Death By A Thousand Cuts

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good evening Lady Kim." Butler Lee greeted Jisoo when they happen to see each other at the wooden bridge going to the overwater villas.

"Where are you going Butler Lee?" She queried as it is unusual for him to be roaming around the area.

The man showed Jisoo an envelope that had Lisa's name written on it.
"I am just going to deliver this envelope to your sister, madame."

Jisoo snatched the envelope from Butler Lee's hand.

"It's alright Butler Lee, I'll deliver this to her myself."

"As you wish Lady Kim." The man didn't object and bowed to Jisoo then left.

She went to Lisa's room right away to deliver the item. She knocked on her room door, and after a few knocks she heard her sister answer from the inside.

"Wait!" Lisa said to the person knocking on her door.

She opened the door and saw Jisoo, Lisa is just wearing a bath towel wrapped around her since she just went out of the shower.

"What is it?" Lisa asked.

"Can I go inside first?" Jisoo asked.

Lisa stepped aside and Jisoo went in then closed the door behind her.

"Here." She handed her sister the envelope.

"What is it?" Lisa looked at her sister who is sitting on her bed.

"It's an envelope, duh?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow.

"Who sent it?" Lisa queried.

"How should I know? It's not like I would read a letter that's sent for you before you could get a chance to read it." She looked at Lisa who is now opening the envelope.

"Who is it from?" She asked Lisa who didn't even bother answering her question, nor reading the letter and just tossed the paper to the coffee table.

"I'm just gonna go get dressed, it's almost dinner time." Lisa told Jisoo and walked to the other room inside the villa.

Jisoo seemed so curious at her sister's indifferent reaction upon seeing the letter, that she slowly crept to the coffee table trying not to make a single sound.

"Now let's see what this letter says." She said to herself as she unfolded the paper.

“Lisa,

I will soon be married to the son of the owner of Prada. I wanted to invite you and Jisoo, but I know that a little glimpse of you again might change my mind and I don't want that to happen. The real reason why I am writing you this letter is because I want you to know that somebody out there just loves you more than I do. I can see the way you looked at each other, that there is something that's just waiting to unravel. Lisa, I am talking about Jennie. Even though she didn't really said it to me, I can feel her affection towards you. I can see how much she cares about what you feel. Did you remember the day that I asked you to take me to see Jennie before I left? She told me not to go, she told me that if I really love you I should always stay by your side. Don't you see where I am going here? She loves you that much that she's willing to see you with someone else even if it hurts her. I can't think of any other person that's more deserving of you, than Jennie.
I love you Lisa, but this is it. I want you to go on with your life without me in it.

Niki”

Jisoo just leaned her head on the couch and covered her eyes with her hand. She let out a heavy sigh and put the letter back to its original position. She stood up and walked towards the door when she noticed a familiar item on top of the bedside table.

She slowly walked towards the table and picked the item up to take a closer look.

Lisa went out of the room fully dressed, when she saw Lisa scanning the item in her hand.

Jisoo tore her gaze away from the item to Lisa. "Where did you get this necklace?"

"Oh that? Jennie. I was about to give it back to her this morning but I forgot to bring it. Why?" Lisa said innocently.

"Uh— nothing." Jisoo put back the necklace on the table and left Lisa's room.

Dinner came, and Lisa noticed her sister's demeanor. Jisoo is a little indifferent during the whole duration of the dinner. She didn't even took a single bite of her food. She just sat there quietly, staring at it while poking the food on the plate with a fork.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Lisa asked her sister who seems to be not in the mood.

Jisoo just took a quick glance at her sister, then back to poking her food again.

"I'm not hungry." Then she stood up and excused herself from the group.

Jisoo went to the end of the wooden bridge and sat on the floor. She leaned backwards while both her arms were supporting the weight of her upper body and her feet dangling above the clear waters.

She looked up at the night sky with lots of stars in it, each and every one of them is shining brightly adding beauty to the horizon where the sky meets the sea.

"Why am I feeling this?" She whispered to herself.

"Why does it feel like I am dying by a thousand cuts?" She reached for her chest.

"Why do I feel this miserable?" She clenched her hand into a fist and hit herself on the side of her head as she closed her eyes.

"Jisoo?" She heard a familiar voice of a woman calling her from behind, then she sat a meter away from Jisoo.

"What are you doing here?" She asked Jennie without looking at her.

"I should ask you the same. What are you doi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter