Back to the Past.

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I glanced around the ballroom, biting back a sigh. Everyone, including me, was wearing a mask. It was a masquerade ball, a royalty ball to be exact.

 

Well, after Youngbae's successful proposal, we were thrown into another hectic week. Youngbae and Yuri had specifically asked me and Yoona to be their bridesgroom and bridesmaid. Oh well, it's for their own selfish purposes and also for my sake. They wanted to create more time for me with Yoona. Yoona, totally oblivious to our intentions, seemed really elated and agreed immediately. Hence, the four of us spent lots of time together; just like the past. Youngbae and Yuri finally have their church wedding two weeks later and it's really touching to see my best buddy getting married to the love of his life. I'm pretty sure things would be smooth for the couple now. Actually, not quite. Since Youngbae now has to deal with a bigger problem; living with a pregnant lady.

 

So, things between Youngbae and Yuri had been resolved and a month after their incident, it's finally back to my problem. Though through this one month of spending more time with Yoona had improved our relationship, Daesung and her relationship stood strong as well. She would always mention Daesung in our little conversations, be it a passing remark or a short story. Needless to say, I'm definitely jealous and depressed. But oh well, I know I have to take things slow.

 

Daesung's dad had decided to introduce Daesung to all his business partners and it was time for Daesung to be back into the limelight. Hence, this explains today's ball. It's organised by Daesung's dad and all the big shots were being invited. Including me. Of course I have to bring along Sooyeon and well, do I still need to mention why Yoona is here at this ballroom too?

 

"Jiyong... Oppa?" 

 

I came out to the opening area to catch a breather. I had always hated these occasions; they're just purely disgusting where everyone just fake a smile at one another. 

 

"Shouldn't you be inside, being together with your partner?" I turned around and despite her having her mask on, I was able to recognise her with only one glance. I mean, come on, we were together for a full three year and during her absence, I had been staring at her photo so much that I could even memorise each and every of her creases and wrinkles. Not that she had much to begin with.

 

"Says the person who left his partner inside the ball too," she replied with a snort.

 

Concurrently, we removed our masks with a laugh, revealing our identity.

 

"So, can I join you?" She stood there, waving her mask at me.

 

"I don't see why not," I gave a bright smile, extending my arm out for her.

 

She took it gracefully and I guided her beside me, before releasing her hand reluctantly. I looked up at the vast sky, covered with blanket of stars. It was a beautiful night.

 

"Wow, Gucci black tube dress with a pair of Jimmy Choo's stiletto and a Burberry's clutch to go along. You look gorgeous," I took a step back, eyeing her from head to toe as I smiled in satisfaction. "But it would be best if there is a Swarovski hair clip to finish the touches."

 

"Well, thank you~ I know, Sooyeon had been whining about that too," she let out a hearty chuckle and took a step back too, eyeing me. "Hmmm, Hugo Boss slim-fit tuxedo with a pair of Pedro black shoes and a rolex watch to finish your style," she pursed her lips and nodded, trying to prevent a chuckle from escaping. "You look not that bad yourself too. You would look even better if you can remove that Chromehearts rings. They're too outstanding compared to your clean and sleek style." 

 

"And to think that you're a novice at such stuffs~" I nodded too, trying to act professional.

 

"Well, Sooyeon had been going on and on about your outfit for the past two days. It's pretty difficult not to get them into my head," she laughed and faced the night sky. "I wonder how Yul and Youngbae oppa are doing now."

 

"I bet they're enjoying themselves and are probably sniggering at our misfortunes," I took a glance at her before diverting my gaze back to the scenery. "They hate such occasions too. That's why they chose to go for a two-week honeymoon, so as to avoid this."

 

"I thought you guys are used to all these?"

 

"Being used to it and liking it are two separate matters," a sigh escaped from my lips as I recalled about the past. "Enough of talking about me. Why are you here? It's suppose to be your day," I shook my head, turning around to lean against the railing and looked into the ballroom, witnessing Mr Kang introducing his son to his associates.

 

"Well, I would rather be in your position. At least you're used to it. I'm neither used to it nor liking it," she followed after me too and I witnessed her gaze softened but was mixed with a profound of worries and happiness as a smile fought its way up her face."But oh well, I guess I'll have to learn from now. He had done so much for me, much more than I deserve..."

 

If only you had remembered our past, you wouldn't have say such words...

 

"I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let you do something that you aren't comfortable with," I looked at her and gave an encouraging smile. "Daesung-sshi is a good man."

 

And his dad is much better than mine too.

 

"But I don't want him to be caught in between. It's tough,"

 

Her eyes met mine and once again, I found myself trapped in the past. Her eyes were still wide and mesmerizing, like the thousands of stars twinkling in the night sky. She was the same old Im Yoona; the girl who always places others before herself.

 

"Let's go," I adjusted my tuxedo, extending my hand out to her.

 

"Eh?"

 

"There's bound to be many chances for you to get used to these

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter