State Of Grace

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

I still can't get used to the new Jisoo that I am seeing these past few days. The old Jisoo is nowhere to be found anymore. She has become more of an awkward romantic type of person and I'm not gonna lie, she always catches me off guard with her words lately.

And now here I am staring at her eye to eye. She's wiping my tears as if we are in some kind of a tv drama where the leading man is comforting her lady.

I never noticed it before, but she really is gorgeous like how Soojin had always described her. I despised her so much, that she has always been the ugly sister of Lisa to me.

But from this moment on, everything changed. In some sort of a miracle, the ugly beast became an awkwardly romantic princess.

"Jen?" Jisoo broke my reverie.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"Aren't you going to watch the movie?" Jisoo asked.

"Huh?" I said, unaware of what's going on.

"You've been staring at me for a while now... Am I really that good-looking?" I didn't notice Jisoo had already removed her hand from cupping my face.

Well that was awkward.

I diverted my gaze to the enormous screen again, breaking the eye contact between me and her.

I cleared my throat and pointed at the screen trying to change the subject to reduce the awkwardness that I felt. "Oh look, snow!" 

Jisoo just glanced at me and smiled.

"I have never experienced snow before... It looks so fluffy!" Jisoo let out a soft chuckle. The sound of it eased the awkwardness that I am feeling at least.

"Wanna experience real snow?" Jisoo shifted her gaze from the screen, then to me.

"Huh?"

Jisoo stood up in front of me blocking my view of the screen and grabbed my wrist.

"Let's go to South Korea, it's winter season there right now. I'll let you experience that fluffy snow." And just like that, she dragged me out of the movie room. I swear to god this person is either impulsive or spontaneous. Does planning even exist in her vocabulary?

I pulled my hand back, trying to stop her from walking. "Why are dragging me around again?" I reprimanded Jisoo.

"We're going to Korea right now." She calmly said.

"What?! Right now? Are you crazy? My parents wouldn't allow me, and besides if they did allow me I haven't prepared my stuff yet." I tried to reason out with her.

Instead of listening to what I just said, she just took her phone out of her pocket and called somebody.

"Captain Rogers it's me, I want you to prepare the plane. We're going to South Korea in two hours... Okay, see you later." Then she dropped the call and called Butler Jo.

The man immediately showed up in front of us. "Lady Kim?"

"Go to the mall and find me and Jennie some winter clothes. You have one and a half hour to take it to the plane. Got it?" Then she continued on dragging me around until we arrived at their garage.

She opened the door near the passenger seat of her white lambo and gestured me to get in.

"Where are we going?" I asked her when she is already sitting at the driver's seat.

"We are going to your house." She took a quick glance at me and started the car engine.

"You're sending me home?" I queried.

"No, I'm going to ask for permission from your parents to let me take you to Korea with me." She winked at me then started driving.

We arrived at my house after a few minutes.

When we entered the house, I saw my Dad on the couch watching tv. Then my Mom went out from the kitchen with a spatula in her hand.

"You're here? I thought you're staying at your girlfriend's house for today?" My Mom queried when she saw that I just arrived at the house.

"Oh hi Mrs. Kim!" Jisoo waved at her when she saw my mother.

"Oh! My future daughter-in-law is here too? What brings you here darling?" My mother approached Jisoo and gave her a hug.

I am her real child here and she just walked past me and went straight to this person beside her real daughter who is basically a stranger to her.

Jisoo just flashed her friendliest smile to my Mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

What the heck is happening here? Does she even know my parents' names?

My Dad approached us when he saw an unfamiliar face.

"Oh hi Mr. Kim." Jisoo greeted him and reached out her hand for a handshake. 

My dad scanned her from head to toe. I noticed how a drop of sweat formed on her temple, and she gulped after lips. To say that she looks so nervous would be an understatement. She was terrified!

Then all of a sudden, Dad's lips formed into a wide smile and took Jisoo's hand then pulled her into a hug.

"Oh come here you! Don't call me Mr. Kim, from now on you can call me Dad too!" He excitedly told Jisoo.

I was absolutely dumbfounded with what I just heard. Daughter-in-law? Call him dad?! She's not even my girlfriend!

"And you can call me Mom from now on too." My mother added. Seriously?

Jisoo chuckled uncomfortably looking at them, then she shifted her gaze to me. "Okay, Mom and Dad."

"What are you guys talking about?!" I broke off their exciting meet the 'daughter-in-law' moment.

"Shush! Why are you yelling? Can't you see that we're talking to your future partner here?" Mom covered my mouth with the palm of her hand.

"She's not my—" 

Jisoo walked behind me and held both of my shoulders. "Mom... Dad... Actually, the reason that we're here is that I want to personally ask your permission if I could take Jennie with me to Korea today." She gave a smile to the both of them.

Mom gasped upon hearing her, and both of my parents looked at each other.

"Did you hear that honey? She's asking for permission from us... Oh what a good kid you are! Of course, you can take Jennie... Just make sure to bring her back." My mom winked at Jisoo.

Oh my god, I can't believe my mom just sold my soul to this devil. I mean former devil, she's a good person now... I think?

"Thank you Mom, I promise I'll bring her back in one piece." Then she slowly pushed me towards the door.

"Oh... You're leaving now? Can't you stay for lunch?" My mother asked.

"Sorry Mom, we really need to go." Jisoo reasoned out.

"Okay, take care of my daughter for me Jisoo." Both of my parents just watched us leave. Unbelievable.

Now we are in the car on our way to the airport. I still can't believe that she didn't even have to go through the difficult process of building my parents' trust. They literally just gave me away to her!

"Why didn't you say something when my Mom called you my girlfriend?!" I scolded her.

She took a quick glance at me and scoffed. "Why would I deny the title that Mom just gave me?"

"What?! Don't call her Mom, we're not siblings!" I exclaimed.

She glanced at me again and smirked. "You're right, we're not siblings... We can't be siblings, because you are my future wife and that would be weird if you're going to marry your own sister, right?" Jisoo then winked at me.

Ugh! This person can be really annoying. "NEVER! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!" I enunciated each word clearly for Jisoo to understand. Well I hope she does get the message clear enough.

She smiled mischievously when she heard what I just said. "We'll see about that."

"Huh! Wanna bet?" I gotta show this over confident person that I am not going to submit to her.

"Sure. What's the bet?" She stopped the car and faced me.

"Hmm..." I was thinking of a better reward for myself when I win but Jisoo as usual, interrupted.

"How about this... After our vacation from Korea if you're still not into me, I'll stop our deal even if Lisa is still not back. But... If I somehow caught even a tiny part of your affection, you'll have the opportunity to call this great gorgeous Jisoo your girlfriend." Jisoo suggested. 

Of course I know I'll win eventually, so I agreed to her conditions.

"You got yourself a deal." I reached my hand out to her for a handshake. She gladly took it. Ugh! Here goes her ominous smile again.

"Deal." She took my hand but instead of shaking it, she kissed it at the back.

"Wha— what's it for?" I was taken aback by her sudden gesture.

Jisoo then lets go of my hand, and before getting out of the car she said... "It's a seal of our deal."

I didn't notice that we already arrived at the airport runway where Jisoo's private jet is waiting.

She walked around the car to my side and opened the door for me.

"Are you just gonna sit there or are you coming with me?" She uttered, so I slowly made my way out of the vehicle.

"Let's go!" She walked towards the plane first, leaving me behind standing beside her car.

As I entered the plane, the flight crew bowed and greeted me with the wide smiles on their faces. "Good afternoon Miss Jennie!"

I smiled timidly while looking for a seat. Then I heard Jisoo call me.

"Sit beside me." She tapped the empty seat beside her.

"Why would I? There's a lot of empty seats here..." I tried to reject her offer but she already walked towards me and dragged me to the seat beside her then fastened the seatbelt for me.

"There! It's not that hard right?" Jisoo then took her seat beside me and leaned back to relax.

We still have 4 hours left before we arrive in Seoul.

The sudden turbulence woke me up from my slumber. I wasn't aware that I fell asleep during the flight. I slightly moved my head and felt something heavy on my left shoulder, so I turned my head and found Jisoo sleeping soundly.

She must've been so used to riding a plane that the strong turbulence didn't even bother her a bit.

My eyes got distracted all of a sudden by her heart-shaped lips that I didn't even notice that I was already staring at it way longer than necessary.

I may sound like a ert right now but, the longer that I stare at her lips the closer my face got to her. It's like those beautiful pair of soft flesh is inviting me.

But my uncontrolled movement stopped when our noses finally touched. And out of nowhere, a smile appeared on Jisoo lips as she says... "We're not even in Korea yet but you're already starting to lose the bet." She slowly opened her eyes.

I stopped breathing for a moment. Oh my gosh! I want to jump out of this plane right now.

I can't believe I was just about to kiss her. What's wrong with me?

Then I heard her whisper in my ear.

"Don't worry. I'll pretend that you weren't planning on kissing this gorgeous human beside you while she's asleep just now." She nudged me on the arm then put on her headphones and went back to sleep.

I was about to transfer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter