Somebody To You

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV


I just woke up from my deep slumber, and the first thing that I noticed is there is something heavy leaning on my shoulder.

Then when I turned to look at who could it be my eyes caught Jennie's hand interlaced with that ugly monkey's hand. What does he think he's doing?! Oh no, don't get the wrong idea. It's just that human dumplings doesn't look good with ugly monkeys.

Did this guy just called that dumpling more beautiful than my island?! What is he? Blind? How can he compare my beautiful island to that ugly dumpling? Jeez!

The moment of my annoyance redirected at the woman whose head is leaning even closer towards me.

"Can't you just sit somewhere else?" I harshly raised my left shoulder that caused the person sleeping beside me to wake up.

"Sorry, I'm not really used to riding a plane so I can't sit alone." Soojin tried explaining to me, but I can't listen to her since all I see is that tiny little hand of that human dumpling interlaced with the ugly monkey.

"I don't really care." I answered quick without even fully giving my attention to Soojin beside me.

As I took another glance at the opposite side, I noticed Jennie is already looking at me with her 'I'll kill you' death stare.

"Hey you! I don't care if this is your plane, you can't talk to my bestfriend like that!" I can't seem to focus on what she was saying, she's just so cute with her mean face. So I ended up bursting out in laughter. This woman can really change my mood drastically.

"Here comes the fried dumpling to the rescue!"

Her supposed to be best friend looked at me and started laughing along with me. This tandem might just piss her off even more.

So, fast forward to our arrival at the resort. Jennie, Soojin, and the ugly monkey went out of the car first, they were so busy appreciating the beauty of my island when I heard the monkey talk to Jennie.

"You know Jennie, I would do anything just to get you an island like this if you'd marry me." Ah seriously? This monkey right here is really annoying!

I already made dinner reservations this morning, because you know uh— I don't want her to be hungry. And by her, I meant my sister. Yeah, it's for Lisa.

We went straight to dinner first when we arrived. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Jennie who is enjoying her food, she must be really hungry because there are mountains of food on her plate. How can a girl this small eat more than I could even handle?

I didn't notice that I was staring at her for far too long that she caught me red handed for a moment. I tried redirecting my gaze elsewhere, then I caught a glimpse of that ugly monkey— he's smiling uncontrollably from ear to ear as he is staring at the dumpling! I slammed the knife on my hand to the table softly just enough to get Kai's attention. And there it goes, the who blinks first loses the game started. I gotta find a way to keep Jennie away from this ugly monkey. If I had known that Kai would turn out to be a guy, I shouldn't have agreed on taking them with us. I mean, I thought Kai would be a dog! Just thinking of him hanging out with my dumpling gave me a headache! Wait, did I just say my dumpling? I meant THE fried dumpling.

I woke up early the next morning, and for some unknown reason I was excited.

"Could you please make a breakfast platter with two sunny side up eggs, bacons and a toast with marmalade dip? Thank you." I sat on the restaurant counter at the hotel and waited for my order.

"And oh! Please give me a cup, hot water and uh— soy sauce." I whispered as I mentioned the soy sauce.

"Here is your order ma'am!" The lady put down a tray in front of me, she was about to remove the plate from the tray but I stopped her.

"It's fine, this is not for me."

"Do you want a coffee with that ma'am?" The waitress asked.

"No thank you. I got it covered." I winked at the waitress and took the tray with me but this time I put the 'coffee' with it too.

I mixed the hot water and soy sauce into the cup and voila! Instant coffee! I can't wait to see the dumpling's face when she gets a taste of my freshly brewed coffee.

I was walking out of the restaurant when I heard a familiar voice.

"Well somebody seems to be in a good mood today." I turned to look at where the voice is coming from.

"Well, I gotta say... I'm pretty much excited about this vacation." I walked backwards while holding the tray in my hands.

"Hmm... Okay then, I'll just be at the bar by the beach."

"Don't you think it's too early to drink yet?" I queried, because the time is still 7:30AM.

Lisa just left and continued to walk further away. "Okay then! Maybe you'll find some girls there! Good for you!" I yelled as Lisa slowly walked out of my sight.

I placed the tray on my forearm, trying to balance it in one hand. I knocked on Jennie's door for few minutes before I heard the rustling noise inside, indicating that she's already awake.

Jennie opened it. "Who is it?"

"Good morning dumpling!" I greeted her with enthusiasm.

"There's no good in the morning, when the first thing that I ever see is your face." She rolled her eyes at me. I haven't even given her my 'special breakfast platter' yet but my plan already worked!

"I'm trying to be nice here, and this is all I get?" I pretended to be sulking upon her reaction towards me.

"Here, I brought you breakfast." I handed her the tray.

"Eat it before it turns cold." I told her with a pout on my lips. Yes, it actually works every damn time.

She seemed like she's feeling guilty about treating me that way, so she decided to let me in.

"Take a seat over there. I'll just blowdry my hair and then I'll eat this." She gestured me to take a seat on the couch, then she placed the tray on top of the coffee table. Judging by how her head is wrapped up in a towel, I think she just finished taking a shower.

"No, eat it first. It'll turn cold." I just can't wait to see her face when she drinks my 'special brewed coffee'.

"Okay." She sat down on the couch opposite to where I am.

She cautiously took a bite of the bacon and eggs while her eyes is fixed on me.

"I hope you didn't put any poison in this." She murmured but I can still hear it clearly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter