Fools

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo woke up to the noise that was caused by the vibration of her phone. She groaned as she lazily reached out for her device on the bedside table. "Ugh! Who could be calling me this early in the morning?!"

Without looking at the phone screen, she answered the call. "Hello?" Jisoo mumbled, still drowsy.

"Hey Soo! Aren't you going to pick me up at the airport?" Jisoo sprung up on her bed when she heard Lisa's voice from the other line.

"Li—Li...Lisa?!" She stammered.

"Yeah? It's me your sister, Lisa. What's up with you?" The person from the other line queried.

"No—nothing." She gulped the lump in .

"Oh okay. Anyways, pick me up at the airport right now. I'll wait here at the arrival area." Lisa uttered.

Jisoo scratched the back of her head while still holding the phone to her ear. "Ugh! Why can't you just ask Mr. Chen to pick you up? It's still early in the morning."

"Come on dude! Didn't you miss me? I'll be waiting for you here so pick me up, okay?" Lisa uttered then dropped the call.

Jisoo kicked her feet up in the air annoyed. She dragged herself out of bed, and did her morning routine before going to the airport to pick up her sister.

After almost an hour of waiting Lisa already gained a sight of her sister.

"Hey Soo! Miss me?" She jested while Jisoo is approaching her.

"No I don't, you are so annoying. You could've called Mr. Chen you know?" The latter complained.

"Why? I want to see you. Let's go to Jennie's house first, I wanna give her something." Lisa raised the shopping bag in her hand to show it to the person in front of her.

Jisoo immediately snatched the shopping bag from Lisa's hand. "Umm... Aren't you tired from the trip? I'll take this to Jennie's, you go on ahead. I'll lend you my car."

Lisa was taken aback with Jisoo's swift movement. "Well that's strange..."

"What is?" The latter queried.

"You never lend your precious car to me. Are you sick?" Lisa pressed her palm against her sister's forehead as if she's trying to check her temperature.

Jisoo harshly swatted Lisa's hand away from her. "Ah! I'm not! Just go on ahead, I'll just call Mr. Chen to drive me to Jennie's house."

Lisa raised an eyebrow at her. "Dude, you don't have to do that. I can give it to her personally since we'll pass by her house on our way home."

"She's not at home! She's uh—" Jisoo paused for a bit, thinking of a sensible reason to say to her sister.

"She's helping her friend Soojin about uh—  something!" She snapped her fingers.

"Really? This early? Wait a minute... How do you know that?" Lisa asked, a bit suspicious at her sister's demeanor.

"Uh... Because her mom told me so! Soojin and her went to the province together!" She uttered. Another lie.

Lisa seems convinced at the information. "Oh... Then I'll give it to her if I happen to see her some other day." She uttered before getting inside the car. 

Jisoo placed her hand on her chest and sighed in relief.

"Let's go! I want to take some rest, I have to go somewhere later!" Lisa called her sister's attention.

Jisoo immediately went inside her car and drove straight to their house.

As they went out of the car a familiar face greeted Lisa. 

"Welcome back Lady Lisa!" Butler Jo bowed to her.

She patted Butler Jo's shoulder. "It's good to be back!" She said before she went inside the house, straight to her room.

Jisoo sat on their couch with her phone in her hand, contemplating about something.

Butler Jo noticed her who is in deep thoughts. "Lady Kim, is there something wrong?"

Jisoo snapped out of her reverie and shifted her attention to the middle aged man in front of her. "Butler Jo, what do you usually do for your wife in the morning?"

"Me? I prepare her breakfast before leaving for work." Butler Jo retorted.

Jisoo smiled like an idiot upon hearing Butler Jo's response. "Prepare her breakfast huh? Butler Jo, call Chef Martiń. Tell him to come with me, we're going to cook some breakfast."

Butler Jo was taken aback by Jisoo's ‘brilliant’ idea. "Ma'am?"

"Ah! Hurry up, call him now." She ordered the man.

Butler Jo immediately dialed Chef Martiń's number. "Good morning Chef. Where are you right now sir? On the way here? Oh... Lady Jisoo wants you to go with her... to cook some breakfast she said... Okay, thank you."

"What did he say? Where is he?" Jisoo grabbed Butler Jo's shoulders looking like an excited little kid right after the man ended the call.

"He is on his way Young Miss, just five minutes away to be exact." Butler Jo retorted.

"Okay, tell him I'll wait in my car." She said excitedly then went to her car and patiently waited for Chef Martiń.

After a few minutes, someone knocked on Jisoo's car window.

She unlocked the door and Chef Martiń went inside.

"Good morning Lady Kim, where are we headed to?" Chef Martiń queried upon entering the car.

"Just follow me, do you have the ingredients with you?" Jisoo queried.

"Yes Miss, it's in the trunk of my car." Chef Martiń retorted.

"Good, follow me." She uttered then the man immediately went out of her car as she started the engine.

After a few minutes of driving, they parked their vehicles in front of Jennie's house.

"We're here." Jisoo knocked on Chef Martiń's windshield.

She walked to the front door and pressed the doorbell. After a few moments, Mrs. Kim opened the door.

"Oh our beautiful daughter-in-law is here! Honey! Our daught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter