Behind the Facade

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoona-sshi! This..."

 

I trailed off as my eyes fell on the couple. I saw Yoona crying rivers while clinging onto her boyfriend, as if her whole life depended on it. I sighed and backed off, closing the door quietly.

 

I slumped into the couch and tried to calm myself down. Kwon Jiyong. Catch a hold of yourself. You're only an acquaintance. An acquaintance. Endure. You can do nothing but endure now. She had done so much for you in the past. It's time for you to pay back.

 

I shook my head - in a vain attempt to shrug away the despair and disappointed feeling. I got up and saw a post-it pad lying on the table. I grabbed it and started scribbling on it with my fountain pen.

 

Yoona-sshi,

 

I've packed almost all the things into boxes. There's this photo that I thought perhaps, you might want to keep it. Feel free to contact me anytime should you need my help.  My number is: 010-2718-1830. I'll make a move first. See you tomorrow.

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

I ended with a signature and pasted the note on the photo. It was a family photo. A photo taken when she was around two. I figured out that she might want to keep it, given that she had told me that she missed her dad alot. With the last glance at the closed door, I put my jacket on and stepped out of the house, into the cold, lonely night...

 

******

 

The next morning, I attended the funeral with Youngbae, Yuri and Sooyeon. Sooyeon insisted in tagging along with us, saying that she wanted to meet more friends. 

 

God wept a silent rain among the few people that attended the funeral. The flowers were frail, drooping their usual morning dew, paying their respects for Yoona's mum. We spotted Yoona and her boyfriend and walked towards them.

 

"I'm so sorry to hear this, Yoong. I should have been with you throughout this entire thing." Yuri closed the gap between them and gave her an affectionate hug.

 

"It's alrights Yul. You didn't know. None of us knew. Everything happened just like that." Another thing about her that didn't change. She's always comforting others, even though the one hurting the most is herself. 

 

"Awww! I'm so sorry Yoona-sshi! You have my condolences! I know how it's like to be without a mother by your side!" Don't ask me how or why on earth did she do that. Sooyeon was all teared up as she threw her arms around Yoona, taking her by surprise.

 

"Er... This is Jung Sooyeon.." I bit back a sigh and stepped in to break them apart.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Jung Sooyeon immida! I'm Jiyong Oppa's girlfriend. I have heard alot about you from Yuri and her words made no justice for you. You look much more prettier than she had described!" She did her self-introduction so easily and naturally.

 

Jiyong's girlfriend. My heart almost stopped when I heard that sentence. But seeing that Yoona did not even flinch for a split second, I was plunged back into the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter