The Analogy of Love

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From behind, I wrapped my arms around her waist. She was momentarily shocked by the sudden touch. However, as I placed my chin on her shoulder, she relaxed and laid back, closing the gap between us. Comfortable silence loomed over us as we looked at the night scenery in each other's arms. There was something that I'm certain of : I would never want to let go of her. Not now. Not in the future. Not anymore...

 

"I had been ually abused... Ever since I was eight..."

 

The words hit me hard and fast like a tornado. I froze, trying to make sense of what she was saying. Everything dawned on me. About why she didn't have any relationship despite her high popularity among guys, about why she seemed to be always in constant worry and fear and most importantly, her smile that never seemed to reach her eyes no matter how bright it was.

 

Her words began to shred me into pieces as I struggled to say something. Sure, saying that I wouldn't hurt her, I wouldn't mind and I would be there for her whenever she needs me, would make it sound nicer. But I knew that there was nothing I could say to make her feel better. Nothing I could say to change that horrible fact. Hence, I ended up keeping quiet and stared back at her.

 

Slowly, she stretched her hand out to touch my face, but I cringed away. It wasn't because I was scared of her. It was because I was scared of myself. I was afraid that I would hurt her. Hurt her in one way or another. She was so vulnerable and fragile... I had failed to realise that all these while, she loved me too, but was afraid to fall in love because of this dark secret. I had been so dense, thinking that she just didn't have the mutual feeling for me.

 

"It's...It's alrights... I knew this would happen... I'm so sorry for taking so much of your time and keeping you in dark for such a long time... I-I... I should go..." Her trembling voice brought me back into the reality as I saw her biting her lips hard, tears b in her eyes. She turned away and started running down the stairs.

 

As the sound of her footsteps distant away, my mind whirled. I didn't give much thought to it and allowed my heart and legs to decide for me. I began to pick up my pace, running towards the direction that she had previously ran.

 

She was still running along the empty hallway and I caught up with her as I sprinted. I held her wrist and she stopped in her step, back facing me. None of us uttered a single word. Only her muffled cries was heard.

 

"It would hurt initially... But-But I would learn from it... So, don't fret about it... I know I shouldn't have think too highly of myself... You're a rich and talented guy with a bright future ahead of you while I'm noth..."

 

I spun her around and crushed my lips into hers. I didn't want to hear those degrading words anymore. She is by far from nothing. She is everything. She is everything to me. To my pathetic, materialistic world.

 

When she softened and kissed me back, everything fell in place. There wasn't a need for verbal communication. This action was enough for me. I didn't know what our future would be but there's one thing I was ce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter