Safe & Sound

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sooyeon! Sooyoung! Sooyeon!" I shouted as I wandered around the thick woods, trying to find my way back.

 

Blame it on my curiousity. I followed along the sparkling thing, only to find out that it was just a cluster of fireflies. They flew off once I caught up to them. After unveiling the mystery, Sooyeon and Sooyoung were gone. I was in some unknown place, all alone. I must have walked off from the group while following the sparkling thing.

 

To make the scene appear more melacholy, it began to rain. Faint splattering sounds could be heard, hissing as lightning struck the sky. I could hear the wind tugging at the trees, and small droplets of water left trails as they rolled down the leaves. A large boom echoed into the far away mountains, and I couldn't help but feel the rumble of the clap. Soon, the rain began to intensify, forming a wet cacophony. I began to run as the rain pelted my skin. Since finding my way back was even harder now, I decided to seek for shelter instead. I would find my way back when the rain becomes smaller or when the sun shines tomorrow morning. Perhaps, the others would have already notice my absence and are looking around for me.

 

I ran through the lush forest as the raindrops hit mercilessly on me and I was drenched within 10 minutes. I finally found a cave and with no hesitation I ran towards it.

 

In an attempt to keep myself dry, I tried to wringe off the water on my shirt. Having the intention of spending the night here alone, I made myself comfortable in the small cave and looked out at the dark sky. It was still pouring and I prayed silently that none of them would be looking for me. It's mountainous area after all and you would never want to step into the forest when it's dark. Wild beasts are all around, waiting hungrily for their pray. 

 

But having said that, I still wished that at least there would be someone who would be here to accompany me. Despite having experience in trekking and camping, I was still afraid. What if there's really wild lions or tigers appearing? This cave is small and there would definitely be no way for me to go up against a strong beast and It would pounce on me and eat m...

 

"YOONA! YOONA! ARE YOU HERE!? ANSWER ME IF YOU HEAR ME!!" 

 

I jumped up immediately and walked towards the entrance. The rain was too heavy and the night sky blurred my vision. I was certain that someone was calling my name but I couldn't see him. I began to shout back. 

 

"I'M HERE!! I'M HERE!!!" 

 

I shouted at the top of my lungs. However, the rain seemed to have drown my voice and I was outwined. I could no longer hear the person's shouts as well and I began to feel dejected, slumping back to the ground, bringing my knees close to my chest, hoping to get some warm. The eerie squawking of the crows and hootings of the owls didn't help in easing me at all. I buried my face into my knees, trying to control my tears. I was afraid. 

 

"Y-Yoona?" 

 

I thought I was in my dreamland. I ignored it, trying to wake myself up.

 

"Yoona?" 

 

The voice became more distinct and I knew I wasn't asleep yet. I snapped up immediately.

 

"T-Thank god! T-T-Thank god you're fine!!" 

 

Be it if it was relief or fear, my tears fell at the instant. I held on to him tightly, as if my whole life depended on it, my tears falling endlessly. 

 

I'm thankful. So thankful. 

 

He hugged me tightly, my hair gently as I cried like a lost child.

 

"Did you get hurt somewhere? Are you alright?" He broke away from the hug, examining me from head to toe, having a look of worry. 

 

"I'm fine oppa. Safe and sound," I sniffed and wiped my tears. "Thanks for coming..."

 

"Pabo, why are you crying?" He gave me a warm smile and wiped away my tears with his thumb.

 

I looked at his eyes and for the first time, I found it so remotely... Warm.

 

"O-Oh. I'm so-sorry..." He broke the eye contact and withdrew his hands from my face, putting them into his pocket.

 

"G-Gwenchana..." I felt my cheeks burning as I coughed a little. 

 

"Did you catch a cold? You should have worn a jacket before you come out!" He reacted immediately to my cough, removing his jacket and wrapped it around my body. "Look at you, you're freezing!" 

 

I looked at him being all so worried while caring for me. It seemed kind of weird that he's being so protective over me, but yet, it seemed so remotely familiar and it brought a pang of warmth to my heart. 

 

"O-Omo! Oppa! You're injured?!?!" As he zipped his jacket all the way to my neck, I noticed that there were fresh blood stains on the ground. I took a closer look and realised that the blood came from his hand. 

 

"I-It's nothing! I-I just had a slip off the rocks. It's nothing big," he withdrew his hand immed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter