Ocean Avenue

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV


"Madame, let me take care of your luggage for you." A man in a black suit and tie with dark shades approached me and grabbed my luggage.

"Oh, it's fine. I can carry them myself." I declined his offer.

"Please madame, I need to do my job. Don't worry, I'll take care of your belongings." He bowed to me as he was taking the luggage out of my hand again.

I turned to look at Kai and Soojin, they seemed to be enjoying the moment since they were busy taking pictures with the men in black suits.

"Uh— Madame?" A man approched us.

"Lady Kim says that you have to get inside the plane now madame." The man gestured for us to get inside the plane.

"WOW!" Soojin was in awe when she got inside the plane. I gotta tell you, I'm impressed... VERY impressed, because this is my first time boarding a plane.

"Why isn't there any other passengers?" I asked Soojin and Kai who's still in awe.

"I don't know." Kai whispered with his right arm rested on my shoulders.

"It's a private jet, of course there would be no other people boarding this plane. Now, can you please take a seat so that we can leave?" Jisoo rolled her eyes at me. I can't really understand this person, a while ago she was so nice to me and now she's slowly getting back to her normal self.

Kai took a seat near the window at the same row across Jisoo. He waved at me and signaled to sit next to him at the aisle side while Soojin sat beside Jisoo who is now busy listening to the music as she put on her beats by Dr. Dre headphones with her eyes closed.

I wandered my gaze inside the plane, well actually, I am trying to locate where Lisa is seated.

She's on the last row drinking champagne on her own while listening to some music in her headphones.

I felt someone tugging my blouse from the side... It was Soojin, she's kinda fidgety although she's trying to restrain herself because she's sitting next to Jisoo.

Well you know, my best friend had a huge crush on Jisoo. I don't know why she likes her that much, because they never really had even the slightest of interaction before. She knew that I had a huge crush on Lisa and a great amount of hatred for Jisoo.

She seemed too hooked up on the idea that Jisoo is a gorgeous bad entity, she always says that 'she is totally her type'. Ugh! The thought of Jisoo being gorgeous? Eww! I just can't.

Yes, she is pretty. Wait what?! Did I just say that she's pretty? Eww no way! But Lisa on the other hand... Ah— even her smile could melt all the stress away in me, she is the real definition of drop dead gorgeous! I mean look at that smile! That sweet, angelic, heart stopping smile. My heart could go on a flatline if that would always be my view everyday, and I wouldn't even mind dying if she's the last thing that I will ever see.

I wonder what she's thinking right now, today's the first time that I saw her again since she left us at the airport.

"Jen?" Somebody snapped my moment of contemplation.

"Huh?" I turned to look at who's calling me and there I saw Kai leaning towards me.

"What are you looking at? You could get a stiff neck because you were looking at the back for a while now."

Kai removed the seatbelt and stood up to look at where I was staring when...

"Sir, please stay seated and fasten your seatbelt. We are about to take off." The flight attendant instructed him.

"Oh, I'm— I'm sorry miss." He chuckled uneasily and scratched the back of his head as he sat back down.

I turned to look at Soojin, she's already sleeping soundly beside Jisoo. I doubt that Jisoo even realized that somebody is sitting right next to her since she already had her eyes closed when Soojin sat beside her.

"Jen?" Kai uttered.

"Hmn?" I hummed in response.

"Can I hold your hand?" He asked.

"What? Why?" Dumbfounded by his request I quickly diverted my gaze towards him.

"Um— Promise you won't laugh?" Kai tried to ask for assurance.

"Okay? What is it?" I asked.

"This is my first time on a plane and I'm a little scared." He chuckled nervously as the plane is about to take off.

"Oh okay." I gave him my hand and he gladly took it. He interlaced his hands with mine filling the gaps between my fingers.

"Thanks." He scratched the back of his head and smiled.

After an hour, I heard somebody talking from the speaker.

“Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you.”

I turned to look at the window and saw that we're flying above an island surrounded by clear waters. I shook my hand to wake Kai up who is sleeping soundly while holding it.

"Kai!" I shook his hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter