Expect the Unexpected

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ji, Ji. Jiyong ah. Yah! Kwon Jiyong!" The next thing I felt was a hard hit on my arm.

 

"OUCH! Mwuh?!!"

 

"I think that's suppose to be my question." Bom rolled her eyes at me and folded her arms across her chest. "What's wrong with you Ji? You had been listless for like... Two weeks."

 

"D-Did I?" I stuttered. I'm asking the obvious. Bom would certainly know what's on my mind.

 

"For goodness sake. Stop being a wussy and just GO."

 

See what I meant? Many a times, she knows me even better than I know myself. It took me a moment or two to actually realise what she was driving at.

 

"I....I don't know about that Bom..." I threw my head behind and let loose a sigh.

 

"Don't you want to know how's Yoona doing now?" She cut off my sentence. "Even if you don't want to, it's only morally right for you to pay her a visit at least. A dying person is asking to see you! Can't you just stop reading so much into it and just go?"

 

"It's just... I don't know what feeling should I bear to visit her..."

 

"Sympathy, loving, hatred or whatever, I don't care." She said crudely. "All I know is that, you better pay this visit. You already have so many regrets in your life. Don't add another one into the already-long list."

 

Yes. It had been two weeks since I last received that phone call from the hospital. It had been bothering me ever since then, but I was too much of a coward to accept the fact. It was from Lee Hyori, Yoona's mum. The doctor told me that she wanted to see me and I should accept it, given that she's in a critically condition now. I was in too much of a shock for all this sudden flood of information. After all these years of absence, why would she want to see me all of a sudden? After all, I was the one who caused her daughter to meet an accident and the one who broke her daughter's heart. Plus, she was one of those many people who wanted us to break up too. Did something really happen to Yoona? So serious that she wanted me to know? Or could it be that Yoona had returned and she had realised her mistake, wanting us to be together again? I was too afraid to face the uncertainties...

 

No matter how much my fear was, I have to face this. It's now or never. She's a dying person and all she wanted was to just see me... I shouldn't hesitate so much anymore, before I regret again. Bom was right, there's just too many regrets in my life. It's time to stop all these.

 

"Cancel all my appointments for this noon." I grabbed my coat and dashed for the door.

 

"Yes Boss!" I could totally imagine the smirk on her face now~

 

******

 

Luckily for me, the traffic wasn't heavy and I managed to arrive at the hospital in less than an hour. I bought a bouquet of yellow carnation at the nearby florist and entered the lift.

 

The lift was flooded with people and I was being jostled to the back. Just before the door closes, someone shouted.

 

"Wait up!" Hmmm. The voice sounded familiar... "Th-Thank you..."

 

The lift then escalated and I waited patiently, listening to the mumurings of people in the lift.

 

I heard a guy talking to the girl.

 

"Let's go grab a bite first. You haven't eaten for the whole morning!"

 

"Anniyo~ I'm not really hungry anyway." The girl's voice sounded like the girl from before.

 

"Then, accompany me to eat something at least. Don't starve your boyfriend."

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia. You just won't give up until I eat something right?" She snorted. "Araso araso. Let's head to the caféteria first then. I think Umma would like some coffee too."

 

"That's more like it~"

 

With that, the door opened and they stepped out. Lots of people got out at that level too and just before the door closes, I caught sight of the couple. The guy pinched the girl's nose and she wrinkled her nose playfully.

 

"I was just thinking about you~ Thinking about the time when we first met." A wide grin spreaded across my face immediately as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter