K. by: CAS

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV

We made it to my house in just a few minutes.

"You can go inside first, it's not like you haven't been here right?" I gestured Jennie to get out of the car as I opened the door for her.

The maids escorted her inside.

While I was parking my car in the garage, Butler Jo approached me and bowed.

"Lady Kim, your mother called again. She wants to speak with you."

I sighed in annoyance. "What does she want?"

"She wants you to go to Beijing ma'am, she said that you have to be there at the business meeting."

I pinched the bridge of my nose irritably when I heard my mother's request.

"What does she need me for? Lisa is there, she can handle whatever it is." I retorted.

"Ma'am, your mother made it clear that it should be you who needs to come. The investors requested your presence at the meeting." He enunciated each word that my mother wanted to tell me.

Do you know why I hated her? It's because believe me or not, Lisa and I aren't the only siblings in the family. We had an older sister, five years older than us to be exact. She's more like a mom to Lisa and I, than our actual mother in general. She took care of the both of us, but one day she left. My sister and I didn't see our older sister, until we were told that we have to go to LA to attend her wedding. We were fifteen back then. I just came back from the park when Butler Jo told me about the news. I didn't know what happened, it happened so fast. 

When Lisa came back from somewhere, we eventually prepared ourselves to leave. Butler Jo told Lisa first, so she already knew that we are leaving that day.

During our family dinner before the wedding day, I overheard my sister and my mother talking in the kitchen. My sister is sobbing while she's talking to our mother.

"Ma, am I not your daughter? Why do I have to do this?!" She cried.

"I told you already, this is a huge investment to our company. The man you are about to marry owns many well-known hotel establishments. And you are a great investment according to him." She then turned to leave my sister.

"Ma! I'm your daughter not some property that you can sell whenever you feel like it!" She yelled as our mother left her alone in the kitchen.

I saw how miserable our sister was. I hated her since then. She treated our sister like some kind of property. How could a mother do that to her child?

"Tell her I'm not going. So stop pestering me." I slammed the car door behind me and went inside the house.

When I stepped inside the house, I saw Jennie sitting on the couch surrounded by the maids. She seemed so uncomfortable with all the attention at her, so I stepped in and signaled the maids to leave.

"Get up, you look like a lost child there." I jested as I grabbed her hand to stand up.

"I'm starving. Where's the food?" Jennie pouted her lips.

I chuckled when I saw her face, this tiny little dumpling right here is so cute. 

"Just give me five minutes my lady, and you'll have your food." I bowed to her and led the way to the kitchen.

She's sitting patiently waiting for me to serve the food to her.

"Here you go!" I gave her a plate of pancakes with maple syrup.

She looked so excited as if it is her first time seeing a pancake. Then I gave her a cup of coffee to go with it.

"This is not soy sauce with hot water right?" She squinted her eyes, while she looked suspiciously at me.

I snorted upon hearing her suspicion. "No, this time it's real brewed coffee... Would you like some cream and sugar with that?" I queried.

She tilted her head slightly and smiled like an angel at me. Ugh!

"Yes please!" Then she resumed on eating.

After her meal...

"What now?" She queried while wiping her face with the table napkin.

"I'll have Mr. Chen take you home. I'll see you tonight at seven. Okay?" I informed her as I dialed Mr. Chen's phone number.

She just nodded in approval.

"Mr. Chen, please take Jennie home... And don't forget to bring all the stuff that we bought for her. Yes, it's at the trunk of my car... Okay, thank you Mr. Chen." I dropped the phone call then turned to look at her.

"What are you doing?" I raised an eyebrow at Jennie when I saw her clearing the table.

She froze for a moment. "I'm going to wash the dishes. Why?" She asked innocently.

"We have maids here, they can do that themselves. Now let's go, Mr. Chen is waiting for you outside." I grabbed her wrist, and walked her at the front of the house where the driver is waiting.

I opened the car door for her as I reminded the driver... "Take care of her for me." Mr. Chen just nodded, then I gently closed the door beside Jennie.

While I was watching the car leave, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

"Hello?" I answered the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Your dinner for two this evening is all set Lady Kim." The woman from the other line announced.

"Okay, thank you." Then I went upstairs to my room, and went straight to my walk-in closet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter