Such a Small World

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the blood donation card for what seemed like eternity. Is this the final connection that we had between us? I wasn't sure. Three weeks had passed and still, it felt so good to be true. Yoona had began working for Kwon Enterprise and well, true enough, I got to see and interact with her. Even those legal matters that didn't need my personal supervision, I insisted on taking it in my hands, just so that I could talk to her more often.

 

Surprisingly, Dad didn't take any underhand means to get rid of her. It was either he gave up controlling me, or that he was thinking of a foolproof plan to counter-attack me. I figured out that there was a higher possibility for the latter. Kwon Sang Woo wasn't someone that would give up so easily. If he is so easily affected by my words, me and Yoona wouldn't have ended up in such a state already.

 

I threw my head back and let loose a frustrated grunt. Damn. So what if we were working under the same company? We merely shared a boss-subordinate relationship. Nothing else more. I mean, come on, she don't even remember me now. I'm just someone who was kind enough to help her with her mum's funeral, someone who was generous enough to offer her a job. Maybe that's why Dad didn't do anything to her. He must have known that she is attached, and there's nothing more I could do to turn the clock back. 

 

Talking about her being attached. Man, her boyfriend, Kang Daesung. I had to admit, he's one of a kind. Everyday, at 6.30pm sharp, he would appear in our office, waiting to pick her up from work. He's a polite, kind and comical guy. All the female co-workers admired him. Hell, even Bom. Well, she didn't exactly admire him. She just told me that I'm going to have to go through a tough fight before I can get Yoona back. As if this wasn't bad enough.

 

"Come in~" The knock on the door alerted me.

 

"Jiyong-sshi, this is the document that you asked for." Despite all these, it's still good to see her every single day.

 

"Oh, Yoona-sshi. You should have just asked Bom to pass it to me, you need not come here personally." I smiled, taking the document from her.

 

"It's no trouble at all. I just thought that I might be of some help if you need some clarifications and explainations. It's my job. Oh, and call me Yoona will do."

 

"Alrights then. Yoona, how many times must I repeat this? Just call me Jiyong will do. I don't really like honorifics. It made me sound old." You don't know how long I had been wanting to call you by your name already...

 

"Araso. Jiyong... Oppa. Does it sound younger now?" She laughed. The same old laughter that she always has. Past or present.

 

Actually, I was hoping that you can call me Jiyong. Just Jiyong. Just like the past... "Yupps. It sounds perfectly fine and pleasing to me." I know that I'm a coward.

 

"Eh? Jiyong Oppa, what is it that you're holding in your hand?" I looked down at my hand and realised that I was still holding on to the blood donor card.

 

"O-Ohs.. I-It's nothing... Just some blood donation card... It's been quite long ago already though..." I stuttered and tried to keep the card back into the drawer. She need not know this. At least not now.

 

"Blood donation card? You're a blood donor before? Omo! Let me take a look at it! Let me see who's the lucky person who had received your blood!" A moment too late. She had took the card from me and I closed my eyes, waiting for the things that would happen next. "Omo. This..."

 

"M-Mianhae..." I didn't know why, but I felt like I should apologise.

 

"W-Why didn't you let me know?"

 

"I find it pretty cool to remain mysterious. You know, like Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker." I knew this was a lame excuse, but who cares? "Besides, it's only a one-time donation and it happened so long ago already."

 

"I don't think you had been bitten by a spider nor do you have so much wealth to buy yourself a superpower car." She pouted, clearly unsatisfied of my answer.

 

"Ahh. But you see, I didn't know you're THE Im Yoona. There's so many Im Yoona-s in this world. How am I suppose to know that you're the person that I had donated my blood to?" Since coming out with lame jokes didn't work, I tried to head for the logical part.

 

"Hmm... Fair enough... But you should have asked. The time and venue matched." This seemed to have do the trick as her expression became brighter. "No wonder Robinson told me that my donor is right here in Seoul, breathing in the same air as me."

 

"Oh Robinson..."

 

"You know him?"

 

Of course, he's the doctor that Dad hired to treat you, Pabo. "Oh of course. He's a fine old man I must say."

 

"I can't believe I finally found you! Not only did you help me with Umma's funeral, you gave me a job, and it turned out that you're the blood donor that I had been looking for! This must be fate!" In a moment of excitement, she held my hands tightly, beaming with delight.

 

If there was fate, we wouldn't have been torn apart in the past...

 

"S-Sorry... I-I didn't mean it..." She realised that she was holding my hands and wanted to let go.

 

"This is the analogy of love. When we fell in love, nothing else matters. No matter what, I swear that I won't let go of your hand. No matter how tough the road in front of us is, I would be right beside you, braving the dangers with you. I hope you would too, Yoona. Let us walk through this together." I spoke up after a long while.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter