Yellow Lights

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cloud is dark and heavy today.
Lightning flashes across the dark sky, thunderclaps can be heard all over the city. When everything is dark and gloomy, one person seems to be enjoying her morning.

"Good morning Butler Jo!" Jisoo greeted the middle aged man cheerfully.

The man bowed when he saw Jisoo's figure. "Good morning Lady Kim."

"It's a very great day today Butler Jo!" Jisoo spreaded her arms like a showman in front of the window looking outside, as the thunderclap created a loud noise that caused the car alarms to go off.

The maids murmured when they saw Jisoo's good demeanor this early in the morning. Usually it would be like going to war with her in normal days, but today she's different.

"Is she crazy? What's going on? I think the bolt in her brain is loose."

Jisoo heard what the maids just said. Usually if she hears an employee talking like that about her, she fires them on the spot. No apologies, no explanations. But today, she is such in a great mood that she just smiled at them and even told them...

"You guys are working so hard, you should be rewarded. Butler Jo! Order anything that the employees inside the house wants and bill it to me." She told the Butler then went back upstairs to her room.

Everyone's jaw dropped upon hearing Jisoo's order. They looked at each other, wondering what just happened.

She is now in her room, sitting on the recliner couch while staring at her phone.

"Should I text? Or should I call Jennie?"

"What am I going to say?"

She's thinking about what she should say but she can't seem to think about anything.

 

Jennie's POV


What happened last night was pretty much unexpected. I can't believe I am saying this, but I woke up this morning with the moment of the last night's kiss flashing in my mind. I just found myself smiling for no reason at all. Last night, I forgot everything about Lisa. I even forgot her face the moment that Jisoo kissed me, all I see is Jisoo. Even when I close my eyes I can still smell her Miss Dior perfume.

I must be dreaming because Jisoo isn't like that at all. At least from what I originally know. She's not the type that would care about me, I didn't see her as a romantic kind of person. She had always been the arrogant prankster in my eyes... But that all changed since last night.

Her presence feels like home. I only feel that type of comfortability when I am with my family. What happened to the Jisoo that I despised? It's so not like her.

When she reached out her hand to me and asked me to dance, I felt like a princess being asked by the princess? To dance in a ball. She made me feel safe in her arms.

When I leaned on to her shoulder, it's like I have fallen into a dream world.

The vibrating sound of my phone on top of the bedside table broke my moment of contemplation.

I checked to see who is calling me this early in the morning, and I saw Jisoo's name flashed on the phone screen.

"Oh my gosh it's her!" I panicked for a moment that I almost dropped my phone on the floor.

"Umm—uh... Hello?" I answered her call.

"Jen? Are you free tonight?" She asked me from the other line.

"Umm..." I haven't finished what I'm about to say but she already interrupted. Gosh! Jisoo isn't really the type of person that would actually wait for someone to finish talking first.

"I'll pick you up tonight." She said.

"What? Why?" I queried, curious about what she's planning to do this time.

"I want to show you something." I was about to ask another question when she already dropped the call.

I crashed myself back on the bed, then I heard my mom call me from downstairs...

"Jennie! Your friend Kai is here!" She announced.

I immediately ran downstairs to look for him.

"Jen!" He waved at me as soon as he saw me descending from the stairs.

"Kai, what brings you here?" I smiled at him.

"Soojin asked me to give this back to you. She's so busy helping her dad in his restaurant so she can't give this back to you personally." He explained, as he hands me the paper bag with the dress that Soojin borrowed from me for her cousins debut.

I took the paper bag from Kai's hand. "Thank you."

He stood there for a moment, then he took a deep breath and asked me... "Would you like to have lunch with me? I mean it's almost noon, so I figured— you know... Let's eat? My treat." His sweat is trickling on his forehead as he speak.

"Hmm... Okay! Your treat then!" I excitedly agreed to his offer.

Kai's nervous face turned into a smile when he heard me accept his offer.

"What do you want to eat?" He queried.

"Hmm... Let me think... Ah! I want some beef noodle soup, since the weather today is cold." I snapped my fingers.

"Okay then, let's go?" He reached out his hand for me to hold.

"Wait, I'll just go upstairs and get changed. Wait for me in the car." I instructed him.

"Okay, don't take too long."  He went out of the house, straight to his car.

It's raining outside so I gotta wear something warm. I put on a thick jacket and sweat pants, my whole tiny frame is covered so I'm not worried of the cold.

After fifteen minutes of choosing what to wear, I finally went downstairs then walked to Kai's car.

I was holding an umbrella on my right hand, and I reached for the car door with my left. Then to my utmost surprise, somebody came out of nowhere grabbed my hand and stopped it from opening the door. I turned to look at the person who just stopped me, and I was startled when I saw Jisoo. She is drenched from the rain.

"Jisoo? What are you doing here?" I asked her, dumbfounded.

"I should ask you the same. Where are you going with that ugly monkey?" She's still holding my hand with her cold hand.

"Oh... Kai? We're going to eat some beef noodle soup. Do you want to come?" I invited her innocently.

Kai must've noticed my delay of entering his car, so he went out to check.

"Hey! Let go of Jennie! It's raining and we have to go somewhere." He warned Jisoo.

But the woman in front of me doesn't seem to care about his existence, when she just dragged me to her car then drove away leaving Kai.

"Hey! You can't just do that!" I reprimanded her.

"I'll have the chef make you some beef noodle soup, just stop nagging." She covered my mouth with the palm of her hand.

Ugh! She's getting on my nerves again. She loves dragging me around whenever she feels like it.

"We're here." She looked at me and smirked.

She just took me to her house wearing a sweat pants and a jacket?

"Where is chef Martiń?" Jisoo asked Butler Jo.

"He's at the kitchen ma'am preparing your lunch." The man replied.

"Tell him to stop making my lunch and start cooking some beef noodle soup." She ordered the man while she dragged me inside the house.

"Lady Kim, you're drenched in rain water." Butler Jo snapped his fingers, then a moments later one of the maids brought a bath towel for Jisoo.

"I'm fine, just tell chef Martiń my request." Then she continued dragging me upstairs until we reached a huge room.

Wow! This room is six times larger than mine.

"Don't be so amazed, it's not like you've never been in a room this big before." She took a quick glance at me.

"What are we doing here?" I queried.

"You'll stay here until tonight... I don't want that stupid monkey picking you up at your house." She then took her phone and called somebody.

"Butler Jo, please bring me some women's clothes here in my room..." She then looked down at my feet. I am wearing a white Adidas rubber shoes.

"...and also a women's shoes... Size? Hmm... About 6 or 7. Thank you." Then she went straight to a door, I think it's her bathroom.

She yelled from inside the bathroom "Stay there! Don't go anywhere else!"

I sat on the recliner chair near her bed. How can someone have a room this big? It'll fit a family of six!

After a few minutes, I heard somebody knocking on her bedroom door.

"Lady Kim, the clothes are here. Shall I send them in?" I heard Butler Jo's voice behind the door.

I walked over to open the door but Jisoo grabbed the knob before I could.

"Don't open the door to strangers." She squinted as she leaned towards me, her face is a few inches away from mine.

I looked straight into her eyes as she makes her teasing erted look at me.

"Are you crazy?! It's literally just Butler Jo outside!" I crossed my arms trying to cover my body.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Every step that I took backwards, she also takes a step forward closing our distance.

I was so distracted by her face getting closer to mine, that I accidentally fell on to the recliner couch due to the multiple steps that I took trying to avoid her.

I accidentally clung on to her nape as I stumbled on to the recliner couch. She was so startled by the sudden weight on her neck that she almost fell on top of me. The good thing is that, she was able to support herself with the arm rest of the couch.

Our noses were an inch apart from each other, our eyes suddenly meet then she whispered.

"You know in cases like this in tv dramas, the guy should kiss the girl. But in this case I'll just wait for you to kiss me." She winked at me and smirked.

Ugh! This woman really knows how to make me cringe.

"Sorry but I don't intend on kissing you." I pushed her away from me making her stand back up.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter