Happier

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come in!" Lisa uttered out loud when she heard a knock on the door.

The entrance opened and Chief Jung stepped inside Lisa's hotel room along with President Kim.

He bowed when he saw the woman. "Good morning Lady Lisa."

President Kim looked at her daughter with the signature piercing look in her eyes. Then she proceeded on sitting down on the living room's couch.

"I heard that you brought that woman with you to the hospital yesterday." President Kim uttered.

Lisa sat on the couch in front of her mother.

"I did, so what?" She returned the gaze to the middle aged woman.

"Are you aware that Roseanne Park knows that girl's identity and her relationship with your sister? She is not only a threat to their relationship, but to the Parks partnership to our company as well. You better make sure that she stays away from Jisoo as far away as possible. You know me Lisa, and you know what I can do." President Kim stood up and turned to leave.

"Madame President, Miss Park just called. Lady Jisoo is already awake." Chief Jung announced while putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Very well, let's go to the hospital first before going to the meeting." President Kim said. Then she turned around and looked at Lisa. "Keep her away from Jisoo, you know how hard it is to control your sister. If you want to keep that girl, go ahead. Just make sure that you do your job well."

Then they left her daughter's hotel room and went to the hospital to visit Jisoo.

Lisa immediately took her phone out and texted Jennie before going into the bathroom for a shower.

From: Lisa

She's awake, let's go to the hospital later. My mother is on her way there.

Jennie read the message and immediately ran to the lanky woman's room.

The latter heard the persistent knocking on her door, so she went out of the shower soaking wet and puts on a bathrobe to check on it.

"Wait!" She uttered out loud as she opened the door.

"Lisa—" Jennie flinched when the door suddenly opened. "I uh... I came here to ask you when will we be going back to that hospital?" The petite woman uttered while her eyes wander around anywhere except at the face of the woman in front of her.

Lisa chuckled, amused with the view of the petite woman who is avoiding to look at her while her face is all red. She knew what Jennie is trying to avoid since the lapel of her robe isn't fully closed.

"We'll leave in a while. Just let me finish taking a shower first." The lanky woman said to her.

"Oh okay, just knock on my door if we're about to leave. I'll just go back to my room." Jennie excused herself and awkwardly turned to leave, slowly walking back to her room.

Lisa can't seem to hide that grin on her face as she closed the door and went back inside the bathroom.

"Ah seriously? What is she thinking showing herself to me dressed like that? She could've told me that she was in the shower." Jennie lightly slapped herself with her eyes closed as if she's trying to erase the memory of how Lisa looked a while ago.

Then she snapped back to reality and touched the flower pendant of her necklace.

"Thank you for waking up." She smiled while thinking about Jisoo.

Then she walked to her bed and sat on it. "What should I tell her when she sees me?" Jennie asked herself.

"Jisoo, hi! Long time no see. No, that's too plain." Jennie laid on her back and started thinking about what she is going to say to the woman once they meet again.

"Hey crazy! I see that you're awake now, how's it going? No, that's too casual."

"Hi, I'm glad that you're okay. I was so worried about you that I came here without a plan. I missed you Chu." Jennie uttered.

"Is that it? Argh! I don't know what to say to her! Wait... Why am I even bothering myself on thinking about what to say to her? I usually don't care about what she thinks." Jennie kicked and punched the air.

Then she went to the bathroom to take a cold relaxing shower.

A few minutes later...

"Jennie, let's go!" Lisa announced.

"Okay! I'm coming!" The woman retorted as she hurriedly went outside her room.

A few minutes later and they're already at the hospital.

The two women were already standing by the door of Jisoo's room in the hospital. Lisa is about to open the door but she felt something tugging her long coat from behind.

"I'm just gonna wait here." Jennie said to her.

"What? Why? I thought you wanted to see my sister?" Lisa said to her in a very calm manner.

"What if she doesn't want to see me?" The petite woman looked really nervous while holding on to Lisa's coat tightly.

The latter smiled at her and cupped her face. "Come on, who would not want to see you? Let's get inside."

Then she grabbed Jennie's hand and led the way inside.

The moment that Lisa saw her sister, she quickly grabbed Jennie and covered her eyes with the palm of her hand, but it was too late. Jennie already saw Jisoo with the silver-haired woman holding each other's hands while looking at each other endearingly.

Jisoo noticed her sister and called her with a huge grin on her face. "Lisa? What took you so long? Chief Jung already came here with the witch." She said with her brightest smile.

Lisa stood in front of Jennie and faced her then whispered... "Sorry." 

The petite woman took Lisa's hand off from covering her eyes and looked up at her apologetic face.

"It's alright, I'm fine." Jennie uttered sporting a not really reassuring smile, but it is the best that she could muster at the moment. She stepped aside to show herself to Jisoo and slowly made her way to the woman on the hospital bed.

Jisoo looked at the petite woman without an expression on her face.

"Hey, I'm glad that..."

"And who are you?" Jennie got interrupted with the woman's sudden question. She stopped walking when she heard what Jisoo said.

"What?" She was confused when she heard the woman.

"I said, who are you?" Jisoo repeated her question without any fuss.

Then out of nowhere Rosé interjected.

"Oh silly! She's your sister's girlfriend, don't you remember? Her name is Jennie." The silver-haired woman uttered as she introduced Jennie to the woman beside her.

"Jennie? Hmm..." Jisoo is trying to recall a certain memory of the woman but she can't remember anything.

"It's fine, don't push yourself too hard if you can't remember her." Rosé said to her as she caressed the patient's face in front of Jennie.

"I'm sorry I can't remember you, nice to meet you by the way. Have you guys met Rosie? She's my girlfriend. I don't remember introducing her to everybody so I'm introducing her again." Jisoo uttered with her bright heart-shaped smile.

Jennie just stood there frozen. Jisoo didn't recognize her, the woman that she's been waiting to see didn't know who she is. And what's worse is that she just introduced someone else as her girlfriend.

"KIM JISOO!" Lisa yelled out of nowhere. She furiously approached her sister and grabbed the collar of her shirt.

The latter got startled by her sister's reaction.

"What are you doing?" Jisoo innocently asked, taken aback by what her sister did.

"Did you hear what you just said? If this is one of your stupid pranks again then stop it! It's not funny! Why don't you remember Jennie?!" Lisa yelled at her.

Jisoo forcefully pushed Lisa's hand away from her.

"You're yelling at me just because I can't remember her? What's so good about her anyway?" Jisoo retorted then stole a quick glance at the petite woman who is standing just a few feet away from the bed.

Lisa clenched her jaw trying to calm herself down.

"What's so good about her? Are you serious right now?!" Lisa uttered, already fuming in anger.

"Yes I am! She's not even that pretty, she's short and looks basically like a mochi and based on how she looks I can tell that she isn't smart either. Look, I'm sorry if I can't remember your girlfriend but is that enough reason to treat me like this?" Jisoo told her sister, looking a little irritated.

Jennie walked towards Lisa and grabbed her hand. "Lisa, it's okay. Let's just go, she can take care of Jisoo." She said to the lanky woman with her voice a little shaky.

Lisa heaved a heavy sigh. "If you were not in this condition right now I would've punched that face of yours already. Trust me, you'll regret this day Soo."

"That's enough Lisa... Jennie would you mind taking your girlfriend away from here? You guys are just disturbing the peace." Rosé uttered while smiling at the petite woman.

"Lisa please let's just go." Jennie mumbled while her eyes were starting to get clouded with tears.

Lisa then took Jennie's hand and took her out of that room.

"What's her problem?" Jisoo asked the silver-haired woman, shaking her head as they watched the two visitors leave.

"I don't know either. Stop thinking about it. Are you hungry? Want me to order some food?" Rosé smiled lovingly at the woman.

On their way to the elevator, the two women met Jisoo's doctor since she is on his way to the VIP room.

"Excuse me, are you Kim Jisoo's doctor?" Lisa asked the doctor who just came out of the elevator.

"Uh yes, I am her doctor and you are?" The man queried.

"I'm Lisa, Kim Jisoo's sister. Can you tell me what happened to her please? Why can she remember me but not her?" Lisa asked the doctor.

"Ah... She can't remember her too? What your sister is experiencing right now is called selective amnesia. People with selective amnesia like her tend to forget things or people that caused them trauma or if she's having a strong feeling towards something or someone then most likely that thing or person will be one of those subjects that she might definitely forget." The doctor explained to them.

"Will it be permanent doc?" Jennie asked him.

"For now, only time will t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter