A Sweet Start

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was about to leave when I caught sight of her room still lighted. I took a peek inside and found that she was reading and scribbling down notes intently. So intently that she hadn't even noticed that I was standing right by her door. I chuckled silently and took off my jacket, heading towards the pantry room. I knew tonight would be a long night for her~

 

"You know, my entire firm would be ransacked if I leave you alone here."

 

"E-Eh?!" She was startled by my sudden voice and looked up, spilling water from her cup to the documents. "Aishh~ Chinjia!!" She let out a frustrated sigh, trying to clean up the mess she had just made. "You should have knocked!"

 

"I did. It's just that you were so engrossed that you didn't hear a single thing." I snorted as she fumbled about. "Come on. Chill a little will you?" I shook my head and walked towards her, grabbing her wrist.

 

"Ah...." We exchanged gazes for a moment and believe it or not, I could see sparks going off. I think she did too as she cleared her thorat unnecessarily, looking away from me. "How can I afford to chill? Tomorrow is the DOOMS day already!" She groaned as she walked away from me, towards coffee table.

 

"Come on~ You're my disciple! It can't be THAT bad." I chuckled and took a seat across her, handing her the cup of blue mountain coffee that I had just brewed.

 

"Correction. I'm just gaining experience here. I'm not your disciple~ We're of the same rank in this company in case if you had forgotten. Ok. Maybe I'm ranked just a little lower than you, given that It's you're the owner of this firm~" She took the cup and had a sipped before sighing in content. "But you're forgiven with this cup of coffee. Man, just exactly what I need now."

 

"Do you know why I choose to drink blue mountain out of all the coffee?" I smiled and took a sip from my cup too.

 

"Cause it's expensive? People have this mentality. The more expensive a thing is, the nicer it will be." She shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Though I wouldn't totally deny this point, but besides that it is expensive, there's still another reason."

 

"I know you want to say something. Just spill it out already, Boss~" She sniggered and put down her cup of coffee, flattening the hem of her skirt and looked at me.

 

"Well, the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee bean is grown in the Blue Mountain Range, located in the eastern end of the island. Its extreme elevation which highest peak is 7,402 feet, has excellent mix of rich soil, cool and misty conditions, high rainfall, and..."

 

"Wow wow. I know you love coffee alot, but you need not tell me how coffee is being made. I already have enough things on my mind now to care about how blue mountain coffee beans are being made." She cut me off and snorted.

 

"Chinjia. You're learning all the bad things from Soo." I shook my head. Even though the two of them were always cutting off my sentences, I still couldn't bring myself to get angry at them. They're just too... Innocent? "Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that, I learnt something from this coffee."

 

"And that is?"

 

"It has an exquisite flavour. When you take your first sip, you would be hit by a pang of bitterness." I paused and took a sip of the coffee. "However, after the second sip, you would find that it has an unusual sweetness in it." I put the cup back down slowly. "It's the sweetness among the bitterness that I love. If you didn't endure the first hint bitterness, you would never get to taste the sweetness..." I looked up at her. "It's just like life. At some point of life, you would be meeting terrains. If you brave through them, you would get to taste the sweetness. And that is, victory and success..."

 

I trailed off and allowed a comfortable silence to loom over us. She slumped back into the couch too, taking a sip of the coffee.

 

"You know what? What you say is right." She spoke up after a long while and gave me a relaxed smile. "I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter