Insincerity

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yul, what are you doing?" Yoona asked as I peeked from under my sunglasses, hiding behind the couch when someone came in. "OMO! You're FOLLOWING Youngbae oppa?!"

 

"SHHHHH!" I pulled her down and heaved a sigh of relief as he looked over to our side but found nothing. "Don't be so loud!"

 

"Why are you doing this, Yul?" She pouted with a dissatisfied look.

 

"I'm just spying on him to see if he's cheating on me," I continued to peek over the couch, seeing him walked to an empty table and ordered something from the waiter. He seemed to be in good spirits.

 

"What? Youngbae oppa cheating on you? How's that even possible!?"

 

"Yes. You guys are all being fooled by him. The innocent Dong Youngbae is long gone. I had been checking on his phone. He's always contacting that Lee Jieun!"

 

"Who's Lee Jieun?"

 

"Oh right, I forgot about you and your amnesia," I scoffed and received a dead silence. Then it dawned on me about how crude I sounded. "I'm sorry Yoong, I didn't mean it..."

 

"It's alrights," she gave me a smile and gave my hand a light squeeze. "Kind enough to fill this amnesia girl in?"

 

"She's a freshman when we're sixteen and we happened to know each other since she's our dance junior. To cut things short, it's known to all that she's a HUGE fan girl of Youngbae and EVERYONE knows that she likes him more than just a senior-junior affection. What makes things worse? Youngbae still kept in contact with her even after he had graduated and recently, they had been SO close. TOO close." I sighed, looking over to his table, seeing that he was taking a glance at his watch and the door.

 

Then, I saw the waiter bringing two drinks to his table. He's definitely waiting for someone.

 

True enough, after a minute or two, someone came in, with a HUGE smile on her face as she walked towards his table, greeting him with a hug.

 

Lee Jieun.

 

******

 

"Yul?" He was taken aback. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Of course you don't want me to be here! I'm spoiling your plan isn't it!" I glared at Jieun and back at Youngbae.

 

"Unnie, I thi..."

 

"Don't 'unnie' me! I don't think I can bear such an important title, Jieun-sshi," I cut her off angrily.

 

"Look babe, I'm sorry that I didn't reply your text. I've been so busy," he spoke up, as though standing up for her.

 

"There's 1,440 minutes in a day and you couldn't use one to text me?"

 

"My phone wasn't with me, babe."

 

"I saw your Facebook status being updated from mobile,"

 

"Damn"

 

"You." I spat, tears falling out. "I can't believe you're actually doing this to me, Dong Youngbae! To think that we had been together for eight years already! I thought you would be my last love! An-And here yo-you're, cheating behind my back, wi-with your junior!"

 

"Yul, you've got it all wrong!" He stood up, grabbing my wrist but I shook off harshly. "Wait, yo-you FOLLOWED me?!"

 

"That's not the point. The point is about you cheating on me!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter