It's just that I had been on too long a break. My bones are getting lazier," I joked.

 

"I see! I thought Kwon Enterprise is torturing you," Uncle Kang let out a hearty chuckle. "Then you guys should get going. A good meal will just perk you up."

 

"E-Eh?"

 

"Daesung is bringing you out for dinner, isn't he?" 

 

Oh right, I had forgotten all about it.

 

"Y-Yeahs, but I thought you would be coming along with us too," I pretended as if I remembered it and tried to add my comments in to make it more convincing.

 

"No thanks~ I bet someone wouldn't want me to be the lightbulb either," he laughed and leaned towards me, whispering. "And what fun is there if an old man is going to be there when he propose to you?"

 

His comment made me froze in place.

 

Propose...

 

"I'm ready! Shall we go?" Just then, Daesung came out of his room, all nicely dressed in his tuxedo and of course, with his usual warm smile.

 

"Yes yes! She's most ready! Right, my dear?" Uncle Kang winked at me and handed my hand to Daesung who linked it around his arm. "Enjoy your date!"

 

"I'll bring back dessert, old man~" 

 

"Oh spare me that, I don't have a sweet tooth anymore!" Uncle Kang rolled his eyes and whispered to Daesung. Well, it wasn't actually a whisper since I could hear it clearly. "It would be better if you don't come back tonight at all! Make sure you get me my daughter-in-law today!"

 

"Araso araso, make sure to have your medicine on time!" Daesung shook his head and chuckled in return.

 

"Just focus on doing your things, young man!"

 

"See you around, Uncle Kang. Take care~" I laughed and gave him a farewell hug.

 

******

 

Throughout the entire car ride, Uncle Kang's word lingered on my mind and I was dreadful. What if Daesung really did propose to me? Would I say yes? Does this mark the end of me and Jiyong's relationship? My fact about me recovering my memory, would only be kept among four people?

 

Daesung had played soothing classical music and by the time I was completely drowned by these questionings, sleep overcame me. I was awoke by his gentle shake and whisper. I woke up and gave a smile as he guided me out of the door and into the restaurant.

 

I needed to think of an excuse fast.

 

I was listless and nervous for the entire dinner and I wondered if he had noticed it. Most probably not. If he had, he must be really good at concealing himself then.

 

Finally, the time that I had dread was here. The courses were all up and we had finished the dessert. In an effort to drag time, I even ordered two desserts.

 

"For you," the waiter cleared away our dishes and he pushed a velvet box across the table, to me.

 

"E-Eh?"

 

"Open up," he gave a smile.

 

Oh no, this is it, Im Yoona. No matter what, you have to face it.

 

I opened up.

 

I couldn't believe my eyes.

 

"Like it?" His voice alerted me and I looked up.

 

"Yeahs~" I smiled in relief. "But a bracelete? I thought it should be a ri-"

 

Instead of a ring, the velvet box contained a silver Swarovski charm bracelet adorned with glass shapes and hearts.

 

"A ring?" he laughed. "I wanted to buy a ring initially, but seeing how relief rushed over your features just now when you realised that it was a bracelet, I knew I had made the right choice."

 

"I thought..."

 

"Yeahs, appa did ask me to propose to you and I really wanted to do that. I stepped into the shop and even took a look at the rings. However, I just couldn't bring myself to buy it... I'm sorry Yoona..."

 

"Nahs, I was planning on how to reject you too. You just saved me from the trouble," I smiled. "Why couldn't you bring yourself to buy it?"

 

"It-It's... Alrights. I should let you know," he sighed. "I'm returning to America. Appa wants me to expand our business there. I had thought about my future and I realise that my fu-"

 

"Your future doesn't include me?" I asked amusingly. "Wow, I'm hurt, Kang Daesung."

 

"I'm sorry then," he smiled. "Yeahs, I didn't see you being together with me in the future Yoona. I wanted to bring you back to America too, but I realise, there's just too much things and memories for you here. You can't leave and I won't force you too."

 

"But what about our relationship?"

 

"Stop letting me misunderstand Yoona," he laughed. "And quit acting..."

 

"E-Eh?" I was taken aback by his remarks.

 

"I happened to bump into Robinson three days ago~"

 

"Omo! H-He TOLD you?" I let out an agitated shout, earning stares from the others. I lowered my voice embarrassingly and hissed. "To think he values so much about his patient's privacy!"

 

"Oh well~ You know Robinson loves and adores me too much~" He shrugged. "Amusing isn't it? Whatever that I had said was actually right. Indeed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter