Dancing On My Own

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dumpling, we're here." Jisoo announced as she pulled over in front of Jennie's house.

"Oh— uh... Thank you for tonight." Jennie uttered absent mindedly then she opened the door to get out of the vehicle.

"Ackk!" She exclaimed.

"Stupid, you didn't unbuckle your seatbelt. Wait, let me help you." Jisoo chuckled, then unfastened the seatbelt for Jennie.

She's used to getting embarassed in front of Jisoo but still, she feels it anyway.

"Thank you again for tonight." Jennie slightly bowed her head and went out of the car without making an eye contact with her.

"Tss...What a cutie." Jisoo said to herself as she watched Jennie go inside her house.

Then as soon as Jisoo is certain that Jennie is inside their house already, she left the place.

Jennie quickly ran to her room upstairs and slammed the door behind her.

She plopped on her bed and squealed like a fangirl meeting her idol for the first time.

"Wait a minute... Why am I screaming? Is it because of her? What she did didn't help my heart beat go back to normal, she even made it worse." She hugged her pillow while contemplating about her sudden burst of feelings.

She kept on covering her face with her pillow to muffle her squeal and kicked her feet up in the air.

She placed her hand on her chest and sighed. "Damn it Jisoo." She mumbled.

She went to bed that evening smiling uncontrollably.

"That crazy Chu." She whispered to herself as she slowly drifted into a deep slumber.

The next morning, President Kim is in her study room signing some documents. The TV in her room is on, she is listening to the news on air. But one particular news flash caught her attention more.

“This is just in, K&M Group of Companies Vice President Jung Woo Sung's son Jung Jinyoung was taken to the hospital last night because of some minor injuries that he got from being assaulted on his way to the red carpet premiere of the company sponsored movie. When asked who assaulted him, he said he better not disclose the whereabouts of the suspect to the public as they need to talk about the issue behind closed doors.”

She heard a knock on the door that distracted her. Butler Jo stepped inside the President's study room. 

"Madame President, a reporter wants to see you. He said he had some content that you might want to see." Butler Jo informed her.

"I don't have time for interviews." President Kim replied without looking at Butler Jo.

"He said it's about Lady Jisoo and the Vice President's son." Butler Jo added.

President Kim put her pen down and looked at the man. "Alright, send him in."

Butler Jo bowed to her before he left the room.

Then a man with a camera hanging on his neck went inside the room.

"Good morning Madame President." The reporter greeted her.

"Go straight to the point, what is it that you want to tell me?" President Kim put her pen and the papers on the side of the table.

"Oh, you're watching the news." He said when he noticed that the tv is on.

"You must've seen the news about Jung Jinyoung's assault issue." The reporter took a brown envelope out of his bag and placed it on President Kim's table.

"What about it? And what is this?" She glanced at the envelope on her table then returned her gaze at him.

"You'll see when you look at its content." He flashed his sinister smile at the woman.

President Kim opened the envelope and took the content out.

Her sharp gaze turned into a piercing stare when she saw the first photo with Jisoo on what looks like she's throwing a punch at Jung Jinyoung.

Then she takes a look at the second photo and she saw another image of Jisoo which looked like she was kicking the man who is laying helplessly on the ground.

Then her eyebrow raised on the remaining photos when she saw a photo of Jisoo hugging a woman who is wearing a familiar red dress.

"As you can see Madame President, I had a choice of writing an article about your daughter assaulting your Vice President's son but instead I chose to come to you first." He confidently leaned to the President's table and placed both of his hands on it.

"So, what are you proposing?" President Kim placed the photos on her table and diverted her gaze at the reporter.

"A decent amount of money would be enough to keep my mouth shut." He looked at his fingernails and blew on it then rubbed it to his shirt as if he is shining his nails.

President Kim's eyebrow raised when she heard the reporter's condition.

"If you don't want to, you can keep the photos and I'll leak the actual video of the assault." The reporter threatened her.

"How about I make you a better deal?" President Kim gave the reporter her signature piercing gaze.

"Uh... What's the better deal?" The reporter looks interested on what President Kim is going to say.

"Delete all your copies of the video and photos and I'll give you a job that pays triple the chump change that you're earning." She looked at the reporter in the eyes.

He is nervous and excited about the offer that he's getting.

"What's the job?" He queried.

President Kim took the photo out with Jisoo hugging a woman in a red dress on it. 

"I want you to find out who this woman is, and make a background check on her." She gave the reporter the photo.

"Well you know, investigating is my specialty. Consider this job done." The reporter smirked and gladly took the photo from her hand.

"Then start doing your job then, but first delete all your copies of the video and photos." President Kim reminded him.

"I will Madame President." He grinned at her.

"If one of these ever comes out to the public, I know where they got it from. And you don't know what unimaginable things I can do just to maintain the reputation of the company." She threatened the reporter.

"I know Madame President and trust me it won't happen." He reassured the woman.

"Then what are you waiting for? Leave. I got plenty of things to do." She took the pen and the documents and returned to what she's doing after the brief meeting.

The reporter left the room then rubbed both of his hands together as he stepped outside with a menacing look on his face.

"Butler Jo!" President Kim called the Butler who is standing outside her office.

He immediately went inside the President's study room.

"What is it Madame President?" He queried.

"I want you to keep an eye on Jisoo. Don't let her out of this house at all cost. Put some guards outside her room to make sure that she doesn't go out." President Kim ordered.

"Okay Madame President." Butler Jo bowed then left the room.

Jisoo is in her room, she just woke up. She stretched her limbs and yawned. "Oww! Ugh... This stupid ankle is aching again." She gently moved her foot in circles.

Jisoo heard a knock on her bedroom door seconds after.

"Lady Kim it's me, are you awake already?" Butler Jo queried from outside the door.

"Yes, why?" She took her cast boot and wears it.

Butler Jo entered her room. "Lady Kim, as per Madame President's order you are no longer allowed to go outside the mansion and some guards will be placed outside your room to make sure that you won't leave the vicinity. You will only be allowed to leave the house when you get the approval of your mother."

"What?! Ugh! What is that witch thinking?!" She immediately expressed her disapproval to the matter.

"It is her order Miss." Butler Jo replied.

"Ugh! I have to talk to her." She said then walked towards the door.

The moment that the door opened, she saw four mansion guards standing outside her room. They quickly grabbed Jisoo, stopping her from taking another step.

"Let go of me!" She protested.

"I'm sorry Lady Jisoo, Madame President's order." One of the guards replied.

Jisoo is helpless with four mansion guards holding her.

"AH! I TOLD YOU TO LET GO OF ME!" She yelled at the four men.

Lisa heard the commotion outside her room so she stepped outside to check what is happening.

"Butler Jo, what's going on?" Lisa asked the man who just went outside of her sister's room.

"She is not allowed to leave the mansion, Lady Lisa." Butler Jo gave Lisa a brief answer.

Jisoo looked at her sister. "I SAID LET GO OF ME!" She continued on protesting as the guards held her even tighter. 

"Just guard the possible exits of the mansion, let her go." Lisa told the guards.

"But Miss..."

Lisa raised her hand to the guard telling him not to contradict her.
They finally let go of the angry woman.

"Ah! Really... Ah!" Jisoo glared at the four guards then went straight to their mother's study room.

President Kim's study room door abruptly opened as Jisoo charged inside looking for her.

The moment that she saw her mother behind the wooden table full of piled papers, Jisoo stormed towards President Kim and slammed her hands on the table in front of the busy woman.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jisoo glared at her.

President Kim puts her pen down and looked up at her. "I am keeping you away from trouble." She leaned back on her swivel chair as she interlaced her fingers.

"What are you talking about?!" Jisoo said through gritted teeth while looking at her.

President Kim tossed the brown envelope containing the photos in front of her. "Take a look."

She quickly opened the envelope and took the contents out.

"What is this?" Jisoo queried in disbelief.

"What do you think? I am the only one who stands between you and a possible world wide issue. I fixed the trouble for you, you should be thanking me." She gave Jisoo a piercing look in her eyes.

"Where did you get these?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter